Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date is on September 28th, I wasn’t recommended to do the 2 wks liquid diets just take supplements 2 wks before



Recommended Posts

Who doesn’t have to do the liquid diets before their surgery, I will have to do just Clear Liquids the day before. I’m set for September 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my first gastric bypass I didn’t have to do the liquid diet. I think it depends on the surgeon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of variation in pre-op diets between one surgeon and the next. Some don't require one at all. Some don't require it for patients with lower BMIs. You'll be fine if you do what your surgeon says (and you're lucky -- a 2-week pre-op liquid diet sucks!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some believe that the body should pack on nourishment beforehand because you will lack it initially post op. Its an interesting hypothesis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/17/2020 at 11:16, Jsteelecat said:



With my first gastric bypass I didn’t have to do the liquid diet. I think it depends on the surgeon.


Nice, I was getting ready before hand but when I found out no liquid diet it blew me away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/17/2020 at 11:49, BigSue said:



There's a lot of variation in pre-op diets between one surgeon and the next. Some don't require one at all. Some don't require it for patients with lower BMIs. You'll be fine if you do what your surgeon says (and you're lucky -- a 2-week pre-op liquid diet sucks!).


Thanks cause my leave of absence starts two days prior surgery date. And it would have sucked at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/17/2020 at 13:36, tarotcardreader said:



Some believe that the body should pack on nourishment beforehand because you will lack it initially post op. Its an interesting hypothesis.


Yes! I do believe that two. And it’s conditioning me to get use to these pills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my BMI is on the lower end (41). My surgeon isn't requiring one for me, My date is 10/5. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SpecialK92 said:

my BMI is on the lower end (41). My surgeon isn't requiring one for me, My date is 10/5. Good luck!

congrats your in for an interesting journey 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/17/2020 at 13:46, SpecialK92 said:



my BMI is on the lower end (41). My surgeon isn't requiring one for me, My date is 10/5. Good luck!


Nice, mine is 53. Good luck to you too. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, quinm101 said:

Who doesn’t have to do the liquid diets before their surgery, I will have to do just Clear Liquids the day before. I’m set for September 28

Cool, I just posted about this in another thread. But in this one, I can tell the truth! ;)

My Doc didn't demand a liquid diet before surgery, just no food or drink after 6:00pm the night before.

If you don't eat the day before, your stomach and upper intestines will be clear and able to be rearranged.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Tek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/17/2020 at 14:35, The Greater Fool said:






Cool, I just posted about this in another thread. But in this one, I can tell the truth! ;)




My Doc didn't demand a liquid diet before surgery, just no food or drink after 6:00pm the night before.




If you don't eat the day before, your stomach and upper intestines will be clear and able to be rearranged.




Good luck and enjoy the ride.




Tek


I have do clear liquid just a day prior, I’m so excited! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, quinm101 said:

Who doesn’t have to do the liquid diets before their surgery, I will have to do just Clear Liquids the day before. I’m set for September 28

Oh wow that is awesome that you are not required to do a liquid diet prior to surgery.

I wish you all the best in your surgery. Look forward to chat with you during your journey with us.

Missy Cee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×