Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

30 Days is great! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever done; and it is something I am still grateful for even 12 years and 60 pounds later....Good luck getting through the process for approval!

Thank you! I'm hoping I get to join the February team! Im so ready for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery on 6 Feb. Really looking forward to it but freaking out as I’m going abroad and now constantly running worst case scenarios through in my head! Not required to do a pre op diet but doing it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Batfink1! said:

Surgery on 6 Feb. Really looking forward to it but freaking out as I’m going abroad and now constantly running worst case scenarios through in my head! Not required to do a pre op diet but doing it anyway.

As long as it’s run well. I’m sure you’ve done your research on the facility.

I’m glad that you’re following a preop diet tho you weren’t encouraged to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m scheduled for a MGB on Feb. 10th. I’m just finishing my first week of the pre-op diet. It wasn’t too bad until yesterday. I slipped up and nibbled a little cheese when making dinner for my family.

Is anyone else finding it hard to get through 3 Protein Drinks each day? I find I’m not really hungry until late afternoon. It feels counterintuitive to force myself to eat (drink) when not hungry, but I suppose that’s what we will be doing for the first few weeks after surgery, so might as well get used to it now.

Has anyone else started to lose any weight pre-op? I’m down 12 pounds and quite excited about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ResaRoo said:

I’m scheduled for a MGB on Feb. 10th. I’m just finishing my first week of the pre-op diet. It wasn’t too bad until yesterday. I slipped up and nibbled a little cheese when making dinner for my family.

Is anyone else finding it hard to get through 3 Protein Drinks each day? I find I’m not really hungry until late afternoon. It feels counterintuitive to force myself to eat (drink) when not hungry, but I suppose that’s what we will be doing for the first few weeks after surgery, so might as well get used to it now.

Has anyone else started to lose any weight pre-op? I’m down 12 pounds and quite excited about it.

Wow, 3 weeks of only Protein Drinks sounds really tough. I am surprised that everyone's pre-op diet is so drastically different! Mine is only 2 weeks; I also get to eat 1 small meal (4 oz of Protein and 1.5 cups raw veggies plus some fat); 2 protein drinks, and 2 Snacks, which can be a Protein Drink, but can also be a Protein Bar, a hard boiled egg, etc. And even with all of that I found the first 4 days awful. I am allowed (for one snack) a small apple and a tbl of Peanut Butter and one day I had at least 2 tbl; immediately felt so awful. Now when I read about what other people are restricted to I feel even more childish!

Are you allowed Clear Liquids? I have just discovered Bone Broth and find it a life saver. The protein drinks and bars are so sweet, it is a nice change.

Good luck! My surgery is the 3rd, so I hope I will have happy updates to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am allowed some Clear Liquids, but it needs to be very low sodium. I can also have up to 250 calories of low (and a little medium) glycemic veggies every day. I’ve just been making a salad at night and filling it with spinach. I’ve cheated a little and used a sugar free balsamic vinaigrette, but it isn’t really allowed, so this week I’ll be switching to plain vinegar and spices. 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to the forum. I’m scheduled for February 28th. I am excited and scared also. But looking forward to better health. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto thyroidism. I’m hopeful my pain levels will be more manageable, I will not be so fatigued all the time and I will have better quality of life. I also look forward to having a smaller body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lesmud said:

I am new to the forum. I’m scheduled for February 28th. I am excited and scared also. But looking forward to better health. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto thyroidism. I’m hopeful my pain levels will be more manageable, I will not be so fatigued all the time and I will have better quality of life. I also look forward to having a smaller body.

Good luck! I'm scheduled for February 3. After 6 months of waiting, it's hard to believe it's a week away. Wonder where we'll all bre by memorial day, or next Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to the forum as well. Waiting on insurance approval, but it's looking like mid February for me. They said I should hear something in the next 5 days! So eager to have a fresh start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 5 replies
      1. Orgasetiree

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/desert-kitchen-nm.html

      2. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      3. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      4. Jameszew

        http://www.studiomerliniortodonzia.it/cgi-bin/bentelan.htm

      5. BrandonGep

        https://kinogo2.by/

    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 3 replies
      1. Poergierm

        http://oddershedelorentzen42.xtgem.com/

      2. Niz

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/proton-pack-storage-rack.html

      3. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

    • ms.sss

      @DaisyChainOz, @Arabesque ... am totally thinking of both of you this very moment as I watch the final set of the Millman-Federer match at the AO... I am riveted and literally screaming at the TV...
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

        BEST. TIEBREAK. EVER.

      2. DaisyChainOz

        haha unfortunately I missed it! Glad you enjoyed though :D

      3. Arabesque

        I didn’t see it either but I wish I had now for both the battle on court & the ball tampering accusations flying around everywhere now.

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 3 replies
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

      2. Lyndor

        Think about all you will gain. Seriously, nothing is better than my size 4 jeans!

      3. BayougirlMrsS

        nothing tastes better than thin feels.....

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×