Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2021 anyone?

Just had my sleeve done Jan 13th! Boy oh boy has it been a roller coaster since [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I promise it gets better very quickly

Hi SC- girl and KJ6262... I was 5’4”, 204 and my surgery was 12/7/2020. And I’ve lost 27 lbs so far! I’m losing inches like crazy! This is the best thing I’ve done for myself ever!!! I have so much energy I’m never dragging like I use too... I wish you ladies the best and great success!! You’re gonna love you even more!

Just had mine on Thursday (1/14). I have to be honest, the pain was not as bad as I thought it would be (not painless, mind you, just not OMG I’m going to die pain). My gall bladder removal hurt way worse than this. I had lost close to 70 pounds on my own prior to surgery so I don’t know if that helped with the recovery (I was doing a minimum 3 mile a day exercise walk). My advise is get up and start walking as soon as you can after surgery. I was up and walking by maybe 4 pm (got to my room maybe around 11 am). I also really believe the surgical binder has been a big help.

4 hours ago, peachmedly46 said:

Hi SC- girl and KJ6262... I was 5’4”, 204 and my surgery was 12/7/2020. And I’ve lost 27 lbs so far! I’m losing inches like crazy! This is the best thing I’ve done for myself ever!!! I have so much energy I’m never dragging like I use too... I wish you ladies the best and great success!! You’re gonna love you even more!

Hi there ... well done you!! And great to hear how fab you feel! That is a heap to lose in a month!! Good to get motivation at this stage as feeling very anxious. 10 days to go for me and on 4th day of Optifast diet... it’s hard! Wishing you great success with it, I can’t wait to have the energy back too!

20 hours ago, peachmedly46 said:

That’s awesome ! My surgery was 1-4 and I have lost 22 pounds since the pre-op diet. I’m definitely feeling better than I did 22 pounds ago. I’m not loosing fast but it is . We have been given an incredible tool, with the surgery. And I refuse to fail.. Good luck with your weight loss journey. 🤩

One of the things my surgeon recommended and that I use are Celebrate chewables, each has 500mg calcium citrate and 12.5 mcg of Vitamin D3. I purchased mine off of Amazon.

Hi there ... well done you!! And great to hear how fab you feel! That is a heap to lose in a month!! Good to get motivation at this stage as feeling very anxious. 10 days to go for me and on 4th day of Optifast diet... it’s hard! Wishing you great success with it, I can’t wait to have the energy back too!
Believe me, the pre op diet gets easier by the day. Good luck for your surgery. [emoji16]

I was sleeved and had hiatal hernia repair on Thursday, 01/14/21 too, but my procedure did not take place until 6:30pm. It was supposed to be at 4:00 p.m. but my surgeon was running behind. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, granted I was dopped up. I did have gas pain in my left shoulder and back, but as long as I didn't move too much it didn't hurt to bad. It was gone less than two days later. I had had no pain medicines for about an hour and a half when I left the hospital to go home and I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable then. I only took the liquid codiene that I was prescribed once the day I went home and didn't need it again. I also walked soon after getting to my room, which I think greatly helps with the gas pain. I got to my room about 10:00 pm and was walking around midnight. my whole stay at the hospital was less than 24 hours. I was there a total of 21 hours, from 2pm to 11am. This concerned me at first but I've been doing great at home. No pain at all except tender in my incision sites. Still working on getting my liquids in on did 58 oz yesterday. Started full liquids today doing Protein Shake I've finished one so far.

Good luck to everybody that has surgery ahead of them.

Edited by bellaluna701
Forgot to add about HH.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:10 PM, xoxoMeli said:

Yes! I'm tentatively scheduled for January 22, 2021. I'm 5'5" with a starting weight of 240-243 lbs (fluctuates) at 36 y/o. I'm excited and nervous but mostly excited!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is on 1-21! Wish me luck 🙏

You will better real soon. Try to do some walking that does help with the gas and also the gasx helps a lot also.

I had my surgery just last Wednesday the 13th but thank god I have minimal pain. I have gone done 23 lbs since start of my weight loss journey.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

14 hours ago, KelBel3040 said:

My surgery is on 1-21! Wish me luck 🙏

Good luck!

surgery on the 20th (wow only three days ago!! really?)

no issues so far, as reported pain was less than I expected although the cramping was pretty horrible the first 24 hours or so.

biggest and best feeling was the relief. Now I have a fighting chance! No more staring at that 95% diet failure rate and just getting depressed and eating a pizza.