Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Just now, niffer said:

@ doublepau when will you start your pre op diet? (if you have one) My pre-op appointment is 2/7 so I assume I be be starting then or shortly thereafter.

@niffer I don't believe my surgeon requires a pre-op diet. Buy my pre-op appointment is on 2/4 so I'll let you know what happens :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 days into my 21 day pre-op and I'm down 16 pounds. It's a good motivator to stick to the diet. I keep thinking "almost half way!" My diet is pretty strict (3 Protein shakes/day and up to 250 cal of low glycemic veggies). I don't always get in all 3 shakes, and am still working on upping my Water intake. I find evenings are the worst for cravings. How is everyone else doing on their pre-op (if you've started it yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[mention=365410]niffer[/mention] I don't believe my surgeon requires a pre-op diet. Buy my pre-op appointment is on 2/4 so I'll let you know what happens [emoji4]
Good luck, keep us posted!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ResaRoo said:

9 days into my 21 day pre-op and I'm down 16 pounds. It's a good motivator to stick to the diet. I keep thinking "almost half way!" My diet is pretty strict (3 Protein shakes/day and up to 250 cal of low glycemic veggies). I don't always get in all 3 shakes, and am still working on upping my Water intake. I find evenings are the worst for cravings. How is everyone else doing on their pre-op (if you've started it yet).

Congrats! 16lbs is amazing!

My surgery was on then off now on again for Feb 4th

I find my night cravings to be the worst too my preop diet is shakes Water tuna oatmeal and broths I’ve only been doing the pre op diet for 5 days and I’m about 6 lbs down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February 13th!!! 🎉. Good luck to everyone I can’t wait to see your results!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH NO! I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday and I have a cold! I felt a bit run down and scratchy throat, but by last night I was sneezing, woke up this morning and I can hardly swallow and I am losing my voice. I'm so scared that they won't do the surgery on Monday. I have emailed my surgeon (the pre op instructions said to notify your surgeon if you had cold/flu like symptoms)…. :( I'm ready to just cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ninja-slash-nerd said:

I was never at risk of ruining my surgery because I'm not having cravings. And I was never rude to anyone.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, Ninja-slash-nerd said:

No, the experience is not that similar. Because with the sleeve, you're far less likely to suffer from dumping syndrome. But thanks for your input.

9 hours ago, HLsleeve said:

Congratulations......im scheduled for February 24th

Good luck with surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ninja-slash-nerd said:

I was never at risk of ruining my surgery because I'm not having cravings. And I was never rude to anyone.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, Ninja-slash-nerd said:

No, the experience is not that similar. Because with the sleeve, you're far less likely to suffer from dumping syndrome. But thanks for your input.

9 hours ago, HLsleeve said:

Congratulations......im scheduled for February

Good luck with your surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

OH NO! I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday and I have a cold! I felt a bit run down and scratchy throat, but by last night I was sneezing, woke up this morning and I can hardly swallow and I am losing my voice. I'm so scared that they won't do the surgery on Monday. I have emailed my surgeon (the pre op instructions said to notify your surgeon if you had cold/flu like symptoms)…. :( I'm ready to just cry.

Hope you’re feeling better I’m just getting over something from last week and it was bad my dr called in an antibiotic for me - and I consulted with my surgeon before taking he was ok with the antibiotic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, myholidayboyz said:

My paperwork was submitted to my insurance 1/21/2020. On 1/23/2020 I got an email from my insurance letting me know I was approved. My surgeons office just got the paperwork today.

I was told when they submitted my paperwork to insurance that they have 15 days to approve. It took Humana less than a week. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • MariaG.

      hi my doctor has me on protein shakes for the next six weeks and she wants me to buy a chicken broth protein shake called unjury anyone has tried it before ? doesn't sound like it tastes good wanted to ask if anyone has tried it or if any other recommendations?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Rose99

      Hi guys I really want to share this video https://shrinke.me/A7u74lMl what I eat in a day to lose weight. You'll never regret, just try it!)
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Meganator

      Over 100lbs down (80ish PO VSG 10/13/21). It feels so unreal to me.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sunshine Princess

      I just had a teaspoon of hummus with a teaspoon of avocado topped with a teaspoon of greek yogurt and it. was. GLORIOUS. I'm four days out and my surgeon gave me the greenlight to work in small amounts of pureed food. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lizardskelter

      done
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×