Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

July 21st , I will be getting a revision to RNY . How different is life after VSG to life after RNY ... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Mostly the same for me

Did you have success after revision? From my understanding, having the revision is not as effective as the first surgery that was done. Did you experience this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CandyMel said:

July 21st , I will be getting a revision to RNY . How different is life after VSG to life after RNY ... ?

If you are doing this for weight loss it will be harder as far as I am concerned. You also may not have the same kind of restriction that you are use to with the sleeve. I will be 2 months out revision to bypass due to GERD on the 22nd. I lost 12lbs the first month and have not lost anymore weight. I can eat more then I could with the sleeve and have no issues with food other then dumping but I stay away from those things since I know what they are. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I , too, am doing it because of GERD , I didn’t have much regain , I was just wondering if it would be extremely different post op or similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CandyMel said:

I , too, am doing it because of GERD , I didn’t have much regain , I was just wondering if it would be extremely different post op or similar

It has been very different for me. I didnt feel any restriction after the revision. It was also more painful for me but I had a hiatal hernia repair also. I was given yogurt and strained Soup in the hospital the same day as surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having revision on Thursday, really nervous but excited. Any tips or suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be surprised if you can swallow liquids very easily. Like other people have mentioned, restriction is different with a bypass. I had none with liquids, very little with pureed food. Now that I'm eating soft meats I can feel it. Good luck, I am rooting for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having my revision on 8/3 from sleeve to bypass due to hernia. Can I loose weight my doctor says it as fast as the first one but wondering how much on the average. Also, are there any major differences in the recovery? I was pain free in the first one and walking the first day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had my revision. I am having a little pain, also I am constantly walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2020 at 1:44 AM, carlacv said:

Having my revision on 8/3 from sleeve to bypass due to hernia. Can I loose weight my doctor says it as fast as the first one but wondering how much on the average. Also, are there any major differences in the recovery? I was pain free in the first one and walking the first day

I had awful pain but was also walking first day.

There are people that lose weight with 2nd surgery but I hear it is harder. I lost 12lbs first month and 2 lbs this 2nd month but all that did was put me back where I was last summer. I really dont think I will lose anymore but we will see. My revision was 5/22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/25/2020 at 05:22, Tracyringo said:






I had awful pain but was also walking first day.




There are people that lose weight with 2nd surgery but I hear it is harder. I lost 12lbs first month and 2 lbs this 2nd month but all that did was put me back where I was last summer. I really dont think I will lose anymore but we will see. My revision was 5/22.


Thank u tracyringo! I walk and run ALOt right now and will restart slow of course after surgery. When I had the sleeve I was walking the same day I j ow it’s different with bypass but I’m hoping my recovery and oreo fresa would be similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×