Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, 5 weeks post RNY and the scale hasn't moved since week 3. Getting really disappointed!

Weirdly enough I still also feel hunger (I think?) sometimes I know it's head hunger, but other times I really know I have to eat.

I'm managing around 4-5 tablespoons of food, which feels like far too much, is it? I also rarely feel full. I don't get any full signs like nose runs or hiccups, so I never really know if I'm satisfied or not.

My surgeon told me he gave me a lot of restriction but I can't feel it. I can even drink big mouthfuls of Water no problem. So worried I've done something wrong and messed up already :(

Sent from my SM-G973F using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, thebariatricbat said:

Sorry new to the forum and haven't seen all of those posts. I'm just so nervous of everything right now, I don't wanna mess anything up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using BariatricPal mobile app

You will probably hear this over and over.... but are you tracking your food? Portioning out? Of course, not eating with meals and waiting the 30 min after the last bite?

Did you do your before and after pictures and measurements? Sometime the scale won't move but your clothes fit better. Pictures are important... we don't always see what we really look like.

I always found planning and portioning is the best way to go. I pre plan what i'm going to have the next day and have it ready to go. I do still work outside the home M-F. Even if its a new restaurant, i google the online menu and read every item and decide what i will have. I always have a back up in case they are out. I also ask for a go box with the meal. Before i take one bite i portion my food and box everything else up. Hand the box to my husband and he knows not to give it back..... This will also stop the wait staff from asking if your meal is ok...When they see you barely touch your meal....They will keep asking.

You will probably hear this over and over.... but are you tracking your food? Portioning out? Of course, not eating with meals and waiting the 30 min after the last bite?
Did you do your before and after pictures and measurements? Sometime the scale won't move but your clothes fit better. Pictures are important... we don't always see what we really look like.
I always found planning and portioning is the best way to go. I pre plan what i'm going to have the next day and have it ready to go. I do still work outside the home M-F. Even if its a new restaurant, i google the online menu and read every item and decide what i will have. I always have a back up in case they are out. I also ask for a go box with the meal. Before i take one bite i portion my food and box everything else up. Hand the box to my husband and he knows not to give it back..... This will also stop the wait staff from asking if your meal is ok...When they see you barely touch your meal....They will keep asking.
Hey, yes I am certainly following the rules :)

I have my pictures but I regetedly forgot measurements. Oops!

Thanks for the tips on the Restaurants and meal prep :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, thebariatricbat said:

Hey, yes I am certainly following the rules :)

I have my pictures but I regetedly forgot measurements. Oops!

Thanks for the tips on the Restaurants and meal prep :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Great job.... i also used Baritastic to monitor my weight...... myfitnesspal for food

it's ok... Take them now. I didn't do it when i first had the band. Never too late.

it's that first staff for sure. Almost all of us have our first major stall within the first month or so of surgery (usually the third week, but not always). Mine was weeks 2 & 3. Just stick to your plan and stay off the scale if you have to. Your weight loss WILL start up again.

Can you talk to your dietician to see if she/he has any ideas for you? Maybe they have worked with many others with the same issues, concerns...? Hang in there.

26 minutes ago, Julie1292 said:

Can you talk to your dietician to see if she/he has any ideas for you? Maybe they have worked with many others with the same issues, concerns...? Hang in there.

it's just the three-week stall. Almost all of us go through it. It's not ALWAYS the third week, but sometime within the first 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Girl!!!! When I mean to tell you I went thru the exact same thing!! I’m currently 5 weeks Post op, and scale didn’t move since beginning of WEEK 3. Luckily within the last couple days, the scale has started moving again....whew! I told my Surgeon I broke my RNY & he laughed,lol. Just be patient & kind to yourself. You’ll reach your goal.

Also....DONT drink while you eat. I admittedly was taking a small sip or 2 to wet my palette while eating....best way to gain weight. Good luck!

Some stalls last a week others will persist for two or more weeks. Yes, I said stalls cause this won’t be your only one. Sorry. I liked to think of them as my body taking a breath - taking time to catch up with the changes (diet, exercise, weight loss, etc.).

Some people suggest increasing or decreasing your food intake or doing more or different exercise to encourage the weight loss to start again. I took the stick to my path method & the weight did start to drop again.

Sometimes it’s not about the number on the scales but about physical changes like your measurements & how you’re feeling in yourself.

You’ll get through this fine.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:00 AM, MsMocie said:

3week stall. Around 15 000,- posts about this, 2-3 daily. it will pass.

I'm not trying to be a butthead, but these types of responses are so discouraging. I also posted about a 3 week stall and got a similar response and it sucked to hear that. I don't have a huge support system and this forum is the best that I have for now. Please be mindful of what you're posting to new people/people who just had surgery.

38 minutes ago, chunkarella said:

I'm not trying to be a butthead, but these types of responses are so discouraging. I also posted about a 3 week stall and got a similar response and it sucked to hear that. I don't have a huge support system and this forum is the best that I have for now. Please be mindful of what you're posting to new people/people who just had surgery.

I wouldn't take offense. She was just being upfront - there's no negative intention here at all. I'm not sure how one would sugar coat this to make it sound nicer. We DO see this question all the time. I really think the bariatric clinics need to do a better job about telling people about this early stall because it happens to almost everyone, and people really freak out about it when it happens to them if they don't know what's going on.

10 hours ago, chunkarella said:

I can understand why one might interpret that response as unhelpful (like, "Ugh, THIS question again, go away!"), but I'm almost positive the intent is to reassure people that this is a very normal part of the WLS experience, and it happens to almost all WLS patients before they go on to lose lots and lots of weight. The fact that it is so incredibly common is probably the best way to reassure people that they aren't doing anything wrong and their surgery hasn't failed.

I've been hanging out here long enough that I knew to expect it, but if it hadn't been for this forum, I never would have known it was normal. My surgeon certainly didn't warn me to expect a stall within the first month.