Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am looking for some advice on how to get my belly down. I have lost 75 lbs., but my belly is still sticking way out. I look weird because I have no ass, and little chicken legs. Even though my belly has gone down, it still sticks out. From the front view, it looks ok, but when I turn to the side, I look like I am 4-5 months prego. Is there any food I should not be eating, exercises I can do to target this area? I am 6 months post op, and have not done any exercising at all yet. I just want to look normal, and have my belly go with the rest of my body.

Unfortunately, from what I understand, there is no real way to spot-lose or target fat loss to a specific body part, other than plastics. Generally, the first place you gain weight, is the last place to lose (while the rest of the body continues to get smaller). For me, its my legs. Even though I am pretty small (overall) now, my legs look bigger compared to the rest of my body.

When you were smaller, was your bulk mainly in your midsection?

14 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Unfortunately, from what I understand, there is no real way to spot-lose or target fat loss to a specific body part, other than plastics. Generally, the first place you gain weight, is the last place to lose (while the rest of the body continues to get smaller). For me, its my legs. Even though I am pretty small (overall) now, my legs look bigger compared to the rest of my body.

When you were smaller, was your bulk mainly in your midsection?

I think you meant when I was bigger. Yes I was an apple shape. Now I think you said in an other thread that I seemed to be a rectangle now? I think I am still an apple because all my weight is in my belly. I wish there was a way to get rid of it without having plastic surgery. I have been researching, and it is very expensive, and I am not sure if I want to be in so much pain while recovering.

56 minutes ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I think you meant when I was bigger. Yes I was an apple shape. Now I think you said in an other thread that I seemed to be a rectangle now? I think I am still an apple because all my weight is in my belly. I wish there was a way to get rid of it without having plastic surgery. I have been researching, and it is very expensive, and I am not sure if I want to be in so much pain while recovering.

LOL, yes, I meant "when you were bigger", sorry!

As for determination of body types/shapes, I don't think it has to do with where the majority of your fat is located vs. your overall proportions.

For instance, my measurements are 33.5(bust), 26(waist), 34(hips), and my legs seem to be the relatively fleshiest/densest part of my body. Based on these measurements, I should be a rectangle. BUT my shoulders are 36 (which have like zero fat on them) and this makes me an Inverted Triangle.

In my neurotic research, a lot of calculators out there seem to ignore the shoulder measurements, which is weird, because the width of one's shoulders influences the overall visual shape. Take a gander at this article if you are bored:

https://www.whowhatwear.com/how-to-find-body-shape-calculator

This one is an easier read, and is Oprah, and she knows EVERYTHING...lololololzzz:

https://www.oprah.com/style/whats-your-body-shape/all

34 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

LOL, yes, I meant "when you were bigger", sorry!

As for determination of body types/shapes, I don't think it has to do with where the majority of your fat is located vs. your overall proportions.

For instance, my measurements are 33.5(bust), 26(waist), 34(hips), and my legs seem to be the relatively fleshiest/densest part of my body. Based on these measurements, I should be a rectangle. BUT my shoulders are 36 (which have like zero fat on them) and this makes me an Inverted Triangle.

In my neurotic research, a lot of calculators out there seem to ignore the shoulder measurements, which is weird, because the width of one's shoulders influences the overall visual shape. Take a gander at this article if you are bored:

https://www.whowhatwear.com/how-to-find-body-shape-calculator

This one is an easier read, and is Oprah, and she knows EVERYTHING...lololololzzz:

https://www.oprah.com/style/whats-your-body-shape/all

Thanks, I am going to have hubby help me measure. I am very curious now. It seems the "shapes" have changed a little bit.

Can't hurt to look into some abdominal exercizes. They might not work, but you never know until you try, and why not?

I know there's one lady on here who is a weight lifter who has had INCREDIBLE results without plastics, by sculpting her body with weight lifting.

I, too, am a rectangle. LOL. If you find something that works, be sure to share!

8 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I know there's one lady on here who is a weight lifter who has had INCREDIBLE results without plastics, by sculpting her body with weight lifting.

Would be interesting to know how much weight she lost (especially in BMI points). After all there's a difference between losing 80 lbs being a tall person and losing 160 lbs when being a short person.

I only think of weight changes that are about the same BMI points as comparable when it comes to loose skin. Also, age is a huge factor and "quality of skin".

All excellent points, Summerset. She claims to have had four kids, and her results are just amazing. Not saying everyone could do this...(and God knows I have issues with places my body didn't reshape exactly how I'd like it and i don't know that a whole lot could be done outside of plastics).....but, I've gotta admit, it makes me curious to try it! Her skin reducing back into place is shocking to me.

If I didn't have all the loose skin in my belly, I would probably be at least 2 sizes smaller than I am now. It is the only place that looks fat on me now. I lost weight everywhere else. I hate it because now it looks weird to see just the belly sticking out.

My skin is of bad quality. Lots of stretch marks on it. Torn skin. It's plastics for me. Once my exam is over I'm going to try to speed things up a bit again. I'm vaccinated and work in a hospital setting. I hope being a vaccinated patient in a hospital isn't more dangerous than this.