Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 Sleeve Surgery

On 1/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, NiceAnkles said:

Hi! Feb 4 for me. I have a pre-op appts with the surgeon and anesthesiologist 1/22. So excited! My surgery was originally scheduled for Dec 17, but cancelled due to covid.

Surgery

On 1/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, NiceAnkles said:

Hi! Feb 4 for me. I have a pre-op appts with the surgeon and anesthesiologist 1/22. So excited! My surgery was originally scheduled for Dec 17, but cancelled due to covid.

Surgery was on the 8th. At home now. No complications. It only hurts a little at the incion sites. Im managing with meds. No having any problems swallowing or holing food except that mess they make you swallow to see if have any leaking. I threw that mess up quick! Minimal gas pains on day one but once I started walking, that subsided for the most part. The only complaibt I have is that everything tastes sweet including Water. Anybody else have that issue?

Hi 😊 Got my date yesterday, Feb 23. No preop diet (was totally shocked—doc said he’s found they aren’t necessary and feels they’re a bit barbaric 😳) just nothing to eat after midnight before surgery. One overnight in the hospital. Then, it’s full liquids after for 10 days.

4 hours ago, NaturalMom said:

Hi 😊 Got my date yesterday, Feb 23. No preop diet (was totally shocked—doc said he’s found they aren’t necessary and feels they’re a bit barbaric 😳) just nothing to eat after midnight before surgery. One overnight in the hospital. Then, it’s full liquids after for 10 days.

That is how mine as too. But I was Clear Liquids for 14 days. I can't even do the Protein Shakes or cream Soups. I have my first follow up appointment today.

Hey everybody, I had my surgery on Tuesday the 9th and I’m doing pretty well. Only had two small bouts of nausea but never threw up. I’m doing fine with warm liquids like chicken broth. That doesn’t seem to cause any esophageal spasming I was having in the hospital with cold liquids. So I’m sticking to warmer or room temp liquids. I’ve been up walking a lot and haven’t had much of the problem with the gas. Feeling pretty good but just tired. Hope everyone is doing well!💕

Glad to hear you’re doing so well. Get lots of rest!

Thank you all so much for your tips

But I actually ended up in the ER but I'm home now. I had a hernia at the same time as my gastric sleeve, and I just had severe pain. I'm just so disheartened by this whole thing. I pray for brighter days.

Having my covid test tomorrow for my surgery on the 19th and meeting with my surgeon as well. This is all getting so real. Just about a week! 😬

On 2/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, GenevaRaquel said:

I had my surgery Feb 1st.

I have to be honest and say I'm having a hard time and at this point I wish I did not do the surgery. I may change my mind as I go along but right now I'm starving, I'm uncomfortable, in pain and just want to sleep cause I'm so weak.

Sorry, I wish I had more positive news to share.

Hang in there. I am sorry that you are feeling so terrible. I pray things start looking up and you feel better soon.

Hey there! I’ve been reading posts for a few weeks and thank you all for info, advise, etc... I was sleeved on Tuesday, Feb 9th. I also had a hiatal hernia repair. I ended up having a tough time with nausea and staying 3 nights at the hospital. My surgeon reminded me several times this week- be patient - everybody responds and heals at their own pace so my body just needed a few days before it was ready to calm down and allow me to sip and keep it down ;) I am so thankful to be home with my husband and kids — even sleeping in a recliner in the living room last night hands down beat the bed at hospital. It was very very hard to get any sleep there. Just getting good a nights sleep at home last night alone, I feel like a new person :)

I had my sleeve as well on Feb 9. I am currently still in the hospital on Sat Feb 13. I have suffered severe nausea and dry heaves all through out the days. Today I feel good ate almost all my cream of chicken and pudding. Got all my skim milk down. Am excited for Dr to come in so I can finally go home

On 2/11/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dogmom68 said:

Hey everybody, I had my surgery on Tuesday the 9th and I’m doing pretty well. Only had two small bouts of nausea but never threw up. I’m doing fine with warm liquids like chicken broth. That doesn’t seem to cause any esophageal spasming I was having in the hospital with cold liquids. So I’m sticking to warmer or room temp liquids. I’ve been up walking a lot and haven’t had much of the problem with the gas. Feeling pretty good but just tired. Hope everyone is doing well!💕

So glad to hear your doing well. I can't handle warm liquids just cold ones.

What kind of shoes did everyone wear to the hospital? I’ve always worn sandals to any surgery because they are easy to get on and off but my surgery is next Friday and we have lots of snow where I am. I want something slip resistant for walking in the hospital. Any suggestions? Thanks! ❤️