Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I’m dealing with up and down moods, especially this past week. Things are going well, but I’m just not in a very good mood at all!! I do feel better when I go to Zumba!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on ladies & gents ! My surgeon warned me about feeling depressed after surgery. It can be one of the byproducts initially. This too shall pass & it will. I was on a thread last night on FB & 95% of the people said they’d do the surgery again in a heartbeat. The 1st 2 months can be filled with almost regret but then.... IT PASSES!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chiptress Yes, my NUT teen (so much more informative than my surgeon) told me too! I hit the stall wall and had some moments (plus I’m also on a Debt diet lol so no going too many hangout spots!)..I am sooo happy I had the surgery! Thanks for the encouragement..btw, which Facebook group? I’d love to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lot of people seem to experience a "hormone dump" in the weeks after surgery. Maybe it's that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/18/2019 at 09:07, Goldn02Grl said:

@chiptress Yes, my NUT teen (so much more informative than my surgeon) told me too! I hit the stall wall and had some moments (plus I’m also on a Debt diet lol so no going too many hangout spots!)..I am sooo happy I had the surgery! Thanks for the encouragement..btw, which Facebook group? I’d love to join.

Bariatric surgery support; Bariatric kitchen; Bariatric mind masters and Bariatric social. They are private fb groups that you ask to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's very common. It will pass! Do mindful things for yourself to help get through it!

1. Sunlight every day--exercise/walk outside if you can and also supp Vitamin D and Vit C.

2. EXERCISE hard every day--walk fast if that's all you got.

3. Eat healthy! Maintain good control over what goes down your piehole and cut out any crap if you're eating it. IT helps you feel successful.

4. Watch comedies. Laugh a lot.

5. Deep breathe--especially when you're in the middle of an episode of sadness. Google Four Square Breathing.

6. Develop a network of friends and likeminded people.

7. Get a creative outlet, even if it's coloring on your mobile phone!

8. Get enough sleep! Work on developing good sleep hygiene so you really get deep sleep.

9. Focus on happy thoughts, on the future, on victory.

10. Stand in front of your mirror in a super hero pose for 60 seconds each day and imagine yourself winning the day and being happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/18/2019 at 09:55, FluffyChix said:



Yes, it's very common. It will pass! Do mindful things for yourself to help get through it!




1. Sunlight every day--exercise/walk outside if you can and also supp Vitamin D and Vit C.




2. EXERCISE hard every day--walk fast if that's all you got.




3. Eat healthy! Maintain good control over what goes down your piehole and cut out any crap if you're eating it. IT helps you feel successful.




4. Watch comedies. Laugh a lot.




5. Deep breathe--especially when you're in the middle of an episode of sadness. Google Four Square Breathing.




6. Develop a network of friends and likeminded people.




7. Get a creative outlet, even if it's coloring on your mobile phone!




8. Get enough sleep! Work on developing good sleep hygiene so you really get deep sleep.< br />




9. Focus on happy thoughts, on the future, on victory.




10. Stand in front of your mirror in a super hero pose for 60 seconds each day and imagine yourself winning the day and being happy.


Great suggestions! Ty!! Watching a comedy always puts me in a good mood 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Chiptress said:

Great suggestions! Ty!! Watching a comedy always puts me in a good mood 😄

Laughter releases endorphins and oxytocin (the feel good hormone). :) So does crying btw...but I'd rather laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good suggestions above, but it can also help to find a therapist to talk through all the changes you're going through of those don't work. Mine specializes in weight loss issues and has really helped me a lot. Granted, my depression was compounded by some unfortunate complications and serious regret, but I think we all can benefit from a little mental check in every now and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/18/2019 at 10:30, notmyname said:



Good suggestions above, but it can also help to find a therapist to talk through all the changes you're going through of those don't work. Mine specializes in weight loss issues and has really helped me a lot. Granted, my depression was compounded by some unfortunate complications and serious regret, but I think we all can benefit from a little mental check in every now and again.


I started going to therapy once I decided on the surgery. I have found out many reasons why I obsess about food & eating. I’m also working on my goals going forward & what I want my life to look like & how to not regain the weight. It’s the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find a therapist who specializes in DBT (dialectical behavior therapy). I go to individual once a week and a group skills class (to learn the coping skills) once a week. They are out of network with my insurance however they worked with me for what I can afford for the copay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really lost it Wednesday after having 4 hours of sleep, going to the neighborhood pharmacy (husband drove me there and back, and taking a shower 1 week out from surgery. I couldn’t stop crying. I listened to some of my fav songs before going to bed. It helped until tonight when hubby went to Red Lobster. I’m still mad at him. I’m totally irrational. I’m full and he wanted to go out. He didn’t even tell me where he went until I looked at his all of his leftovers in the fridge. I wish I could control my emotions better. Thanks for the tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • *Meaghan*

      I met with my surgeon on Friday.. I've completed all my tests and all my nutrition meetings as well as meeting the weight loss requirements for my insurance. We are officially submitting to insurance for approval and I was given a surgery date of January 16th 2020 (13 days before my birthday!) Fingers crossed all goes through 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Ok, now im getting old...my body gets me up at my normal 5am dog walk even when it's the weekend, vacation, and most importantly when I'm sick. So now that I have more energy, my body wants to make sure I suffer even longer during the day when I have a cold! Damn being healthy again! (:D)
      · 1 reply
      1. UphoseDep

        http://dev.x3dt.info/forum/profile.php?id=18137 ai us palm

    • GreenTealael

      At my Primary Physician appt, the Doc said you know you lost a whole person. When you started seeing me you were 265lbs now you're 148lbs.
      She's right... I lost the fun me 😂 Joking Joking Joking. It's amazing who keeps track when you don't like insurance and browsers feeds
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        I think you're fun! You must have been a firecracker before!

      2. GreenTealael

        I don't even drink anymore 😂

    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Dietitian scheduled 11/18
      Mental Evaluation scheduled 11/18
      OMG we moving forward
      All things working toward my Dec 9th surgery date!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×