Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: NHS or Private

Did you have your band on the NHS or Privately?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have your band on the NHS or Privately?

• NHS
    • Private

Dirty hospitals named and shamed on health service hygiene 'sick list'

By Celia Hall, Medical Editor

nhosp08big.gif

Happy reading maincat. You seem to have a pedantic mission regarding NHS hospitals.

Most people want to have an enjoyable time on this lap band forum.You just come across as someone who is more interested in goading others with your condescending attitude. No-one has to justify themselves,their views or their spelling to you.

Good luck on your band journey-even though you give the impression of being a right pompous git!

Edited by xxlaneyxx
added to post!

Dirty hospitals named and shamed on health service hygiene 'sick list'

By Celia Hall, Medical Editor

nhosp08big.gif

Happy reading maincat. You seem to have a pedantic mission regarding NHS hospitals.

Most people want to have an enjoyable time on this lap band forum.You just come across as someone who is more interested in goading others with your condescending attitude. No-one has to justify themselves,their views or their spelling to you.

Good luck on your band journey-even though you give the impression of being a right pompous git!

Here!! Here!! Laney - I couldn't have put it better myself .... well, I'd have said arse hole instead of pompous git but come to think of it both descriptions are apt!!!!

Oh you can swear. The last resort of the feeble minded.

Moderators - can you get rid of this foul mouthed member?

Hi all!

This question is for people that had their lapband done on the NHS especially if it was done in london.

1. How long did you have to wait from the inititial referral from your gp to see the consultant.

2. How long did you have to wait from seeing the consultant to getting the operation.

3. Did you have to do a six month supervised diet thing, or be told to loose weight before they operated>

Thanks

Hi Donatella

Iam thinking of going to Belgium to get mind done too.do you mind me asking who did yours for you and wot your aftercare is like?

thanks

Julia x

hi, would you tell me who you went with, which surgeon. id be so grateful to you

Hello, I am now 5 years on, best decision for me, had my band done at Midhurst ( NHS) surgeon Mr G Slater, now based at Chichester ( W Sussex). Good luck.

i had my band one privately in manchester alexandra Bupa hospital under Dr Ammori on 27th nov 09 since then i have lost a total of 125 pounds i was 322lb i am now 197 and need to be 168lbs so not far to go now.

i would not go to an nhs hospital for mine and infact didnt even ask my gp about it i just went ahead and did it. my only regret is that i didnt have it done years ago.

nhs hospitals have too many super bugs and didnt want to risk catching anything from them. and if needed i would go private all over again when i got to surgicare who i went through if i say fill they fill non of this messing about waiting and checking weight loss etc. like you have to do with nhs i even went in for an unfill to go to cuba as was told that the flight could tighten my band up and because i went private and got a 2 year after care package was all free of charge.

i have heard of so many that have gone nhs and not even lost half of what i have lost because the after care is just not there or is but is not enough to maintain a good weight loss.

if you have the money dont hessitate go private and get a good after care package with it the results will prove a lot better in the long run my brother in law had one done 5 years ago he lost 6 stones and then gained 10 cos the after care had stopped 6 months after surgery.

Time to find out what exactly? Why didn't you give a fuller explanation in your post? You painted a picture that UK hospitals are to be avoided. You didn't give an explanation, just a banal statement about 'lurgies'. Yes this is a forum that aims to support, but don't expect crass statements to be unchallenged.

you know what maincat i find your post annoying and intimidating, you have a bad manner and to boot you are aggressive and that is not what this site is all about if you continue with this bombardment of abuse at people and your total disregard of people opinions then please feel free to leave the site. people come here to gain knowledge from others experience and knowledge not to sit here post after post and listen to your argumentative dribble. from the way you speak I would take it that either you are not in actual fact banded or you have a beef with the fact that your weight loss is unacceptable either way please refrain from being so pompous and either play nicely or leave and yes I spelled checked before I posted.

Christ almighty, how to get turned off a forum in 5 minutes!! I'm keeping well clear of this area, I cannot be arsed with that sort of aggression on a forum. I haven't logged on in nearly a year and now I remember why.

It's a very different picture in Wales, nigh on impossible to get lap band surgery on the NHS so I paid for mine and went to Dolan Park in Bromsgrove. If it had been available I would have gone to my local hospital as its spotlessly clean and has fantastic facilities with very hard working staff. How do I know , because I'm a nurse.