Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

1 hour ago, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

I’ve lost 46

since the beginning pre op first.
started at 336. I lost one pound in the last week.
surgery date was 4/12

When does the half of the stomach they cut away for the sleeve take over to tell you aren't hungry anymore?

38 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

I never had any issues with water! I love it. Protein Drinks are good still, but I drink iconic. Not a lot of flavor variety though. Since I can’t take artificial sweeteners, I never did crystal light but I have mixed a bit of apple juice or tart cherry but only in the beginning. What about tea? I’ve read about people mixing unflavored Protein Powder in tea. The heat helps dissolve it or something.

I made some cauliflower risotto for dinner.

Hi there, I dont have a dislike of Water. It's the metallic taste that I have in my mouth that some people talk about during this process. It makes the water taste bad. I limit myself to one pack of crystal lite a day because I want straight water really for my weight loss. I will keep trying options. Just wish I can get rid of that metallic taste.

20 minutes ago, Cherylanne22 said:

When does the half of the stomach they cut away for the sleeve take over to tell you aren't hungry anymore?

Please explain. I'm curious about what this means.

Just now, Blueslily said:

Hi there, I dont have a dislike of Water. It's the metallic taste that I have in my mouth that some people talk about during this process. It makes the Water taste bad. I limit myself to one pack of crystal lite a day because I want straight water really for my weight loss. I will keep trying options. Just wish I can get rid of that metallic taste.

Wasn’t judging the crystal light, it just doesn’t agree with me

40 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

Twins!
I have not weighed myself except at my two week follow up where I was down 8 pounds.

Most things I’ve tried have been fine, I track what I eat and how I feel and my habits (64oz+ Water, walking for 30 min, vegetable juice, and vitamins). When I hit all 4, I draw balloons in my journal :)

Drawing balloons sounds fun!

2 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

Wasn’t judging the crystal light, it just doesn’t agree with me

No problem twin! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Please explain. I'm curious about what this means.

I was told with the sleeve the part of the stomach that they cut out is the part that tells you your hungry?

I can say this… I don’t get hungry anymore, since the surgery. I have to remind myself to eat with alarms.

Hi! I weighed today. I had the surgery on April 12th. Down 28 lbs so far. I’m struggling to know what I can eat as far as soft foods that are full of carbs and are high in Protein.

Hi y'all I'm 11 days post op, and nearing the two mark to start solid foods! I've lost 18lbs so far and loving it.

Questions for you all, I never had any pain at all, or nausea, to the point that I wondered if they cut me open at all (despite the very obvious incisions). I also had no problem drinking Water or any liquid so far, including creamy Soup. I've had some BM issues and have introduced a daily serving of metamucil and it has helped. Do a double scoop after a particularly troublesome BM

I go on hourly 5-10 walks throughout work.

My incisions themselves are mostly gone, just scabs that are starting to peel off and fall.

I don't get hungry anymore either, after drinking something I get a stomach rumbling, similar to when I used to be hungry before, but without the sensation of hunger.

I've been taking my chewable vitamins everyday but just recently ordered the PatchAid Patches and can't wait to try them!

2 hours ago, Blueslily said:

During the weekend, my tummy started to act like it does not like Premier Protein chocolate shakes (my favorite) or Crystal Lite Lemonade, another favorite l. Hmmm, on no. I need these both. They help me meet my goals. I'm going to take a break from PP chocolate this weekend and see how it goes next weekend. Will try another CL flavor. I can only drink so much Water without having a nasty metallic taste in my mouth. I try to get through 8 ounces of plan Water. And then the next 8 will be CL. How do we get rid of the metallic/chemical taste?

Crystal light just started to make me feel weird the other day. I tried Mio and it’s great!

3 hours ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

Crystal light just started to make me feel weird the other day. I tried Mio and it’s great!

For years I have drink Crystal light, and the premiere Protein was my favorite before surgery. After surgery I can’t stand the taste or smell of the PP. the crystal light was gagging me within a few days. I have been doing lemon Water for the last few days and that seems to work best. I did do some gatorade zero before the lemon water but that started bothering me too. I no longer crave sweet, I crave salt. I never really had the metal taste in my mouth but did have the worst taste that made me sick to my stomach. A friend of mine that had the surgery said it’s my body burning the fat. That taste has gone away pretty much now. And I started doing slimfast powder with almond milk. I can’t do reg milk cuz it messes with my stomach pretty bad. So I don’t get the protein from the shakes that I should. It sucks and I’m not sure how to get all the protein I need!

5 minutes ago, Struggling a bit said:

For years I have drink Crystal light, and the premiere Protein was my favorite before surgery. After surgery I can’t stand the taste or smell of the PP. the crystal light was gagging me within a few days. I have been doing lemon Water for the last few days and that seems to work best. I did do some gatorade zero before the lemon Water but that started bothering me too. I no longer crave sweet, I crave salt. I never really had the metal taste in my mouth but did have the worst taste that made me sick to my stomach. A friend of mine that had the surgery said it’s my body burning the fat. That taste has gone away pretty much now. And I started doing slimfast powder with almond milk. I can’t do reg milk cuz it messes with my stomach pretty bad. So I don’t get the Protein from the shakes that I should. It sucks and I’m not sure how to get all the protein I need!

They have shakes that are milk free like fairlife they are pretty good

1 minute ago, Cherylanne22 said:

They have shakes that are milk free like fairlife they are pretty good

I will have to look for these. Amazon had them but they were super expensive and I have BOXES of Pure Protein and slimfast here that I can’t use right now. I’m going to save them awhile and see if I can stomach them in a month or so.