Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m dealing with up and down moods, especially this past week. Things are going well, but I’m just not in a very good mood at all!! I do feel better when I go to Zumba!

Hang on ladies & gents ! My surgeon warned me about feeling depressed after surgery. It can be one of the byproducts initially. This too shall pass & it will. I was on a thread last night on FB & 95% of the people said they’d do the surgery again in a heartbeat. The 1st 2 months can be filled with almost regret but then.... IT PASSES!!!!

@chiptress Yes, my NUT teen (so much more informative than my surgeon) told me too! I hit the stall wall and had some moments (plus I’m also on a Debt diet lol so no going too many hangout spots!)..I am sooo happy I had the surgery! Thanks for the encouragement..btw, which Facebook group? I’d love to join.

a lot of people seem to experience a "hormone dump" in the weeks after surgery. Maybe it's that??

On 08/18/2019 at 09:07, Goldn02Grl said:

@chiptress Yes, my NUT teen (so much more informative than my surgeon) told me too! I hit the stall wall and had some moments (plus I’m also on a Debt diet lol so no going too many hangout spots!)..I am sooo happy I had the surgery! Thanks for the encouragement..btw, which Facebook group? I’d love to join.

Bariatric surgery support; Bariatric kitchen; Bariatric mind masters and Bariatric social. They are private fb groups that you ask to join.

Yes, it's very common. It will pass! Do mindful things for yourself to help get through it!

1. Sunlight every day--exercise/walk outside if you can and also supp Vitamin D and Vit C.

2. EXERCISE hard every day--walk fast if that's all you got.

3. Eat healthy! Maintain good control over what goes down your piehole and cut out any crap if you're eating it. IT helps you feel successful.

4. Watch comedies. Laugh a lot.

5. Deep breathe--especially when you're in the middle of an episode of sadness. Google Four Square Breathing.

6. Develop a network of friends and likeminded people.

7. Get a creative outlet, even if it's coloring on your mobile phone!

8. Get enough sleep! Work on developing good sleep hygiene so you really get deep sleep.

9. Focus on happy thoughts, on the future, on victory.

10. Stand in front of your mirror in a super hero pose for 60 seconds each day and imagine yourself winning the day and being happy.

On 08/18/2019 at 09:55, FluffyChix said:

Yes, it's very common. It will pass! Do mindful things for yourself to help get through it!

1. Sunlight every day--exercise/walk outside if you can and also supp Vitamin D and Vit C.

2. EXERCISE hard every day--walk fast if that's all you got.

3. Eat healthy! Maintain good control over what goes down your piehole and cut out any crap if you're eating it. IT helps you feel successful.

4. Watch comedies. Laugh a lot.

5. Deep breathe--especially when you're in the middle of an episode of sadness. Google Four Square Breathing.

6. Develop a network of friends and likeminded people.

7. Get a creative outlet, even if it's coloring on your mobile phone!

8. Get enough sleep! Work on developing good sleep hygiene so you really get deep sleep.< br />

9. Focus on happy thoughts, on the future, on victory.

10. Stand in front of your mirror in a super hero pose for 60 seconds each day and imagine yourself winning the day and being happy.

Great suggestions! Ty!! Watching a comedy always puts me in a good mood 😄

Just now, Chiptress said:

Great suggestions! Ty!! Watching a comedy always puts me in a good mood 😄

Laughter releases endorphins and oxytocin (the feel good hormone). :) So does crying btw...but I'd rather laugh.

Good suggestions above, but it can also help to find a therapist to talk through all the changes you're going through of those don't work. Mine specializes in weight loss issues and has really helped me a lot. Granted, my depression was compounded by some unfortunate complications and serious regret, but I think we all can benefit from a little mental check in every now and again.

On 08/18/2019 at 10:30, notmyname said:

Good suggestions above, but it can also help to find a therapist to talk through all the changes you're going through of those don't work. Mine specializes in weight loss issues and has really helped me a lot. Granted, my depression was compounded by some unfortunate complications and serious regret, but I think we all can benefit from a little mental check in every now and again.

I started going to therapy once I decided on the surgery. I have found out many reasons why I obsess about food & eating. I’m also working on my goals going forward & what I want my life to look like & how to not regain the weight. It’s the best!

Find a therapist who specializes in DBT (dialectical behavior therapy). I go to individual once a week and a group skills class (to learn the coping skills) once a week. They are out of network with my insurance however they worked with me for what I can afford for the copay.

I really lost it Wednesday after having 4 hours of sleep, going to the neighborhood pharmacy (husband drove me there and back, and taking a shower 1 week out from surgery. I couldn’t stop crying. I listened to some of my fav songs before going to bed. It helped until tonight when hubby went to Red Lobster. I’m still mad at him. I’m totally irrational. I’m full and he wanted to go out. He didn’t even tell me where he went until I looked at his all of his leftovers in the fridge. I wish I could control my emotions better. Thanks for the tips.