Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the Maryland Bandsters?

Thanks KimInMd for your encouragement. I got a tentative surgery date today for 12/21 - I can't believe it is so close.

Well, this is one New Year's resolution you WILL be keeping! I can't think of a better way to start a new year than to work on a new YOU! Your Christmas will be kind of different this year, but honey, by next Christmas you will you will be looking hot. Hmm, two weeks from tomorrow. That's not long to have to wait. I'm excited for you! Keep in touch!

Hi everyone, well I went to the doctor's yesterday and it's official. I lost 13 lbs in the last month. :clap2:

That's a size smaller than you were last month! Congratulations!!! :whoo:

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I haven't been banded yet, but I'm hoping to have my surgery early next year. I have my consultation scheduled with Dr. Singh for January 17 and I've been following the 6 month diet my insurance company requires. I have to do the diet until February and then my insurance should be a go. I'd love to connect with some locals to help me with this new journey!

Hi Brandi!

Welcome to the boards. You can find so much support here, and LBT is a great resource for getting your questions answered. Once you go for your consult appointment, you will have so many things to do to get ready that it will be February before you know it. Let us know if we can help in any way or if you need to talk.:cell:

Thanks KimInMd for your encouragement. I got a tentative surgery date today for 12/21

Only three more days, Allheart! How are you holding up?

Greetings, My name is Susan, I'm 54 soon to be two nickles and I am from Maryland. I am going to be banded sometime after the first of the year. I will be having my surgery done at GBMC. I love reading the posts, if I think I have anything to add or pearls of wisdom, I'll be sure to share with you. Well, have a Blessed Christmas

Hey Maryland Bandsters!

I have been off the site for a couple weeks. Back to work, then a two week class which required me to go to the office in the evenings. And of course with all of that, stress, not doing exactly the right thing, basically ensuring that I stall in my weight loss. Excuse the language, but shit, I was hoping to keep up the momentum, damn holiday Cookies.

Anyway, I need to get back on track and being on this site and hearing about others journey will help me.

Some NVS's in the last two weeks though, I have found that I am down from a 24-26 pant to a 22 that fits a little loosely until half way through the day and then it looks like I have a load in my pants. (Sorry for the language and graphic description, I don't know what has come over me today, frustration I guess). Back to the NVS's, I started wearing a pedometer, which would make a nice Christmas gift if you all don't have one, I have been able to get to 6000 or more steps, my goal is to get to 10,000 steps soon. And, I am having a hard time finding old clothes to fit even after only losing 25lbs.

I have also discovered a few things: 1) the more Protein the better, 2) if you introduce bad carbs (white flour and sugar) you look puffier then if you don't eat them even if you don't gain weight from eating them, 3) I love bad carbs and I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to figure this out.

I have an appointment with Dr. Singh on January 7th. I thought I would try to put off getting a fill but now I think I am going to want one then if possible. Having restriction like you do in the first two weeks after surgery REALLY, REALLY, REALLY does address the physical hunger, and even though I am having head hunger for the holiday temptation foods, I do find I have physical hunger too.

Hi Susan- Welcome to the boards! You don't have long to wait. This time next year you will be a different person.

Molly- I wondered where you've been. You're doing GREAT! I think we all struggle w/ the holidays. I say if I can just maintain I'll be happy. Gosh it's hard w/ parties, Cookies, rich foods and Desserts. I'm staying close to the scale. You still have a couple of weeks till your appointment. You'll know by then about the fill. I'm also going in for a small fill the first part of Jan. from 1.5 to maybe 1.7 Can't do it till Jan. though because I'll be flying, and I always get tight when I fly. It's not good to be away from home and find out you're too tight.

gwhite

I also went to GBMC, Dr. Moen was my surgeon. My diabetes doctor is here in Crofton and he had 11 other patients go to GBMC. My insurance would only cover "Centers of Excellence" and GBMC was one of the few at that time...

Hey there Brandi...

I am doing well. I sure wish I had performed better this month in the weight loss category, but I need to not dwell on it and move on.

We have a couple more holiday events coming up, but my husband and I are trying to eat healthfully in between those times.

Within the next 10 days we will have our wedding anniversary, my birthday, New Years Eve and Day, and a big family thing at our house on 01/05.

How have the holidays been for you?

Maryland Bandsters....

Let's talk about some things we need to do in the coming year. Obviously focusing on health and weight loss will be on the top of our New Years Resolutions (if we should even refer to them as such).

What are some of the things you are going to do in the New Year to be successful in weight loss and the other things you plan to do in 2008?

Hi MollyBrown and Maryland banders. My surgery went well on 12/21. They repaired a hiatal hernia while they were in there. When I came home, I couldn't keep down any liquids - not even Water. I was getting sicker by the minute so it was back to the hospital. :sick I was dehydrated so they gave me 24 hours of fluids and nausea meds - the surgeon on call took out about 1 cc of Fluid from the band - I felt immediate relief. Came home a day later and am on the mend. It's kind of exhausting thinking about "eating" all day long but I'm keeping a log with whatever I take in, my thoughts, temp, etc. so it's kind of cool. I'm already off of all blood pressure, cholesterol, and acid reflux meds - very cool. I've been at my parents house for the past couple of nights - too hard to sleep flat in the bed - their recliner works much better. I'm ready to go home but I don't think they are - it's an adjustment for all of us.

I have been a little emotional but I figure that is to be expected. The other night, it was like I had an "out of body experience" where I was looking at someone else's life - I was very sad that I had to go this far to lose weight and for the 40 lost years failing at this on my own. I know I'm going to need to find a counselor soon for support when needed. Anyone know of a good one within an hour of Elkton? Also, do any of you attend a good lap band support group within the same distance? These forums are WONDERFUL but I need human contact with fellow banders.

Well, take care everyone and have an inspiring new year. The best is yet to come!!! :eek::rolleyes: (sorry - I just love these things - I'm going to work on putting a ticker in my signature)

Maryland Bandsters....

Let's talk about some things we need to do in the coming year. Obviously focusing on health and weight loss will be on the top of our New Years Resolutions (if we should even refer to them as such).

What are some of the things you are going to do in the New Year to be successful in weight loss and the other things you plan to do in 2008?

In the new year, I'm going to really focus on exercise. I figure the food will take care of itself - allthough, it is true that this is not a cure but a tool - yesterday I saw a Taco Bell commercial and got the strongest craving for nachos - I kept telling myself that soon enough I will be able to have a small portion of whatever I can tollerate. I've never stuck to an exercise program - partly because I was so obese. I plan on using my treadmill, then progressing to going back to curves and then hiring a personal trainer. I figure I will be able to afford it with all the $ I'm saving on food. :) Another thing I'm going to do is get more involved volunteering in my church and some other ministries. I'm really looking forward to getting out to meet new people instead of working non-stop.

Here's the amazing thing.....my "new year's resolutions" will actually come true this year - how cool is that? :eek: