Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What meats are you eating 6 weeks post op

I am six weeks out and am only eating tuna (including ahi tuna) and ham. I have heard too many people say that chicken is too dry and roast beef is too tough. I will wait a few weeks before attempting them.

Hi, I’m eating baked chicken, lean lunch meat with low sodium, tuna, salmon, sardines, and chicken sausage. And I’m doing very well with these, 2-3 oz portions. No vomiting ever.

Hope this helps.

Hi-

I have been able to eat shrimp, fish, chicken, turkey and ham. I really haven't had any issues with any of them, so far at least! :)

I was able to eat all meats at that stage. I haven’t really struggled with any which is a complete contrast to when I had my band

I have been able to eat shrimp, fish, soft chicken, and chop meat. The chop meat sits the best for me. I asked my doctor about it, knowing the chop meat isnt the best choice. He said it's fine as long as I use the 90 or 95% lean meat. I also have had a baked turkey lunch meat that also sits well.

I know it's not meat, but string cheese also sits well.

tuna hurts my stomach. I havent tried steak or roast.

I am just over 2 1/2 months our and I am eating chicken prepared in my slow cooker, deli ham and ground meat. Anything else sits on my stomach heavy and it is not a good feeling.

24 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

I am just over 2 1/2 months our and I am eating chicken prepared in my slow cooker, deli ham and ground meat. Anything else sits on my stomach heavy and it is not a good feeling.

I am able to basically eat the same but have seemed to only stick to salmon and softer foods for some reason. I think it's just mostly taste at the moment.

At six weeks post-op I was same as now (7 months post-op) and could eat chicken and hamburger, salmon, and tuna. I still can't eat steak or sausage.

And at the other sad end of the spectrum, 10.5 Months since Surgery---Precious Pouch still says" No Thank You" to meats, very occasionally I can fool her by puree- ing the Snarf out of them and trying to pass them into my Soups, but she is smarter than an egg- shaped piece of Gastric Flesh ought to be, she is only a semi- benevolent dictator. So what Protein stays down I have had to get creative about, started shopping over on the Vegan side of the Store, oh yes in my ❤of❤I might still be carnivorous but in practice not so much. And maybe a coincidence, but no Migraines since her Reign of Terror started, mayhaps I am more healthy and less sickened physiologically? Who would have thunk? Accept it for what it is worth, that is the Frustr8 Motto of The Day now.

I have had shrimp, scallops, seared tuna, salmon, cod, dark meat chicken (Rotisserie), lean meatloaf, roast, lean sausage, stewed lamb. So I have had a lot of the meats. The only one that sat heavy and did not give me a good feeling was the roast. We chose a lean roast and cut fat off but it was still to much. Everything else has been great. I would also say that a boiled egg has left me feeling a little less than stellar.

12 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I can fool her by puree- ing the Snarf out of them

Snarf. Giggle. I'm gonna have to steal that word. (Gawd Im such a kid...at heart.)

Hi im 7weeks post op and was wondering how big are the portions supposed to be? Is it 3 oz of chicken and veggies every couples hours or am i supposed to be grazzing all day or eatting 3 distict food times and no snack? ?

Are almonds aloud to be eattin at this time??

Having issue with what i can eat. I hate cooking dinner everyday so finding i dont sit down have a meal i grazz and snack on alot of dumb things so not sure what im supposed to be doing .. any advice is welcomed!!

What does every one eat for Breakfast? I cant do Protein Drinks so all i have is an egg it makes u sick of it after a while.

I'm also at 7 weeks. You should recheck with you doctor as I have found that every doctor has a very different approach. I am not to be grazing at all. It's a habit I was told to eradicate while my appetite and hunger are practically non existent. I was told to have one 2 to 4 oz protien meal a day and 2 shakes a day for another 2 to 3 months. The "meal" right now should consist of lean protien. Like a soft piece of chicken ,fish or a lean meatball. And that's it. Now I cant lie and say I've stuck to that 100%. I am doing a lot of exercise and I eat a string cheese stick or a teaspoon of Peanut Butter before my workout.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:39 AM, BlueAngelEyes said:

Having issue with what i can eat. I hate cooking dinner everyday so finding i dont sit down have a meal i grazz and snack on alot of dumb things so not sure what im supposed to be doing .. any advice is welcomed!!

What does every one eat for Breakfast? I cant do Protein Drinks so all i have is an egg it makes u sick of it after a while.

Since Im a teacher on summer vacation, I dont have much of set schedule for eating. In fact, it's only my dogs that have a regular eating time and that's only cuz they very loudly remind me. But to make sure that im keeping control over what I eat, I keep a food journal in a standard papper calendar. (It was this year's New Year's Resolution and probably the only one Ive ever kept.)

Oddly enough I kinda liked the Meal Replacement shakes and have one for breakfast. I hate (am not very good at) cooking as well, but recently Ive gotten into omelettes which has become my go to meal. They are really perfect WLS meal. You can put any sort of Protein in it and any veg you have handy as well. So by adding protein to eggs you get protein on protein. So far Ive used salmon for one and lamb sausages for another.

Edited by Krestel