Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beginning in Montana

Hi all,

I'm beginning my 2 week pre-op diet today. The stress is beginning to build. Reading on this board I'm feeling like I'm on a faster track than most of you all.

My insurance will pay nothing for this so I went to a day full of appointments on Tuesday and will be banded 12-6. I think if I had 6 months to wait I'd drive myself crazy. Thank goodness for small favors I guess.

Mostly I'm in a constant state of anxious right now. I know this is the best thing. It was all my idea. I did the research, I've read up on everything, it really is what I want to do, but .... now that it's about to be a reality I'm starting to stress.

I am trying to keep this feeling that this is just another diet that I will fail at at bay. When I'm rational and thinking I know that this is going to be the last time I take off weight. I KNOW that I'm going to succeed. However, the emotional side of me that beats me up each time I try to lose is telling me I'm crazy.

I know...I'm not making a lot of sense. Basically, I want to say hello all. I'm going to be lurking and reading alot the next few days since there is no work until Monday. So....Hello!

Twilight

Welcome Twilight!

I felt exactly as you have described before surgery - I think a lot of the people on this board have. But I knew I needed the band to use as a tool to not gain the weight back. I've been successful losing the weight in the past - but never successful at keeping it off. This was a big decision for me, but as my health continued to worsen, and my weight was still rising - I KNEW I had to do something different.

I was banded on Nov 1st and have worked my way through 2 weeks of liquids and am now enjoying mushies. Reading through the threads on this board (old and new) helps me immensely - during research, pre-op and now post-op. There are some bandsters here that I "clicked" with (even though they don't know it! ;) ) and I look for their postings and get lots of help and encouragement from them.

What you are feeling is natural for anyone going to have surgery - but try to think about working with the band and being successful, and improving your health and quality of life.

Best of luck to you!!

Hi Twilight,

I have yet to be banded but wish I were in your shoes. I probably would be nervous too. If and when its my time, I would hope someone would give me support and let me know that I am doing the right thing. Never give up on yourself and not try something new. One of these days we will all get it right or the band will help us get it right. good luck to you. hang in there . the L.B has helped tons of people on here reach their goals and have the life they always wanted.

New beginnings

ps I always wanted to go to Montana and I used to have a horse named Twilight. LOL

I felt the same way before I was banded. Looking back I realize that all that worrying was for nothing. I have a wonderful experience so far with my band and I love it. It's definitely a lifestyle change, but it is so much easier that having to do it alone. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Take care.

Thanks and hi everyone. Today was a better day. I was too busy shopping up a storm to be really hungry with this stupid pre-op diet. Only problem was that I didn't get a chance to even eat the protien I'm really allowed. Stopped by McD's and got a snackwrap and ate the chicken out of it. After I finished that I wished I had bought three more.

Two days down I guess. 11 to go. Hard to believe I'm so close. Monday I go get my blood work done!

Thanks for the welcome