Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 02/12/2020 at 16:32, MarvelGirl25 said:






I don't think its bored but maybe I could use a change. Ironically last night I was watching YouTube videos about the vegan diet. A couple years ago I was a vegetarian but it only lasted a year before I caved.




How long have you been vegan? Has it been tough after wls?


It hasn’t been hard at all. I’m vegetarian - have been for 49 years, so the switch is not that hard and I do add a bit of dairy here and there. It actually forces me to be a better vegetarian because I’m cooking from scratch and a lot of the recipes I use are well balanced.

I was finding I was getting really bored of the food that I had in my freezer, so I was reaching for quick easy things like carry Snacks because I just didn’t fancy what was on offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FluffyChix Ill take a pic once I make it! I have everything in the fridge except the yogurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, froufrou said:

It hasn’t been hard at all. I’m vegetarian - have been for 49 years, so the switch is not that hard and I do add a bit of dairy here and there. It actually forces me to be a better vegetarian because I’m cooking from scratch and a lot of the recipes I use are well balanced.

I was finding I was getting really bored of the food that I had in my freezer, so I was reaching for quick easy things like carry Snacks because I just didn’t fancy what was on offer.

49 yearsss?! wow thats a long time. Good for you! I know some people just enjoy it more. I usually make everything from scratch anyways but I feel like being a vegetarian helps keep the cals down. Something to potentially look into again...

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JAKE H so I ended up buying the fairlife Protein Shakes and they are delicious! Thank you so much for the recommendation! They don’t taste like any of the ones I’ve tried before. So far I’ve had a sip from each just to try but I plan on having a whole one tomorrow and I’ll see if I get a reaction from them since other Protein shakes make me throw up.

Thanks again!!!

C9A762BC-6976-4454-8E28-9EC0E2E0BFBA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

@JAKE H so I ended up buying the fairlife Protein Shakes and they are delicious! Thank you so much for the recommendation! They don’t taste like any of the ones I’ve tried before. So far I’ve had a sip from each just to try but I plan on having a whole one tomorrow and I’ll see if I get a reaction from them since other Protein shakes make me throw up.

Thanks again!!!

C9A762BC-6976-4454-8E28-9EC0E2E0BFBA.jpeg

WOOOHOOOOO. I love to hear this not because i recommended them because its going to help you in the long run! Theyre great for a Meal Replacement and so good. Also, idk if this is a mental thing for me, but i find the COLDER they are the more filling, So sometimes ill put one in the freezer for 30 mins before i know im going to have it lol. Then its really like a shake. But im glad you like them. They have banana (which i think taste like egg nog, which i love) and vanilla (taste like melted vanilla ice cream). i usually get all 4 at a time and then drink two a day. People say isnt that expensive?! Well lets see. i use to spend $15 on Breakfast and $20 on lunch. Now im spending $2.75 and $2.75.....lol....have a great day. Sorry just drank my morning coffee and i got happy fingers.

Edited by JAKE H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JAKE H said:

WOOOHOOOOO. I love to hear this not because i recommended them because its going to help you in the long run! Theyre great for a Meal Replacement and so good. Also, idk if this is a mental thing for me, but i find the COLDER they are the more filling, So sometimes ill put one in the freezer for 30 mins before i know im going to have it lol. Then its really like a shake. But im glad you like them. They have banana (which i think taste like egg nog, which i love) and vanilla (taste like melted vanilla ice cream). i usually get all 4 at a time and then drink two a day. People say isnt that expensive?! Well lets see. i use to spend $15 on Breakfast and $20 on lunch. Now im spending $2.75 and $2.75.....lol....have a great day. Sorry just drank my morning coffee and i got happy fingers.

They taste better nice and cold! I’m going to try putting them in the freezer. I tend not to eat much on the weekend even when I’m hungry (I sorta forget) but these will be great on those days. Such an easy way to get Protein in! And definitely worth the money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

They taste better nice and cold! I’m going to try putting them in the freezer. I tend not to eat much on the weekend even when I’m hungry (I sorta forget) but these will be great on those days. Such an easy way to get Protein in! And definitely worth the money!

I got an ice cream maker for Xmas and have been making Protein ice cream with milk & Protein Powder. I'm going to throw one of these in it and see how it turns out. Hopefully like a protein frosty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Uomograsso said:

I got an ice cream maker for Xmas and have been making Protein ice cream with milk & Protein Powder. I'm going to throw one of these in it and see how it turns out. Hopefully like a Protein frosty.

Great idea! I gotta try this! Tell me how it turns out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tabatha529

      Hello,  I am brand new on here. 
      The doctor qualified me yesterday for the surgery, so now I have to take 12 weeks of education classes and then he said they will schedule the surgery 4-6 weeks after I complete the classes. 
      I am excited to start this new journey.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Anki

      Am at the half-way mark of the six month pre-op program.  So excited!  Got clearance from psychologist this morning, so I scheduled my surgery consult for early March.  It is becoming more real now.  Have lost 18 pounds so far, since I began this journey on 12/18/19.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      So months ago, the Kid thought it would be funny to create an account on here and troll me with it.  Figured out it was her a few days later, and had a laugh about it.  She's been trolling me on it ever since.
      This morning I went on to post something and realized after the fact that I posted using her account as she was on my laptop last night 🙄
      Trolling over, Kid.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      I think i just spent the entire morning plus a couple more hours on here.
      My name is ms.sss and I am a BP forums-aholic.
      · 2 replies
      1. MarvelGirl25

        Lol I know the feeling!

      2. Lindamup

        Here is an overview of the writing services.
        This program is presented to familiarize with the best custom writing services.
        In one of these services you can get help with any kind of assignment - from a high school essay to a PhD dissertation.
        Download GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bestcustomwritingservices.app
        Download: https://bit.ly/32kPKrT

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×