Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for September 2020?

My surgery was on 9/21. Starting weight was 284, lost 38 before surgery, now 204, so 80 lbs down. I haven't been this light for over 20 years.

I have been working on the last 10 for two months, but it is slowly coming off. I do a lot of walking/jogging (average about 11,000 steps a day) and I try to break it up into one long one each day, with 5 more short ones spread over the rest of the day. I haven't done any weight lifting, but I know I need to. I eat mostly what I want, and focus on high protein/low carbs, but much lower portion sizes than I used to. I need to work on snacking, which I do too much of.

My life has changed with my new size- I learned how to ride a motorcycle and got my license. Also, I joined my local volunteer fire department and am going through some training. I also can do so many things with ease now that used to be very difficult.

Edited by billho

I had surgery on 9/28 and am 61 lbs down since surgery day! I've been in a bit of a stall these past 3 weeks (only losing 2 lbs) ... I think my body is just now catching up with everything and trying to figure things out! I cannot eat chicken, turkey, lunch meat, or salmon without immediately puking (I'm working with my nutritionist to try and figure out what's going on there). Red meat, scallops, and white fish are about the only significant Protein sources I'm keeping down on a regular basis. I'm hoping I can break this stall sooner or later - it was SO AWESOME to be on a roll with losing weight for so long! I was averaging 600-800 calories a day ... but tis week I've been HUNGRY and getting in more like 1000-1100 (high protien/low carbs). I'm averaging 10k steps a day and doing a 30 min spin class once a day ... so the activity is there. I just need to continue trusting the process! Never in a million years did I think I'd be 61 lbs down in 3.5 months! Feelin good!

my rny surgery was 9/25 - starting weight was 311 - down to 248 today. 63 lbs gone ! i’m in a bit of a stall right now but think it could be my body adjusting to working out. has any one else faced stalls?

Revision from sleeve to bypass due to severe GERD and lack of weight loss was 9/19. I'm down almost 74 from the start of the process and almost 50 from the date of the revision. Still having trouble with a bunch of foods, but I otherwise feel great! No GERD since revision to bypass, which is totally wild to me considering I had horrible GERD from the moment I woke up from sleeve surgery.

I had my VSG on 9/10. My high weight was 451 and my weight the day of surgery was 308. I am down to 239 as of today for a total of 211 lbs lost and 69 lbs since surgery. I am fighting to lose every single lb at this point but figure that my body is just playing catch up with itself.

Keep on working through the stalls! This is my 3rd stall since surgery.

I have put in my before and after so far.

20181229_144015.jpg

PXL_20210106_231956678.MP~2.jpg

Had surgery 9/23, surgery weight was 272 and now im down to 230 - but my weight has stalled for at least a month now. I'm starting to notice Hair loss but I'm trying to to not worry as much about it... at least winter is for hats ? 😅

I finally started at the gym so I'm hoping it'll get my weight loss going again. While I'm happy beyond belief having lost over 40lbs since surgery, I still have a long way to go.

Edited by Rachel98

My surgery(sleeve) was 09/30, HW 443, SW 380, CW 303, started losing hair like crazy a couple of weeks ago even taken 10k mcg of Biotin daily. My back pain has gotten worse and feel like I have less energy than before. Oh but I do make sure to do my squats, sitting on a pillow doesn’t help much. Haha.

226 now down to 160. I'm losing hair by the handful and had to chop off 4 inches yesterday due to it p
Looking so thin! I'm taking Biotin daily but dr said low B12 and Iron can cause Hair loss too so I've upped that too.

I haven't been to the gym yet as it's been closed and my surgeon recommended waiting until 6m after surgery to start working out. Since I'm 5pds away from his goal weight for me he's advised against cardio now and to only do strengthening exercises but still wait until 6 month's post surgery.

Sent from my SM-G973W using BariatricPal mobile app