Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Redeaux....how are you feeling.

Feb 8th!! Getting so excited for this new journey! Good luck to all your surgeries! We got this!!

My RNY is scheduled for Feb 19th in Richmond VA.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jenni L said:

Redeaux....how are you feeling.

A little nervous and excited at the same time trying to make sure I have all my pre and post op food ready

Hey, haven't been on for a while, but I got ins. approval today! I'm gunning for Feb 4 or 11; got a lot of work to do and new staffer starting in late January. Got so much to do...

I found out yesterday I got insurance approval! And I just got a date! February 19th. But I have a question. My surgeon's office let me know what I have to pay them for the surgery but it's only to cover the cost of the surgeon and the assistant surgeon and it has to be paid at my pre-op appointment. But they don't know what I will owe for the hospital, anesthesiologist, and pathology. Nor do they know when I will need to pay it? Do y'all know if this is something they bill later like normal stuff or what?

On 01/08/2020 at 10:05, Puffy-no-more said:

I found out yesterday I got insurance approval! And I just got a date! February 19th. But I have a question. My surgeon's office let me know what I have to pay them for the surgery but it's only to cover the cost of the surgeon and the assistant surgeon and it has to be paid at my pre-op appointment. But they don't know what I will owe for the hospital, anesthesiologist, and pathology. Nor do they know when I will need to pay it? Do y'all know if this is something they bill later like normal stuff or what?

So each hospital is different. I had surgery at a one hospital that asked for a credit card on file, and another time a different hospital they wanted my copay, which was like $250 up front. I think some of this is hospital policy, the other part is how much your deductible/copay will be.

Congrats on your insurance approval. We are surgery twins! I’m having my surgery in Richmond, VA. How about you?

@Aodhanmom that's exciting!! I'm in Kansas! I'm soooo excited. My insurance kept telling me I would need to do the whole 6 month diet thing but it had been removed from their policy that was just revised so my surgeon office decided to just send in the prior authorization just to see what they would say. I'm so pumped and ready for this new life!!!!

On 1/3/2020 at 5:07 AM, Redeaux said:

A little nervous and excited at the same time trying to make sure I have all my pre and post op food ready

SAMEEE! I'm such an over-preparer lol and I always feel like im missing something...

@blette that's my date too!! I'm so excited. What kind of pre op diet do you have to do?

Hey February Graduating Class, are you guys excited? Look at it this way, after I have my surgery on January 31st, your group will start crossing the stage... If you have questions or anxiety is settling in, read the January or prior months ahead to hear everyone's experiences.