Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post sleeve. Sick of all soft/pureed food

I've had tuna, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, yogurt, and cream of wheat.

I don't find anything appealing to eat even when I'm hungry. Are there any savory food choices to make this phase bearable?

Are you on the pureed stage progressing to soft foods or doing a combination of both? How much longer on this or those phases?

My only suggestion would be blended Soups. Protein Shakes, broth - but I am a pretty boring eater.

Your dietician have any suggestions for you that fit in with your guidelines.

4 hours ago, KayBee1972 said:

I've had tuna, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, yogurt, and cream of wheat.

I don't find anything appealing to eat even when I'm hungry. Are there any savory food choices to make this phase bearable?

In this phase, I was eating these savory things (as per my plan):

- Mashed potatoes (well blended, lil dash of nutmeg makes it so good, add some milk to make it smoother)

- Boiled meatballs of lean ground pork/beef + onion + spices, which were then blended to atoms, formed into tiny meatballs and boiled. Great way to get something savory and "real" in. If chewed well, there's no lumps in it because the mix is blended prior to cooking (and it was in my plan from the puréed phase). Don't knock the boiling until you've tried it :)

- 'Creamed' spinach, basically finely blended spinach stewed with lower-fat vegetable-based cream.

- Veggie blends; boiled and then blended carrots, peas, parsnip, celery. Season to taste.

A tiny portion of each would feel like a true meal.

Don't yell at me, but my nutritionist told me ANYTHING could be a puree if you chew it well enough before you swallow.

I'm 12 days post op, 5 days on pureed. Like you, I've had eggs, yogurt, tuna, pureed my own fruit, and v8 tomatoes juice. All have been very well with me. Today I am tired of eggs so I had sugar free oatmeal, went well. Later today I plan on homemade guacamole (obviously no chips or bread), and some leftover tuna salad I have (pureed). My NUT is not letting me have smoothies or fruit yet because of the carbs. She said my focus must be hydration and Protein. I'm excited for my guac though, hehe.

What I really want is a curry. I was idly wondering if I could eat the inside of a somosa last night. I wondered if I could puree a chicken tikka masala, or if the sauce would be too rich? Does really spicy hurt the tender new stomach?

I guess I'll have to ask the nutritionist.

54 minutes ago, icandothis_gastricsleeve020221 said:

I'm 12 days post op, 5 days on pureed. Like you, I've had eggs, yogurt, tuna, pureed my own fruit, and v8 tomatoes juice. All have been very well with me. Today I am tired of eggs so I had sugar free oatmeal, went well. Later today I plan on homemade guacamole (obviously no chips or bread), and some leftover tuna salad I have (pureed). My NUT is not letting me have smoothies or fruit yet because of the carbs. She said my focus must be hydration and Protein. I'm excited for my guac though, hehe.

A friend of mine told me to try making parmesan chips by melting/baking blobs of shredded parmesan. You could maybe try those as chips for guacamole at a slightly later date.

What I really want is a curry. I was idly wondering if I could eat the inside of a somosa last night. I wondered if I could puree a chicken tikka masala, or if the sauce would be too rich? Does really spicy hurt the tender new stomach?
I'm not sure about the sauce. I think it's the sugar content or carbs that's the issue. Not the spiciness.

A friend of mine told me to try making parmesan chips by melting/baking blobs of shredded parmesan. You could maybe try those as chips for guacamole at a slightly later date.
Yeah I asked my NUT about that too, she said not in the pureed stage, she only wants me to have melted cheese. She said if I toast it or it gets too hard it can get stuck and cause a blockage. That scared me enough, I'll wait patiently till March for that. She also told me that when I'm able to eat crunchy stuff to make sure I have it with something wet because again it'll get stuck. It's a whole new lifestyle honestly.

I made a few servings of puréed chicken salad today (ate only one). I thought it would be weird but it was actually tasty! I’m going to try the same “recipe” with eggs and tuna soon.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:31 PM, KayBee1972 said:

I know the feeling. just added about 1/4 tsp curry paste to my `100gm of chicken puree

not really curry but it added to the taste (Im3 week postop VSG)!

On 2/14/2021 at 4:59 AM, OAGBPal said:

Mashed potatoes (well blended, lil dash of nutmeg makes it so good, add some milk to make it smoother)

Can we have mashed potatoes? I figured it would be too starchy?

Im entering pureed/soft foods tomorrow. I would LOOOVE mashed potatoes! I ordered flavorless Protein Powder and can add it in to make it more Protein heavy.

1 hour ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

Im entering pureed/soft foods tomorrow. I would LOOOVE mashed potatoes! I ordered flavorless Protein Powder and can add it in to make it more Protein heavy.

Hi! There's no "we" in our plans, unfortunately. I could, but your program may say otherwise. US doctors in general take a more cautious approach than Euro/Asia docs it seems.

Im entering pureed/soft foods tomorrow. I would LOOOVE mashed potatoes! I ordered flavorless Protein powder and can add it in to make it more protein heavy.
I was allowed mashed potatoes. Every plan is different.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, STLoser said:

Every plan is different.

5 hours ago, OAGBPal said:

I could, but your program may say otherwise

That's true. I emailed my nutritionist and I'm hoping she says yes!