Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 years post op and have huge REGRET!

I’m not talking about complications with surgery. I’m talking about Vitamin malabsorption and other issues. With RnY you are completely moving everything around and rerouting. Everybody I spoke to about before I made my decision has had issues plus it does have a higher rate of failing as well. I had been looking at this as an option for about 15 yrs. I spoke to people who had different surgeries. Not every case is the same. To me the the sleeve had the least amount of risk and changes to your system as you are only removing part of the stomach. People also need to understand that what may be good for one is not good for all.
I totally agree, I researched tremendously and saw vsg to be better suit for me due to certain complications rny has

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, ebbii0927 said:

If you had GERD before surgery, you should have not been recommended for sleeve. GERD is a disqualifying element for sleeve from my doctor. It sounds like your doctor may have not chosen the best procedure for your needs

Eddy Blaine Brown II

Hi,

I didn't have GERD until after the VSG. It has been very severe until this new "fix" of the hiatal hernia.

Hi,
I didn't have GERD until after the VSG. It has been very severe until this new "fix" of the hiatal hernia.
My bad. I misunderstood the timing of the onset of GERD

Eddy Blaine Brown II

Hi, Yes, my surgery was a waste of time, has left me in worse shape, and it has been 5 years and 4 months. I come on here every few years, but you won’t find anyone who understands. This is a site for the cheerleaders of the surgery. I came today to see if anyone knew of a site for support for failed surgeries or food addiction. NOT OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS. My overeating is still 1000 calories a day, but the surgery destroyed my body.

I am sorry for your experiences. I never lost my hunger pains either. But I consider my weight loss to be a success. I am no longer morbidly obese - am on the border of overweight and obese - with my doctor telling me that at 64 years old it is considered overweight, and frankly, I will take that. Not all surgeries that we have for anything are 100% curative. My sleeve did not "cure" my obesity. It was a tool that helped me lose weight and get a handle on overeating. My surgery was not a "cure" and I still do battle with eating too much or the wrong things on occasion; but I am 140 pounds lighter than when I started. THAT is MY VICTORY.

Perhaps consulting with a teaching hospital might be of help.

8 minutes ago, PerezL84 said:

Hi new&improved..how much weight have you lost...what was your starting weight and current?

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Started at 322lbs.

Lowest weight 163lbs but sit around 165 most days :)

I'm 9.5 months post op but 11 months post beginning of preop and been in maintenance now 3 months.

On 08/02/2020 at 02:52, GingerStylz said:

I had heard horror stories about RnY surgery. Regarding issues further down the road like Vitamin issues. One of major reasons I chose Sleeve. I hope you get everything fixed! Thoughts and prayers that you can start eating and drinking like normal.

when I had sleeve, my doctor removed my gall bladder as I had stones and also did hiatal hernia repair then.

Did you miss where she said this started with the sleeve? If she’s had that and is now looking at other options to try to help I don’t see how this is helpful? Maybe I’m missing something here.

On 08/12/2020 at 11:45, lynneanne said:

Hi, Yes, my surgery was a waste of time, has left me in worse shape, and it has been 5 years and 4 months. I come on here every few years, but you won’t find anyone who understands. This is a site for the cheerleaders of the surgery. I came today to see if anyone knew of a site for support for failed surgeries or food addiction. NOT OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS. My overeating is still 1000 calories a day, but the surgery destroyed my body.

The Cleveland Clinic has a program for this. They shared the guide with me in advance- I can share that with you if you DM me your email.

Why was your pancreas removed? The pancreas does so many things. Helps to release enzymes like lipase to break down and absorb food. It also controls our sugar , insulin, glucagon release. What are they doing for that?? I would be more concerned about that

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, but from what I've read your experience is very rare.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:41 AM, New&Improved said:

No issue at all here with RNY but only 9 months out

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:41 AM, New&Improved said:
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:20 PM, New&Improved said:

I personally chose the RNY as my first and only surgery and it has worked flawlessly for me

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 1:15 AM, New&Improved said:

Very unlucky sorry to see what you went through

RNY worked amazing for me

@New&Improved You are the most selfish inconsiderate arrogant person ive seen in a long time on this forum.. You need to learn to have compassion for others who may not have had easy success you seem to use others pain as an opportunity to not encourage or support them (which is what this forum is) but as an chance to brag on your choice of surgery and success well let me tell you missy you not even a year out yet so just hold on with the bragging ,not wishing any negative on you by any means just letting you know things could change on a dime and karma is a _____

you fill it in ……………………...

2 minutes ago, Bari_KS said:

He is banned from this forum. If you use BP forum application, click on his name, it says " banned".

thank God!

1 hour ago, Bari_KS said:

He is banned from this forum. If you use BP forum application, click on his name, it says " banned".

I was just noticing this morning the complete and total silence from him yesterday and how pleasant it was. This just made my friggin' day!

I was just noticing this morning the complete and total silence from him yesterday and how pleasant it was. This just made my friggin' day!
Bari_ks said he got banned?