Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone one had same issues I have

Trying to do stage 3 is just as painful. I'm only able to take in one bottle of Water a day. I try to do more but it's just so painful. I'm doing about 1 to maybe 2 ounces an hour. I feel like I can't do anymore then the 2 ounces. I have absolutely no energy to even brush my hair. I force myself to walk around my house and to take a night time walk. Every time I stand from a sitting position I feel extremely dizzy and I am going to pass out. I'm sure this may seem all normal and I just need more time, and I know this is new to my body, but i just don't feel right. I don't think my stomach can hold the 4 ounces that I need. I sleep most of the morning to just get thru the pain. I haven't had flushing before. It just started yesterday and it took forever for my color to go back to normal. My face is flushed today but not bad, but I can feel it getting
hotter. I'm sorry if I'm a pain, I'm just worried something is wrong. Who else has had these symptoms? I had my surgery on July 15, 2020 and am miserable and have no one to talk to about this. I feel like drs don’t understand.

Since you are only a few weeks out be patient and a lot of your troubles should subside. I struggled with fluids at first but it WILL get easier--your stomach is probably still swollen from your procedure. Is your flushing from a fever or is it more like hot flashes? If it's a fever you need to let your surgeon know but if it's like menopause hot flashes that's normal...surgery will upset your hormones something awful at first. Hang in there, give it a couple of weeks more and things should be easier. If not PLEASE contact your doctor. Good luck!

Dehydration can make you feel weak and dizzy. I'm sure you will feel better after your IV. Sipping will get easier over time. Keep us posted!

that dizzy feeling when you go from sitting to standing is pretty common (although it eventually goes away for most of us). It has to do with lower blood pressure. About all you can do about that piece is transition slowly. Lack of energy the first few weeks is also common. Not sure about the flushing.

23 hours ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

So I had to go back into the hospital for iv and a Vitamin bag. I don’t feel as drained but I still can’t eat (we’ll drink) more then 2 ounces. It wants to come right back up.

Hey!

are you drinking slowly? I had my surgery 7/15, I'm currently on soft foods and things are going well. But whenever I eat or drink too quickly i instantly feel like I'm going to throw up and i get super hot. I hope things get better!

I have been doing everything slowly. I’ve been eating baby food and can only have about an ounce two at the most. I’m just miserable. Plus I haven’t lost any weight in a week. I knew it would slow down but not after 2 weeks of surgery

4 minutes ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

I have been doing everything slowly. I’ve been eating baby food and can only have about an ounce two at the most. I’m just miserable. Plus I haven’t lost any weight in a week. I knew it would slow down but not after 2 weeks of surgery

I hate that you're having troubles! But my doctor said I would only be eating 1/4-3/4 cup during week 2...1/4 is 2oz so you're close. If you don't mind me asking, how long does it take you to eat? and Are you waiting the 30 minutes before/after eating before drinking? We're all here for you!!!

2 hours ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

it's the three-week stall - you're just having it early. Pretty much everyone goes through that. Mine was weeks 2 and 3. My weight loss started up again during week four, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days. Just stick to your program and it'll break - stay off the scale if you have to.

if you search this state for "three-week stall', you'll find 17,501 postings on it (and no...I'm NOT kidding). Happens to almost everyone.

Yes I’ve read that. My nurse just said the same this via phone conference. She’s wants me to up my calories to 600-800 a day. My body is storing what food I am eating that’s why I’m not losing. She said my body is just slower at recovering then most. Go figure lol

Have you tried fluids at different temperatures? Early on I was more successful drinking warm liquids vs cold.

I'm able to throw back liquids like nobodies business without feeling sick but food is a different story. I'm able to eat up to 4oz of food and if I go anywhere past that I feel awful. Nothing feels worse than feeling like your about to throw up for an 1hr and a half.

Have you moved on from the baby food yet? I would think it would be lacking sufficient Protein. How are you going with Protein Shakes? Have you tried protein Water?