Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, maybe I wrote that message incorrectly.

I got my second fill yesterday. I had 3 ccs, she added just over 2 ccs, bringing me to just over 5 ccs.

I'm on liquids today and everything that I drink gurgles going down. I feel VERY tight. I have not brought anything back up, but I feel like I want to.

Should I get an unfill?

Take it slow. If you are unable to eat then you would be too tight.

Trust me being too tight is not good. I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving, I got a fill on Wednesday the day before, thought I was tight, but then I got swollen. After that, I was unable to even swallow my own saliva. By Thursday I got really sick, then Thursday night ended up in the ER.

To make a long story short, they had to admit me in the hospital because I was severely dehydrated (after only 1 day), the next day my Doc had to come up to the hospital and take some of my fill out. He had to take a lot of it out because I was really irritated & swollen.

It took me MONTHS to get to a good restriciton level and I was at a good restriciton level before my last fill. I pushed it and then it backfired on me. Now I feel like I'm back to square one because I don't have much restriciton now. I can't get another fill until January.

So, take it from me, being too tight is not good. But if you can eat 2 oz of food without PBing, then you are not too tight. If you can't eat solid food and have to resort to mushies, then you are too tight. Thats kinda a guideline.

Best wishes.

I'm supposed to stay on liquids today, and then mushies for 2 days and then back onto solids. Hopefully things ease up a little bit today so I won't have such a hard time tomorrow.

I always think that I am too tight when the Water gurgles down and it freaks me out. Each time I think I have been swollen and a few days later I loosen up. I think as long as you can drink liquids you are ok for now just don't push it with solids until the swelling goes down.

I guess I'll just keep drinking my slim fasts until I feel I am open enough to start on food. I survived on slim fasts for my 2 week pre-op, a few days here and there won't kill me.

I knew I was too tight when liquids couldn't go down. I got a fill and then liquids came right back up anytime I tried to drink.

Ok. I'm able to get liquids down and keep them down, so I know I'm not too tight. I guess it's just a wierd feeling for me to have restriction.

Hmmm.....

when you "can't take it anymore".

I'm restricted and so well that I slime everyday, wake up choking, had something stuck in my esophogas and had to go under for a retrieval, etc.

And I just now got to the point where I said I can't take it anymore.

But, I'm crossing the finish line so have made a commitment to myself to go 1 more month and have the band adjusted to let fill out so I can begin maintenance.

So, if you don't like to slime, and you don't want to slime...but you do...then it's too tight.

If you don't want the restriction you have...you are too tight.

I just had my first fill 1.4 cc's on 11-16. I have been doing well until two days ago. I am sliming and PBing at each meal with solid food. I was told it may take a while to kick in. I am really trying to chew, chew and chew some more. I really hate sliming. It is so Gross!!! Did anybody else's fill take two weeks to work?

Cleone

Ihave just had my 3rd fill. I too am having a hard time with keeping food down. It seems as though my band is 'loser' in the evening and tighter in the morning. I also have days where I can eat one thing and the next day I can't. Is this something to be concerned about, or has anyone else had this same issue?

duvy...the same thing happens to me! some days i can eat a whole chicken breast & veggies and other days i can't even drink my Protein shakes:( and i'm always tight in the mornings too!

hmmm, glad for this site where I can get some info. I had a second "fill" yesterday. I had lost about 25 lbs but on a plateau for 2 months. My op was June 25th. So I said to the doc, maybe 1 or 2 ccs would be good. I think I got up to a total of 8 now. Today I have been having quite a challenge. Tried some Cereal for Breakfast and it kinda got stuck, then I tried some pizza minus the dough (only cheese and sausage) and I chewed really well....but that totally got stuck. Now I tried some carnation with milk and even that isn't working. Should I give it a day or 2 to see if there is some adjustment? Should I expect a little loosening? Or should I get a little but of saline taken out? Just looking for opinions. I am sure I will lose a lot of weight but not sure if I like feeling like everything is stuck in my esophagus!

Wayne

Im going through what alot of you are going through too... i had my 2nd fill Oct 22nd... a lil over 1 week ago... and for the first time i do feel restriction but i almost feel like its too much... i can totally drink liquids with no problem but food keeps getting stuck... i keep blaming myself that im not eating slow enough or chewing enough... and i hope it is just me cuz i dont want an unfill... but i am finding myself sticking to mostly Soup so i dont PB... im just so glad my stomach isnt growling 24-7 like it was up til this fill... and i have lost like 8 pnds since the fill...