Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 10/26/2020 at 09:06, SabanFan said:






Support is the best thing you can do. Take things slow. I had mine on 10/19 and am a week end. It will take a little while for the good habits to take root. Do what you can to support them whether eating healthy with her, cooking recommended food, removing the bad stuff from the panty (if it didn’t happen pre-op) and just being there. This is a positive step to a healthy and life sustaining path so reinforce that you appreciate her sacrifice. I would encourage empathy but not sympathy. Empathy is understanding she is in pain while sympathy is doing stuff for her because of the pain. Movement helps so make sure she is up and moving And doing things for herself. In a couple weeks, consider joining her on walks. Please reach out if you have any specific questions and she is lucky to have you.


Thanks so much for responding, so far I have her on a good food and exercise schedule. She was feeling very Wel today but that’s because she wasn’t consistent with her Protein Shakes last night and this morning and I’m thinking was getting dehydrated. I was able to get her feeling better with Gatorade and with her Protein shakes😍 I definitely feel and empathize with her pain, but I also need her to understand how important it is to keep up with the diet she was given if not it can be deadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2020 at 11:52, Lilfootie said:






Sounds like you’re doing great!!! Good luck on going back to work! I’m worried about that too, but not starting until Election Day. 😬 I am one week today too. I am moving well, and my abs have felt good, but I have a lot of pressure still in my upper abdomen and some burning type pains between incision sites. Today is a bad pain day, but I went 3 days without any Tylenol, so it’s just ups and downs. Still can’t stomach whey Protein, and until the dietician messages me back, the doctor won’t ok something else, so I am doing my best with milk and such to get the Protein in. I have eaten cream of chicken Soup, Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, and watered down cream of wheat. Today I sipped on a skim Decaf latte from Starbucks which felt so good, because it is normal! My swelling is going down. It took until Saturday to be back to pre-op weight, although I did get the extra day of fluids with the 2-day hospital stay. Biggest drama now are some mild, but weird side effects that I am working on with the doctor: lovonox injection site that keeps bleeding, red dotted rash on belly, hands getting hot/red/fiercely itchy in hot Water and going away once dry, tons of bruising near my lower abdomen incisions. Does anyone else have major bruising?


I am 11 days post op and I had bruising as well it’s all gone now. About the red around the injection, I did a lot of fertility treatments and one thing I learn is let the alcohol completely dry. Do not rub with the cotton that has the alcohol. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How’s everyone doing...today I’m 12 days post op. I think I relaxed a little too much yesterday and didn’t bother to write down the intake of Water and I might’ve not drinking enough. Paying the consequences was nauseous and my heart rate went up a little bit having a Pedialyte popsicle in hopes that this will make it better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yray said:

How’s everyone doing...today I’m 12 days post op. I think I relaxed a little too much yesterday and didn’t bother to write down the intake of Water and I might’ve not drinking enough. Paying the consequences was nauseous and my heart rate went up a little bit having a Pedialyte popsicle in hopes that this will make it better!

Same here. I have been lazy on tracking and I think I have been over estimating the amount of fluids I am drinking a day. Working on that today.

I was sleeved on the 14th, I can try puree tomorrow. Not sure how that's going to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10/27/2020 10:10 AM, chrispat123 said:






Same here. I have been lazy on tracking and I think I have been over estimating the amount of fluids I am drinking a day. Working on that today.




I was sleeved on the 14th, I can try puree tomorrow. Not sure how that's going to go.


Almost surgery buddies I was on the 15th. I took a zofran im terrified to throw up! They told me writing it down is a must!


What are you planning on having as your first purée?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had surgery Oct 12. So we are close. I had the gastric sleeve. How are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had surgery the 16th we are all so close!! I have a indent in my skin from the big excision where they took out the stomach kinda gross looking lol but Iv read that it goes away. I did have bruising as well. Overall doing so much better. Can’t wait for Friday for soft food. I am only down to two Protein Shakes flavors I can tolerate out of 6 smh lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I'm new to the forum but found it while searching online. I had gastric bypass on October 6th and so far, I'm doing great! Post op weight was 311 and today marks my 3 week anniversary and I'm down to 286.4. my 2 week visit post op appt went well and my Dr gave me a fist bump which is definitely not his style. 😁 I saw some people talking about their incisions but they heal quickly. I am having a lot of gas pain though. I feel like I take chewy tums like every other day. I don't think I'm eating enough and then I have dinner and I'm like whoa! pain alert! Def a process but I'm sure it will get better! Congrats to everyone who started the journey in October!

