Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

10 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

Congrats! That's awesome!

Thanks!

Ok, glad to hear such thing as a 7 week stall I am going into week 5 with the exact same weight which is making me crazy! I will be at 6 months on Monday and started to Panic that this is all I am going to lose. I DO see a difference in my clothes however the scale still frustrates me when it stays exactly the same.

O

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm now 24 weeks post op and down 90 pounds! Was so happy to get to ONEderland, now I can wait to hit 100 pounds lost. I went from size 22 pants to size 14. 3XL shirts to large.

I'm getting about 500-700 calories most days and hitting my Protein and Water goals MOST days.

Updated picture 😁

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

51 minutes ago, alissajs said:

Updated picture 😁

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

That's great, congrats!

You look awesome! I am almost exactly 6 months post op. I'm a little over 90lbs down from my highest weight, but 60lbs down from surgery weight. I'm also under 200 and about to get into the 180s! Doing great with food. Also getting between 400-600 calories a day with emphasis on Protein and fluids and supplements (bane of my existence). Not sure about clothing size cause I haven't really updated my wardrobe and miraculously my pants still stay up though they look pretty bad and I do have smaller pairs of jeans I've been wearing though and I keep trying on my stash of "I'll save this for when I lose the weight" clothing and it's all getting closer to looking seems, can't wait till the last of my belly fat disappears! Can't wait to hear from others!

I don't have any good full body shots but here's a ftf.

20200624_121617.jpg

26 minutes ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

You look awesome! I am almost exactly 6 months post op. I'm a little over 90lbs down from my highest weight, but 60lbs down from surgery weight. I'm also under 200 and about to get into the 180s! Doing great with food. Also getting between 400-600 calories a day with emphasis on Protein and fluids and supplements (bane of my existence). Not sure about clothing size cause I haven't really updated my wardrobe and miraculously my pants still stay up though they look pretty bad and I do have smaller pairs of jeans I've been wearing though and I keep trying on my stash of "I'll save this for when I lose the weight" clothing and it's all getting closer to looking seems, can't wait till the last of my belly fat disappears! Can't wait to hear from others!

you are doing GREAT!!!! Congrats!!

16 minutes ago, alissajs said:

you are doing GREAT!!!! Congrats!!

Thanks!

My surgery was on January 21st. Since starting the program I've lost 122.2 lbs. That averages about 3.3lbs a week and 15.27 lbs a month. I'm not sure what the average loss is supposed to be like. I had the RNY and started at 344. I'm 221.8 now. What shocked me the most is how much it improved my breathing!! I had such horrible lungs before and was always coughing and hacking up a lung, complete with having to run to the bathroom to throw mucus up. I don't think I've coughed more than a dozen times since surgery though. That enough would have made the surgery worth it! When did you guys who have been through this already think about getting plastic surgery? Do you think it's wise to wait until you hit your goal weight or does there come a point where it's common to go ahead and have it removed before then? Just curious.........

On 6/25/2020 at 7:04 PM, jubug09 said:

My surgery was on January 21st. Since starting the program I've lost 122.2 lbs. That averages about 3.3lbs a week and 15.27 lbs a month. I'm not sure what the average loss is supposed to be like. I had the RNY and started at 344. I'm 221.8 now. What shocked me the most is how much it improved my breathing!! I had such horrible lungs before and was always coughing and hacking up a lung, complete with having to run to the bathroom to throw mucus up. I don't think I've coughed more than a dozen times since surgery though. That enough would have made the surgery worth it! When did you guys who have been through this already think about getting plastic surgery? Do you think it's wise to wait until you hit your goal weight or does there come a point where it's common to go ahead and have it removed before then? Just curious.........

That's amazing, congratulations! I will not respond on the plastic surgery. Might be a question worth asking a larger group of people who have had surgery a longer time ago.

OK guys. So I went for a 5 month check up and I am officially down 60 pounds!!!! I started at 252 and I am now at 191! The doctor is very pleased with my progress... My GP wants me to get to 160. I am good with 175.

I think we can all agree that at this point we are all happy with our decisions!!!! I am down from a size 22w to a size 16, with those getting bigger!!! I can no longer shop in the Plus size department!!!! I have not been this size since middle school!!!

On 6/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, jubug09 said:

You should google "plastic surgery after bariatric surgery". The first hit indicated that it would be wise to wait up to 18 months after weight loss surgery to make sure your weight has stabilized. It does say you can visit your plastic surgeon guy for an evaluation prior to that. He can tell you what to expect at that time.

PS. I'm beginning to think I may need to see a plastic surgeon too.