Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't miss about being fat!

A fun thread! No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, what are some of the things you WON'T miss about being fat?

I won't miss:

Wearing black stretch pants every day b/c they were the only thing that fit.

Avoiding social situations (high school reunions, etc!) where I might run into people that didn't know I was fat.

Chub Rub! (even though it's my BP name!)

Hiding from cameras, and worrying about others posting pics of me on FB.

Worrying if I would fit in the airplane seat.

Crying in the shower.

Going to back to school night and watching all the skinny moms sitting at their kids desks and looking perfectly comfortable, while I tried to squeeze one butt cheek on the chair.

I'm sure I will think of some more, but here is my starter list for now!!!

9 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

A fun thread! No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, what are some of the things you WON'T miss about being fat?

I won't miss:

Avoiding social situations (high school reunions, etc!) where I might run into people that didn't know I was fat.

Chub Rub! (even though it's my BP name!)

Hiding from cameras, and worrying about others posting pics of me on FB.

Worrying if I would fit in the airplane seat.

Crying in the shower.

Going to back to school night and watching all the skinny moms sitting at their kids desks and looking perfectly comfortable, while I tried to squeeze one butt cheek on the chair.

I'm sure I will think of some more, but here is my starter list for now!!!

My big butt knocking down things as I walk by.

i can sit in a booth!

I can shop in normal stores.

AND I DONT MISS SWEATING WITH EVERYTHING I DO!!!!

being able to fit on a roller coaster seat with my kids

More energy

Fitting into cute clothes and shopping at regular online stores, not having to worry if they carry plus size clothes

Sweating (I’m perfectly climate-controlled now).

Hiding from cameras (I loooove getting my pic taken, like ALL. THE. TIME.)

Snoring (I dont notice this, but Mr. is quite happy)

Packing a sh*t-ton of clothes whenever I leave the house for vacation or a day trip (Now, everything I need fits in my purse)

Being tired/winded at the tiniest exertion (I’ve got energy for DAYS)

Feeling shy/uncomfortable/self-conscious (i have so much confidence now its quite disgusting)

I won’t miss “losing” the remote and then finding it under me when I stand up.

1 hour ago, perfektlynrml said:

I won’t miss “losing” the remote and then finding it under me when I stand up.

Lol, that still happens to me now!

I won't miss sharing clothes with my 2x husband.

I won't miss shopping in the plus size section.

I won't miss huffing and puffing every time I go up a flight of stairs!

I won't miss being shy and not giving people eye contact because I'm not confident.

I won't missing always trying to find a place to sit midway through shopping.

I won't miss weighing more than my husband through most of our marriage.

I won't miss trying to find those Wide shoes.

Worrying about my bra breaking while I'm away and if I will be able to find my size and a regular department store

Edited by GreenTealael

I won't miss needing to turn the lights off in the bedroom because I am so disgustingly fat, or strategically trying to hide my rolls in bed with sheets or pillows; or having to drink 3/4 of bottle of wine to feel comfortable about my body in bed, and then waking up sick & hungover the next day.

I won't miss having to buy new clothes every few weeks or months because none of my clothes fit again.

I won't miss having multiple size wardrobes depending for what stage of fat I am. I look forward to wearing one size for the rest of my life,

I won't miss having to wear two underwire bras at all times, because my breasts are so enormous and heavy.

I won't miss the backaches, neckaches and shoulderaches that go with enormous, fat breasts.

I won't miss not being able to wear cute, attractive clothes, and having to wear tents when I am in public.

I won't miss pretending to be sick and not going to events or parties, because I am afraid that people will see how fat I got. I will not miss the disapproving looks of my husband's family when they see my weight gain, when we fly home to see them.

I won't miss people saying that they did not recognize me (because I got so fat again - my weight fluctuates by around 100+ pounds)

I won't miss the acid reflux that was part of being fat (and hope that my sleeve does not cause it to return!)

I won't miss peeing every time I laugh/sneeze/cough. Stress incontinence is 1,000% worse for me when I am obese.

I won't miss developing herniated discs & sciatica because of the pressure of the weight on my back (I had disc surgery right before my sleeve, and hope that the weight loss helps me not reherniate)

I won't miss being exhausted all the time, and not having the energy to work out, or not being able to physically handle working out. I won't miss not being able to do active, fun things like hike, mountain bike, swim, snorkle and ski.

I won't miss getting winded after two or three stairs and having to catch my breath.

I won't miss ducking out of photos, because I don't want there to be a record of how fat I am.

I won't miss seeing my HA1C going up every time I get blood work, along with lipids, etc, and knowing I am developing diabetes and heart disease.

I won't miss my joints hurting when I walk, and waddling down the road as my thighs painfully rub together.

I know there are more thing's I won't miss about being fat, but can't think of them now! :)

11 hours ago, perfektlynrml said:

Also me...ughh I won't miss this. I live in black stretchy pants.

10 hours ago, JAKE H said:

AND I DONT MISS SWEATING WITH EVERYTHING I DO!!!!

also me too....ughh I won't miss being winded and constantly sweating.

I wont miss saying I don't like amusement park because I can't fit on most of the rides.

I wont's miss people saying, you cute for a big girl...

I won't miss my feet swelling.

I won't miss not fitting in a booth.

I won't miss not wearing all my cute shoes because they hurt my knees to walk in them.

I wont miss being out of breath while climbing a flight of stairs.

I don’t miss my sweaty thighs rubbing together or breathing heavily walking up a flight of stairs. And I certainly don’t miss having to wear flat or low heels because my feet ached & burned - bring on the 4inch heels again.