Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you been shopping for new clothes?

Candle - We are in the same boat. I just told my boyfriend that I used to be able to hold up a shirt or a pair of pants and picture exactly what I would look like. NOW! Forget it. I don't have a clue. Fortunately my panties still fit, but I don't think they will for long. And I too have lost weight in my feet. I had to go by new dress shoes because I literally kept walking out of mine! Unfortunately for clothes right now, I am smack in the middle of a size. The plus size clothes are too big :clap2::clap2::whoo: And the regular size clothes are too small at most stores. Go figure.

salsa, you do realize that is a TERRIBLE problem to have! ;-)

I just bought a few things today at Lane Bryant. I think that will be my last time shopping in a plus size store!!!!!!! I bought two pairs of pants .... a 16 & 14 and two 14/16 tops.

Good job, Candle! You're "melting away" (har har har). I realized I'm somewhere just above a 14 right now and it's just not worth buying clothes till I get there, so I've put shopping on hold for awhile. Besides, it would just be more stuff to pack and move in the near future!

Holy cow, am I restricted this time! I'm finally starting to feel back to normal with my tummy rumbles, but I definitely am getting less in and working harder to get there now. Even timy bites of very moist chicken with some gravy to lube it up is sticking on the way down!

I'm not PBing and I can still eat, but holy cow! Those lbs better start falling off me now! I'm sitting right around 213.5-214 this week since Monday but hopefully the numbers will show a difference on Monday.

I'd LOVE to fly out to CA next week knowing I'm under 210 though!

How's everyone else doing this week? Seems like all the posts are going into the exercise thread lately.

Hi Pizzi, sounds like you're doing well though!!! Wow, your interview is coming up fast. I wish you all the best with that!!!

Speaking of new clothes, I bought myself (gasp) a new bathing suit and here's the shocker -- it doesn't look half bad!

Now mind you, I won't be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated anytime soon, but for the first time in a very long time, I am actually feeling okay about wearing a bathing suit in public.

Woo Hoo! That is a major NSV for me!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Congrats Frangi! I'm sure you'll feel great in the warm sand with newfound confidence!

You've got me inspired, so I think I might stop by Target and see what I can find. I've got a workout suit, but I'd love to find something with a bit of a skirt so I don't feel quite so exposed if I go swimming at the hotel next week. It's a shame knee-length swimskirts aren't in fashion!! Maybe I can start a new trend - hmm...

Hey Pizzi,

There is at least one company I know of that does longer skirted swimsuits -- it's called Junonia. Here's the link, but I think their swimwear will be too big for you.

plus size women's swimwear, clothing and activewear at junonia

The brand of swimwear that I just discovered was Gottex. I am now in love with this brand. They make a high quality product and they really seem to understand how to design a swimsuit that flatters a grown woman's figure (and not just perfectly thin women), and they have several cute skirted swimsuits styles. In fact, a skirted swimsuit is what I bought as well.

I obviously spend a lot of time on beaches and see all kinds of bodies in swimwear -- and I think a skirted swimsuit comes about as close as any swimsuit can to being a universally flattering style. It looks great on women of all ages, both slim and not-so-slim.......

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

27/28 Exercise Sessions

(17 Cardio, 4 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Hi everyone. I am glad I found this thread. Here is my dilemma. I have only lost 21.5 lbs, and can I have still fit my pants, sorta in the waist. They aren't that loose. HOWEVER, everywhere else I have lost inches and my pants look like elephant legs, and the bottom is really saggy. How much on average did you have to lose before you went the next size down? I am currently in an 18/20.

thanks

Hi everyone. I am glad I found this thread. Here is my dilemma. I have only lost 21.5 lbs, and can I have still fit my pants, sorta in the waist. They aren't that loose. HOWEVER, everywhere else I have lost inches and my pants look like elephant legs, and the bottom is really saggy. How much on average did you have to lose before you went the next size down? I am currently in an 18/20.

thanks

There were times when I had only lost 5 pounds but the clothes that I bought just didn't fit anymore. The last time I bought clothes I didn't think I would be close to fitting in 10s because I hadn't lost that much weight, but alas, the 12s were WAY too big. I found that I only shopped at thrift stores when I was really losing weight. Now I will splurge and go to department stores because I think my size has stabalized for a little bit (as I sit here in jeans that I have only worn 6 times that are falling off my rear!:biggrin2:). However go to a department store and try on several different things just to see what size you are. You can't go by the sizes at a thrift store because things have shrunk, been altered, etc. But it will help give you an idea of where you are. That was always helpful for me.

Hi Kiah,

Your question is a little tough to answer because a lot of this depends on your shape. I am a pear shape, i.e., I carry the majority of my weight in my hips and legs, so I am dropping blouse sizes much quicker than I am dropping pant sizes.

One thing that has been working very well for me is to wear flowy tunics, blouses, and jackets over silk, linen, or knit bottoms that have elastic waistbands. Thus far, I have been able to get a few months wearing out of each new size because the fit of the bottoms doesn't need to be that precise.

Hope this helps a little -- and congrats on losing 21.5 pounds :thumbup::smile::(!

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

1/30 Exercise Sessions

(1 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 0 Weight training)

weight.png

I finally cut myself loose last week and went shopping -- a little! I'd been pulling out old stuff but (a) some of it wasn't near as "cute" as i remembered, (:angry: some elastics do not store well and are stretched out and © fashions have changed a LOT over the last 5 years!

Anyway, I went to CATO -- if you have one near you, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I found that all of my OLD stuff that WAS still in good shape and looked good was from there.

Take it from a professional seamstress: You cannot beat them for quality at that price. PERIOD! You can find other stores with similar pricing, but I guarantee the quality of the materials and workmanship do NOT compare!

Anyhow, I hit the clearance racks and some of the new stuff. I got a new jean skirt, two tees, a shirt and FIVE jackets for $127. (I wear a lot of jackets because of these 'faux boobs' I've acquired on my BACK!!! UGH!)

I've already given away several boxes of 24 to 30 clothes. Some of it I'm a little sad to see it go, but I solidly in 22s now and dropping! I'm packing up the bulk of them to take to a friend in Dallas next weekend, because I worked long and hard to put together a collection of pieces that could mix and match and make a multitude of outfits and it just seems a shame to dump it at Goodwill or something and all that 'effort' go to waste! Giving it, en masse, to one person just makes me happier.

Almost as happy as buying 18's and 20's!!!!

LOL

Nana, listen to you mourning your big clothes! I can relate, but I'm also happy to let go! I've gone through two rounds of closet cleanout and I think I'll be set for a bit (thanks to friends with hand-me-downs).

I did go to TJ Maxx and found 2 really nice swim dresses by Thigh Slimmers or something like that. It was so flattering (like a little babydoll dress), I bought one in a 16 and one in a 14! They were only $25 each so it wasn't too much of a splurge.

It's supposed to be in the 70's in LA this week, so you KNOW I've got to spend at least a little time at the pool or hot tub!

I did get the San Diego interview scheduled, so I'll be going to both cities this week, and leave Wednesday night - wish me luck!