Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

I shared that I've been gaining weight and I don't know why, well I'm down 6 pounds and I have 10 more to go before my pre-op appt on the 17th. I have been in a soft liquid diet phase, lots of Protein. Going full throttle by the end of the week, into liquid mode. Going to pick up some more sugar free Popsicles and Jello tomorrow. All I'm thinking about are pancakes and waffles, smdh.

On 12/29/2019 at 17:02, blondeanon said:

I have the same insurance! I had Cigna send me the whole policy and actually brought it with me to my initial consult. Good thing I did too because at first the surgeon was adamant that I call back insurance to get more details. Then I showed him the policy and was told "Oh wow! You are golden!"

O wow lol yes Cigna is a great insurance. And they will also allow revisions or any other needs that we need to continue to be at a healthy weight!! It such a blessing to have an insurance that actually cares!!! I have my pre op Jan 8 and my surgery Jan 14. I am so excited. I only have 48hours of Clear Liquids before surgery. Obviously I also have a 8 hour no food restriction prior to the actual surgery. It is getting so close. I am so excited for this new journey but I am also so scared for surgery. Thankfully I am at the top rated center of excellence in the US and my surgeon deals with all the mess ups lol 😂 people fly from all over to come see him. So that really puts me at ease. He also does a numbing injection at all injection sites so the lain is very minimal so we are able to walk a round to avoid blood clotting etc.

On 12/30/2019 at 23:12, Krimsonbutterflies said:

What are you going to eat and what test did you take? When's your surgery? Sorry for asking, especially if you have already provided your date.

I would like to know also ☺️

Does anyone have any good secrets to share about how to stay/feel full on the clear liquid diet part before surgery?

5 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I would like to know also ☺️

I’ve bought several broths, sugar free Jello and popsicles, a variety of Soups, and several different shakes to try to get me through the next week. I’ll let you know what I find best and what I find gross!
my surgery is next Wednesday, Jan 8. Pre op diet starts tomorrow, Jan 1!
As far as the testing yesterday, my surgeon took bloodwork to check kidney function and they took my vitals. The hospital also had me do pre admitting testing, and that was vitals again and an EKG. She said they EKG is for anesthesia reasons since I have high BP.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:25, DebDown said:

I’ve bought several broths, sugar free Jello and popsicles, a variety of Soups, and several different shakes to try to get me through the next week. I’ll let you know what I find best and what I find gross!

my surgery is next Wednesday, Jan 8. Pre op diet starts tomorrow, Jan 1!

As far as the testing yesterday, my surgeon took bloodwork to check kidney function and they took my vitals. The hospital also had me do pre admitting testing, and that was vitals again and an EKG. She said they EKG is for anesthesia reasons since I have high BP.

Awesome. I will be doing my pre op the same day u r going to turn post op lol Jan 8. So I will be sending my best wishes to you. Wow we r all so close to our dates this is just great!!!!

Does every one have a bathroom scale? If so is there a special one u just love? I am about to head out and look at some.
Also how often will u weigh in after surgery?

Just now, sarahSingh91 said:

Does every one have a bathroom scale? If so is there a special one u just love? I am about to head out and look at some.
Also how often will u weigh in after surgery?

I don't have a special bathroom scale, but Target has a sale right now. I do have a scale that I keep in my bathroom and I'm currently weighing myself every morning and before I go to bed. We are very close to surgery, I need to be sure to lose these 10 pounds, so far so good.

3 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Does anyone have any good secrets to share about how to stay/feel full on the clear liquid diet part before surgery?

I take naps when I can, and I try to start my first "meal" as late into the day as possible. It's way easier to be hungry in the morning than it is at night. I will wake up at 9 and drink my first shake at noon, then 4, etc. You got this.

Just now, Sammi_Katt said:

I take naps when I can, and I try to start my first "meal" as late into the day as possible. It's way easier to be hungry in the morning than it is at night. I will wake up at 9 and drink my first shake at noon, then 4, etc. You got this.

Are you having sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles as well?

1 minute ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Are you having sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles as well?

I am having Vitamin Water zero once a day to give myself something other than Protein Shake. My diet lets me have a small meal at the end of the day (but I have to do this for two solid weeks), so I am a little luckier than most. There are some days that it was hard for me to get both shakes in just because I'm so tired of artificial sweeteners.

I *do* have sugar free Jello for the post op, though. I also got Protein Bone Broth powder for actual like... Soup. It's bone broth broth (lol) with 10 grams of protein, but that's for after surgery since I'm limited to the two shakes and meal and 64oz minimum water.

43 minutes ago, monicaa90 said:

January 14th Scipps Hospital in San Diego having the bypass. I am excited yet really nervous. This is the first group I join.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

There's a wealth of information on this site for just about any question you may or may not have. Congratulations and welcome to the first graduating class of 2020.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

OMGosh... my surgery is in five days... going into Vegas tomorrow to stay at a hotel and Friday is my appointment for my stress test and stuff... then Monday... *vibrates happily* I'm so scared/happy! ❤️

Just now, Sammi_Katt said:

OMGosh... my surgery is in five days... going into Vegas tomorrow to stay at a hotel and Friday is my appointment for my stress test and stuff... then Monday... *vibrates happily* I'm so scared/happy! ❤️

Have you been able to sleep?