Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saggy Sophie no more. Plastic surgery to the rescue!



Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2020 at 12:03 AM, Sophie7713 said:

30 days post op

Now past the 4 week mark - I really notice a difference! Feeling mostly "back to normal" and will continue to wear the compression garments another 4 weeks to total 8. I am thrilled with the results! Assessed current wardrobe today and seem to be settling nicely into XS/S tops, size 8 dress and 6/8 slacks in petites. Most interim clothing will need to be donated. Other basics go back to seamstress. Appetite, bowels and Water intake have returned to normal. Do not wish to loose anymore weight. Looking forward to moving into spring as the new stabilized me after an intense 16 months of bariatric research, planning, scheduling, gastric sleeve, nutritional and lifestyle adjustments and lastly, plastics. It's all good. So very thankful for the opportunity to have halted the obesity cycle.

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

WOW!! You look amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2020 at 3:03 PM, Sophie7713 said:

30 days post op

Now past the 4 week mark - I really notice a difference! Feeling mostly "back to normal" and will continue to wear the compression garments another 4 weeks to total 8. I am thrilled with the results! Assessed current wardrobe today and seem to be settling nicely into XS/S tops, size 8 dress and 6/8 slacks in petites. Most interim clothing will need to be donated. Other basics go back to seamstress. Appetite, bowels and Water intake have returned to normal. Do not wish to loose anymore weight. Looking forward to moving into spring as the new stabilized me after an intense 16 months of bariatric research, planning, scheduling, gastric sleeve, nutritional and lifestyle adjustments and lastly, plastics. It's all good. So very thankful for the opportunity to have halted the obesity cycle.

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

You look amazing Sophie! Love all the outfits, these are my faves though :D

Bobby <3<3<3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, ms.sss said:

I can see the difference too! You are looking positively SLIM.

+1 on the bare leg + nude shoes, you legs look longer already.

(are the dresses and jeans the spoils of your recent shopping spree? Love 'em)

On 2/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, ms.sss said:

I can see the difference too! You are looking positively SLIM.

+1 on the bare leg + nude shoes, you legs look longer already.

(are the dresses and jeans the spoils of your recent shopping spree? Love 'em)

No, these were all sale items I had found when I was a size 10/12 thinking let me get them and just see! I found an absolutely gorgeous navy blue couture dress that is a true size 6. Now I know I'm smaller - as we know the designer lines are accurate. So excited to share the fruits of my labor these past few weeks. I desperately needed to replace all the basics... dresses, tops, bottoms, belts etc. Mission accomplished! ;]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

So excited to share the fruits of my labor these past few weeks. I desperately needed to replace all the basics... dresses, tops, bottoms, belts etc. Mission accomplished!

Bring 'em on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 week post op

The sash + cupcakes (my surgeon has a sweet tooth) was in honor and celebration of my plastic surgeon at our six week follow-up appointment today! I'm absolutely thrilled with my new improved 2020 figure. The Mrs. Frankenstein 2020 refers to our inside joke teasing her she gifted me with 60" of suture lines. Haha. My weight is 122. Height 5' 0" and the bust measurement 36C (down from 40DD) with weight loss and breast lift. The removal of 5 pounds of loose abdominal skin brought forth a 28" waist and 36" hips. I seem to be settling in a 6/8 dress; XS to S tops and 4/6/8 slacks depending on there style. Size XS in hosiery. The surgeon would like me to begin transitioning from my beloved compression garment cocoon to a Genie or Coobie bra and Spanx bottoms. Does anyone have experience with these brands post plastics? New territory for me. For 25 + years I was a Jockey cotton brief and Bali underwire bra girl. I find the foundation departments a bit overwhelming! I am still in the process of seamstress alterations with most of my new basics + foundational wardrobe. ;]

No matter what stage you find yourself whether in pre or post WLS; the actual weight loss process; maintenance; And perhaps, now contemplating plastic surgery...Forge ahead with confidence and resolve to take good care of yourself addressing the emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of self. I can promise you will NEVER look back. Ask yourself the tough questions seeking honest answers to why the weight elevated risking your health and well being. Here's my top weight tipping 295 pounds in 2014. Later teetering between 283 - 248 pounds with little stability. Only WLS and then plastics could bring me to such a time as this. Continued victory and much success in your personal journey toward better health, joy and happiness. You are worth the investment. You are priceless!

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

6 week post op

The sash + cupcakes (my surgeon has a sweet tooth) was in honor and celebration of my plastic surgeon at our six week follow-up appointment today! I'm absolutely thrilled with my new improved 2020 figure. The Mrs. Frankenstein 2020 refers to our inside joke teasing her she gifted me with 60" of suture lines. Haha. My weight is 122. Height 5' 0" and the bust measurement 36C (down from 40DD) with weight loss and breast lift. The removal of 5 pounds of loose abdominal skin brought forth a 28" waist and 36" hips. I seem to be settling in a 6/8 dress; XS to S tops and 4/6/8 slacks depending on there style. Size XS in hosiery. The surgeon would like me to begin transitioning from my beloved compression garment cocoon to a Genie or Coobie bra and Spanx bottoms. Does anyone have experience with these brands post plastics? New territory for me. For 25 + years I was a Jockey cotton brief and Bali underwire bra girl. I find the foundation departments a bit overwhelming! I am still in the process of seamstress alterations with most of my new basics + foundational wardrobe. ;]

No matter what stage you find yourself whether in pre or post WLS; the actual weight loss process; maintenance; And perhaps, now contemplating plastic surgery...Forge ahead with confidence and resolve to take good care of yourself addressing the emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of self. I can promise you will NEVER look back. Ask yourself the tough questions seeking honest answers to why the weight elevated risking your health and well being. Here's my top weight tipping 295 pounds in 2014. Later teetering between 283 - 248 pounds with little stability. Only WLS and then plastics could bring me to such a time as this. Continued victory and much success in your personal journey toward better health, joy and happiness. You are worth the investment. You are priceless!

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

😍😍😍 LOOKING GREAT 😍😍😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOTH Dr. Dana AND @Sophie7713 ROCK!

So happy that you are happy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eight weeks post op

Very thankful to have the physical stamina and healthier lifestyle now in place to face these unprecedented times. It almost seems trite to talk about myself or my plastics in this current climate our nation now faces. I am beginning to experiment with foundations weaning away from the compression garments. Purchasing fitted clothing has become a rewarding and most satisfying experience after plastics. My favorite aspect is the new 28" waistline that works perfectly with an array of new belts. I have lost a total of eight pounds since January 21 surgery date - five were Excess skin removal. Now on lock down and home bound mode - I have the time to explore new recipes and cook books. The chia pudding recipes are especially delicious and highly nutritious, as well as permissible comfort food. Also, have been enjoying PBS Masterpiece Theatre - Vienna Blood. An excellent mystery production and worthy diversion.

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

💜💚Congratulations💚💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2020 at 12:12 AM, TheMoxieMama said:

💜💚Congratulations💚💜

Thank you, Miss. Moxie! How are you doing!? Do share pictures! (BTW, my parents retired in Virginia Beach after my Dad's last Naval ship duty in Norfolk. I attended Princess Ann HS in 10th grade). 4 months after plastics feeling great - all dressed up and no where to go. LOL. Enjoying our evening walks and grocery runs... Just wear these casuals out. Thankful, though, I had the surgery before this SURREAL reality. Meantime, closet inspiration. Haha. New dress purchased in Feburary yet to be worn.

IMG_3675.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_2911.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4115.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love your style! Great colors and shapes. Especially love the purple top/black Adidas joggers, and the melon colored dress with the leather belt. Lovely pix of the Water lily pond and sunset. What part of Florida are you in? I'm a NY State transplant to VA; I've been here for 16 years.

I'm still pre-op, working my way through all the specialist appts. I have three more to go over the next month; fingers crossed. I suppose I should take some before pix soon. I've lost 15 pounds since I started the whole process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How exciting, Miss. Moxie! You will do fabulous in the months and year ahead. 15 pounds off during this pandemic - PRICELESS - not to be eating your way out of this crisis. A true test of your commitment to the long term (not easy or quick fix) goals, right!?! Definitely do take before pictures. They will serve to empower, inspire and keep you focused - As well as, reinforce your resolve that you never wish to be weighed down again! I lost a total of 142 pounds to date. Here was my start point. But, I did once peak at 298. So ashamed it got that out of control with menopause, metabolic disease and of course, my share of indulgences. We reside in West Palm Beach. My hometown is State College, Penn State, PA. However, I attended U of Miami with a degree in interior design - so, Florida is an adopted home for many years. Do share your progress. So excited for you! ;]

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2020 at 1:40 AM, Sophie7713 said:

Eight weeks post op

Very thankful to have the physical stamina and healthier lifestyle now in place to face these unprecedented times. It almost seems trite to talk about myself or my plastics in this current climate our nation now faces. I am beginning to experiment with foundations weaning away from the compression garments. Purchasing fitted clothing has become a rewarding and most satisfying experience after plastics. My favorite aspect is the new 28" waistline that works perfectly with an array of new belts. I have lost a total of eight pounds since January 21 surgery date - five were Excess skin removal. Now on lock down and home bound mode - I have the time to explore new recipes and cook books. The chia pudding recipes are especially delicious and highly nutritious, as well as permissible comfort food. Also, have been enjoying PBS Masterpiece Theatre - Vienna Blood. An excellent mystery production and worthy diversion.

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

You look great!! Are your scars starting to fade yet? Have you noticed any swelling going down in the past month? I am 3 months post and I assumed the swelling was gone but the surgeon said there's still some there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

You look great!! Are your scars starting to fade yet? Have you noticed any swelling going down in the past month? I am 3 months post and I assumed the swelling was gone but the surgeon said there's still some there.

Congratulations 2Bsmaller! How are you doing? Are you happy with your results? Were you pleased with your surgeon? Where are you swelling? Do share a picture of the new you! ;]

Four months out now - I really have not dealt with much swelling at all accept in the first two weeks. My surgeon enlisted two policies that she believes reduces swelling from day one. She kept the drains in until no more fluids accumulated. Some do not use drains. For me, that was 10 days. And, I was asked to wear the compression garments full time for as long as I could stand them thus, protecting the incisions and the contouring process. She actually had to tell me to take them off now worried about indentations in my skin! Haha. I grew quite fond of this suit of armor (while many hated it)! I felt safe, comfy and compact in it while the healing took place. Suffice to say, I wore it probably 10 + weeks out or more. With the COVID on set, my last follow-up appointment was cancelled and plan to re-schedule soon. I believe wearing the garments helped the scars in their quality recovery, too. You would never know the nipples were re-attached on the new perky breasts. Scaring just is not that noticeable to me at all. I will talk with her to see if we should address my loose neck skin - but that maybe just an age thing (61) and best left natural? Not sure. I did carry a lot of extra weight in my face with a predominant double chin.

Will you engage in further plastics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×