Edited by Erin2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had my surgery 10/13. my gas pain is gone now thank God. i'm on puree foods and my favorite thing to eat is refried Beans. Next monday I move to the next phase where I can have moist meats, cheese, Tomato sauce and well cooked veggies.the ounces i can eat vary depending on the texture. for example.. i can drink a Protein Shake easily. but refried beans i only can tolerate 2 oz.

i've been listening to my cues and i usually hiccup when i'm full. i put my fork down every bite. i've been using those baby spoons to eat and it works so well tricking my mind into thinking i'm taking more food in.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTL-9I7EHJllnx0aLR17BvHR6MtE7oR9S_k4jyQGvAsmw8VYiMW56xKlCKfLObhtDKAp-bj0vI&usqp=CAc

a puree meal i enjoy is ricotta/cottage cheese bake. i mix some egg beater in there and 1tb of the cheese packet from mac and cheese box. season with pepper salt garlic poweder and onion. bake in the oven and it taste like a "mac and cheese" flavor. one serving is 17 grams of Protein

Edited by Glowup Jess
add recipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 14th here!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Erin2020 said:

Hello! I'm new to the forum but found it while searching online. I had gastric bypass on October 6th and so far, I'm doing great! Post op weight was 311 and today marks my 3 week anniversary and I'm down to 286.4. my 2 week visit post op appt went well and my Dr gave me a fist bump which is definitely not his style. 😁 I saw some people talking about their incisions but they heal quickly. I am having a lot of gas pain though. I feel like I take chewy tums like every other day. I don't think I'm eating enough and then I have dinner and I'm like whoa! pain alert! Def a process but I'm sure it will get better! Congrats to everyone who started the journey in October!

Thanks for sharing and great to hear things are progressing so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm joining those of you who are being sleeved on Wed, October 28th - just days from now ! I'm not nervous ... yet, but I'm sure it's coming! I've been just consuming as much information as possible to ensure that I'm ready for what's about to happen. Ready to move into the healthier me stage :)!!
Me too


Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2020 at 10:52 AM, Lilfootie said:

Sounds like you’re doing great!!! Good luck on going back to work! I’m worried about that too, but not starting until Election Day. 😬 I am one week today too. I am moving well, and my abs have felt good, but I have a lot of pressure still in my upper abdomen and some burning type pains between incision sites. Today is a bad pain day, but I went 3 days without any Tylenol, so it’s just ups and downs. Still can’t stomach whey Protein, and until the dietician messages me back, the doctor won’t ok something else, so I am doing my best with milk and such to get the Protein in. I have eaten cream of chicken Soup, Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, and watered down cream of wheat. Today I sipped on a skim Decaf latte from Starbucks which felt so good, because it is normal! My swelling is going down. It took until Saturday to be back to pre-op weight, although I did get the extra day of fluids with the 2-day hospital stay. Biggest drama now are some mild, but weird side effects that I am working on with the doctor: lovonox injection site that keeps bleeding, red dotted rash on belly, hands getting hot/red/fiercely itchy in hot Water and going away once dry, tons of bruising near my lower abdomen incisions. Does anyone else have major bruising?

I have discovered Fairlife Protein Drinks that are lactose free and are a life saver for me. I prefer the vanilla but the chocolate and strawberry ones are good too. I had gastric bypass with hernia repair that was done robotically and I still have some pretty big bruises but it doesn’t hurt. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glowup Jess said:

i had my surgery 10/13. my gas pain is gone now thank God. i'm on puree foods and my favorite thing to eat is refried Beans. Next monday I move to the next phase where I can have moist meats, cheese, Tomato sauce and well cooked veggies.the ounces i can eat vary depending on the texture. for example.. i can drink a Protein Shake easily. but refried Beans i only can tolerate 2 oz.

i've been listening to my cues and i usually hiccup when i'm full. i put my fork down every bite. i've been using those baby spoons to eat and it works so well tricking my mind into thinking i'm taking more food in.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTL-9I7EHJllnx0aLR17BvHR6MtE7oR9S_k4jyQGvAsmw8VYiMW56xKlCKfLObhtDKAp-bj0vI&usqp=CAc

a puree meal i enjoy is ricotta/cottage cheese bake. i mix some egg beater in there and 1tb of the cheese packet from mac and cheese box. season with pepper salt garlic poweder and onion. bake in the oven and it taste like a "mac and cheese" flavor. one serving is 17 grams of Protein

That sounds yummy. I am going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×