Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Is Your First Fill After Surgery? I am able to eat more food now!!

Hello,

I had my surgery October 24th, and I am not scheduled for my first fill on 12-27!

My surgeon likes patients to wait about eight weeks until the first fill. I am getting hungrier each day. I lost 15 pounds since the surgery, and worried I am will gain the weight back before the fill.

Anyone else waiting for the first fill and getting hungrier each day and able to eat larger quantities of food!:whoo:

This link from Allergan has information on fills on page 12:

http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94163_04_LB_Product_Data_Sheet.pdf

Reading these posts makes me want to cry. I am feeling like a failure and very frustrated - not to mention hungry. I am hungry as soon as I wake up. I'm hungry almost every 2 hours! I tried to stick to three meals a day but that doesn't work for me. So, okay I have to eat more often. But I'm eating slowly and still can eat as much (maybe a little less according to my bf) as I did before being banded (10/1). I'm going in to have a fill today. God I hope they fill me... I'm actually demanding one!!!

What are you guys eating that keeps you full? Protein shakes go right through me. chicken stays around for an hour or so... God I feel so hopeless!!! I think to sum it up I feel out of control and that I have even failed with a surgical procedure for fatties... like there's no hope for me... And if you knew me, you would know that this is soooooo out of character for me. I have always loved who I am and I wanted this surgery more for my body's health than for asthetics. But now I am really looking at myself as a failure for the first time. What's wrong with me!!?? (okay I'm not having a melt down but a patty melt sounds pretty good!!!)

keeping my double chin up!

Julie, there is nothing wrong with you girl. It really sounds like you need a fill. If you are hungry every hour or 2 that is a tell tale sign. How many fills have you had? How much can you consume?

This is will be my first fill. I have a 10cc band and it supposedly has 4cc's in it. I can consume an average size meal. AND!!!... I'm craving sweets for the first time... I've NEVER craved sweets.. I've never even had a cavity! EVER! Even as a kid I didn't do the sweets thing.

I think I've gained back a few of the pounds I lost. Please tell me it gets better.

Reading these posts makes me want to cry. I am feeling like a failure and very frustrated - not to mention hungry...God I feel so hopeless!!! I think to sum it up I feel out of control and that I have even failed with a surgical procedure for fatties... like there's no hope for me... And if you knew me, you would know that this is soooooo out of character for me. I have always loved who I am and I wanted this surgery more for my body's health than for asthetics. But now I am really looking at myself as a failure for the first time. What's wrong with me!!??

Well you just about broke my heart! You aren't a failure. Just getting the surgery was such a brave thing to do. I just had my surgery on 11/15 and after one week of liquids I went straight into eating no problem! Forget two weeks of mushie foods. I've had tacos and quesadillas w/ no trouble! I'm so scared I've stretched out my stomach or messed up a stitch. I realize I have been eating too much. My band won't be filled until mid-December and I'm freaking out! I lost 20 pounds and everytime I start to feel hungry I think, "Well I'm gaining it back already!" I talked with a nurse today and she told me that I should have been on mushie foods even if I could tolerate something more substantial b/c my stitches aren't healed yet. Do you think I've messed up my band?:think

Call your doc and ask for your appointment on ...whatever 6 weeks is.

If they refuse, take your money elsewhere.

Inamed recommends 6weeks...NOT 8.

I had my surgery on November 2nd and my first fill is not until december 21th and yes i am starting to get some hunger but i just try an drink alot of Water keep exercising you can do it

Yes I noticed when I eat fast I tend to eat more. I moved my first fill appointment to Dec. 10th I could not wait. :confused:

I find that two Protein shakes twice a day as suggested by my NUT with soy or skim milk helps curb my hunger between meals.

I discovered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder, which is "medical Protein powder" and I order it online and it is less expensive then buying it at Vitamin shop

I ate a piece of cake yesterday. I was so mad someone brought homemade pound cake to the staff meeting at work, and I wanted to scream!

I had a little piece and felt so ashamed! Have you tried Protein Shakes between meals?

I know it is hard hang in there and we can do it!

I have discovered Fiber One Cereal. At Breakfast I have one egg and a half cup of Fiber One Cereal with skim milk and splenda.

I found that fiber and Protein will hold me longer...I try to fill up on Protein and soft steamed veggies.

This is a bit step for me...before surgery I hit McDonalds in the am on my way to work and had the Deluxe Breakfast.< /p>

I too was banded october 25--a day later than you. My doctor told me he wouldn't do a fill before 8 weeks. However because of Christmas, I was given the choice of December 17 or waiting till January. You better believe I took the December 17 appointment. I have been doing okay during the day, but at dinner and beyond I've been having a terrible time. It is the same thing I struggled with prior to surgery. I went last week and talked to the nutritionist and she told me there is no restriction and that this is the time when you are basically trying to diet like before you had the band. I'm really looking forward to the first fill hoping it will help me stave off some of the hunger I'm feeling. Believe me--I feel for you as I am going through it too, but I have confidence in the long term goal and the wisdom of my doctor. He tells me the first 8 weeks are for healing and the weight will come off once I get some fills. Best of luck to you and know that there are others going through it too!

Hello all! May name is Christine. I live on Long Island, New York & I was banded on November 16. For about 13 days after surgery I was NEVER Hungry(I thought that it was great and lost 18 lbs.) And now i am always hungry! I thought I was the only one that felt this way! Thank God for this posting!

My fill date or if I need one (I will also demand one) is december 28th. I so badly want this to work. I hope we can chat here often so we can help all of us get through this together.

I was told that I should have 6 small meals per day. I am supposed to be on soft foods but have taken a few bites of pizza the other day, a few sips of a cholocate shake and have felt sooo guilty! I know I am fighting an addiction and I should take it day by day but it is so hard!

I am guilty of eating too fast and need to try to eat slower. What do u all do to eat slower?

Can you please share what a daily menu is for this stage? Thanks!

I am going back to the gym this week so maybe that will help.

Take care all and please keep in touch. :confused:

I was banded on Nov. 1st and my post op is 12/11. I don't know if they'll do a fill but I hope so. Sometimes it seems like I can eat more than I want to, especially at night.

starryeyed