Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 weeks from surgery and the nerves are REAL!



Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

Insurance Approvesssss!!! Thank you all for the prayers and good vibes

YAY!! She shoots and scores!! Do you have a date yet? Keep us in the loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tim C said:

YAY!! She shoots and scores!! Do you have a date yet? Keep us in the loop.

Yes date is March 17th!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, JustJazzy said:

Yes date is March 17th!!!

Yay!!!! That's so awesome!! Please come back and let us know how the surgery goes!!!!

I didn't get my official approval but my nn told me they will get it! She is going to call them everyday if she has to she said. They have refaxed all of the info to a single contact within the determination department so by this time next week I should have my approval in hand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

Yay!!!! That's so awesome!! Please come back and let us know how the surgery goes!!!!

I didn't get my official approval but my nn told me they will get it! She is going to call them everyday if she has to she said. They have refaxed all of the info to a single contact within the determination department so by this time next week I should have my approval in hand!

Yes fight them to the end! Until you get the approval!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still getting the run around from insurance. My surgeons office has now submitted the required info 3 times to three different fax numbers that they have been given and insurance is still claiming to not have received the paperwork. It's so frustrating. I can't get a straight answer nor can I speak directly with the person within the insurance company that is handling my case. My surgery date is coming up and there are still things I have to do but I was told to hold off for the approval. I'm running out of time if I want to make this surgery date and there is literally nothing I can do. I feel so helpless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

Still getting the run around from insurance. My surgeons office has now submitted the required info 3 times to three different fax numbers that they have been given and insurance is still claiming to not have received the paperwork. It's so frustrating. I can't get a straight answer nor can I speak directly with the person within the insurance company that is handling my case. My surgery date is coming up and there are still things I have to do but I was told to hold off for the approval. I'm running out of time if I want to make this surgery date and there is literally nothing I can do. I feel so helpless.

I went through this exact same thing. The insurance kept pretending to not get it until my doc uploaded the documents. When is your date? The approval is coming !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

I went through this exact same thing. The insurance kept pretending to not get it until my doc uploaded the documents. When is your date? The approval is coming !

March 22. I'm about to find out if there is a way for mine to be uploaded and sent instead. I'm on hold now with insurance. I've been on the phone with them for literally an hour so far. And this is the second phone call to them today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, JaysWife said:

March 22. I'm about to find out if there is a way for mine to be uploaded and sent instead. I'm on hold now with insurance. I've been on the phone with them for literally an hour so far. And this is the second phone call to them today.

Oh you’ll be fine! Sending positive vibes. So what else do you need to do? My doc allowed me to continue with the process while I was waiting for insurance

Edited by JustJazzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JustJazzy said:

Oh you’ll be fine! Sending positive vibes. So what else do you need to do? My doc allowed me to continue with the process while I was waiting for insurance

I have some final pre-op tests to take, covid, ekg, and blood work. Also I have to start my pre-op diet on Thursday. The problem with that is I am required to purchase my Protein Powder through my surgeons office and it's $90. I don't want to spend that if I don't have an approval so basically I have until Wed. Which isn't looking good right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I completely understand about the 90 that’s a lot to spend if you don’t need to. Hopefully you have the answer soon. Stay on the doctor and insurance that’s all I can say. Praying for you! You got this surgery will be March 22!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JaysWife any update with the insurance ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2021 at 8:28 AM, JustJazzy said:

Insurance Approvesssss!!! Thank you all for the prayers and good vibes

Yay great news!!😊

My surgery date is next Thursday. So I'm 8 days away. I'm not nervous yet. They canceled and the rescheduled me a few weeks ago when I was 4 days away. My mother passed away from covid and my surgery date previously was scheduled around her funeral. Then when they found out I went to her funeral even though they scheduled it that way they canceled me. My mom was about 400 lb. They couldn't turn her on her stomach and the covid took her faster. I'm so scared to be that way even though the surgery for me is not weight related but medically related. My family genetics take all the family that way once they hit my age. I'm 52. I've done everything I can to talk myself out of this surgery but I have gastroparesis and I'm miserable every day, food is not my friend. I'm doing the gastric sleeve to reshape my stomach and make eating work for me instead of against me. And thinking about my mom my grandmother all my aunts and uncles and all of their weight related health problems it motivates me to keep moving forward. Knowing that after the surgery those will never be part of my future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, JustJazzy said:

Insurance Approvesssss!!! Thank you all for the prayers and good vibes

YAYYY!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qamilian said:

Yay great news!!😊

My surgery date is next Thursday. So I'm 8 days away. I'm not nervous yet. They canceled and the rescheduled me a few weeks ago when I was 4 days away. My mother passed away from covid and my surgery date previously was scheduled around her funeral. Then when they found out I went to her funeral even though they scheduled it that way they canceled me. My mom was about 400 lb. They couldn't turn her on her stomach and the covid took her faster. I'm so scared to be that way even though the surgery for me is not weight related but medically related. My family genetics take all the family that way once they hit my age. I'm 52. I've done everything I can to talk myself out of this surgery but I have gastroparesis and I'm miserable every day, food is not my friend. I'm doing the gastric sleeve to reshape my stomach and make eating work for me instead of against me. And thinking about my mom my grandmother all my aunts and uncles and all of their weight related health problems it motivates me to keep moving forward. Knowing that after the surgery those will never be part of my future.

Awe man sorry to hear about mom. Will put you in my prayers. my surgery is next week as well on Wednesday. I’m kind of nervous but reading these comments I believe we are making the best decision for us to be a better version of ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

Awe man sorry to hear about mom. Will put you in my prayers. my surgery is next week as well on Wednesday. I’m kind of nervous but reading these comments I believe we are making the best decision for us to be a better version of ourselves.

You will not regret it , at least I dont 15 days post op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×