Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Absolutely gorgeous - the dress & your daughter. You’re so talented. So few people know how to sew on a button these days let alone make a dress as beautiful as this.

I used to make gowns to wear to B&S balls (bachelor & spinster balls in country Australia. Would go for two days & involve copious drinking & very little dancing.) Went to a few when I was teaching in central Queensland back in the day.

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Absolutely gorgeous - the dress & your daughter. You’re so talented. So few people know how to sew on a button these days let alone make a dress as beautiful as this.

I used to make gowns to wear to B&S balls (bachelor & spinster balls in country Australia. Would go for two days & involve copious drinking & very little dancing.) Went to a few when I was teaching in central Queensland back in the day.

Thanks! It was more work than I wanted because I’ve become a lazy tailor 🤣

Edited by GreenTealael

been going to the pilates studio almost everyday now (a few times ive gone twice a day, thats how addicted i am to it).

got tired of washing the same 4 pairs of yoga pants every few days, so decided to buy some new ones!

got these babies in 5 colours (black, pink, blue, red and these brown ones)...for $10 each! bonus NSV: finding my size in abundance in the clearance section! win!

...now i gotta buy some new tops..

On 5/4/2024 at 3:43 PM, ms.sss said:

been going to the pilates studio almost everyday now (a few times ive gone twice a day, thats how addicted i am to it).

got tired of washing the same 4 pairs of yoga pants every few days, so decided to buy some new ones!

got these babies in 5 colours (black, pink, blue, red and these brown ones)...for $10 each! bonus NSV: finding my size in abundance in the clearance section! win!

...now i gotta buy some new tops..

Are they comfortable?
Also Ive been doing at home pilates recently. I’m thinking about joining a studio but idk if I enjoy it. If you have tried the at home workouts, How do they compare?

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Are they comfortable?
Also Ive been doing at home pilates recently. I’m thinking about joining a studio but idk if I enjoy it. If you have tried the at home workouts, How do they compare?

well the biggest difference is that home pilates for me is just MAT pilates (i don't own a reformer, but am seriously looking into getting one based upon on the dact that i spend a ridiculous amount of dough for the studios)

i prefer reformer pilates so yeah, i'll go into the studio. i will say though that mat pilates are more challenging, but reformer is more FUN.

On 4/22/2024 at 12:59 PM, GreenTealael said:

I have been consumed with all things High school these days. My teen’s prom was this weekend and of course she couldn’t make up her mind on a dress. By the time she decided everything was either sold out, not in her size or would take too long to ship. She asked me to make the dress. Here’s the reference and the final product.

0B2DA325-607A-43C4-912F-2E7F55F8C708.jpeg

That dress is amazing and she looks beautiful in it. You've done your daughter proud.

On 5/23/2024 at 6:10 PM, Spinoza said:

That dress is amazing and she looks beautiful in it. You've done your daughter proud.

Thank you!

Boho vibe outfit for a family gathering. The dress was new but the breezy tassel shawl I bought (impulsively) about a year ago and is easily one of my favorite accessories.

802FA781-E173-491A-BE94-C3AB552CBE0E.jpeg

90% of my OOTD's is workout gear...sorry!

i've been back on the exercise train for past 9 months...but have been riding the bullet train for the past 3. this is where it got me so far. check out my muscles! they've grown!

am also adding a side-ish view to show off the tiny lump of a butt that i've cultivated. so i figure 100 gazzillion more squats/lunges/leg kicks/bridges/clams, etc and i could have a regular looking a$$!! 😂

On 6/7/2024 at 6:39 PM, ms.sss said:

90% of my OOTD's is workout gear...sorry!

i've been back on the exercise train for past 9 months...but have been riding the bullet train for the past 3. this is where it got me so far. check out my muscles! they've grown!

am also adding a side-ish view to show off the tiny lump of a butt that i've cultivated. so i figure 100 gazzillion more squats/lunges/leg kicks/bridges/clams, etc and i could have a regular looking a$$!! 😂

That’s more than a tiny lump!!! Looking fit 😝

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

It’s that time of year again! Sister’s hooding ceremony and daughter’s High School graduation 🥰

i had to Google "hooding ceremony"...yay Sis! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

and also CONGRTULATIONS to GT's mini-me!

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

i had to Google "hooding ceremony"...yay Sis! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

and also CONGRTULATIONS to GT's mini-me!

Now she’s taller than me 🥲

Love that red dress on you @GreenTealael. Congratulations to your sister & daughter. What field did your sister study? Is your daughter looking at heading off to uni too next?

I’m always the shortest in my family. Well actually not any more - my mum has shrunk almost 5 inches so is 2 inches shorter than me now. Yay!

23 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Love that red dress on you @GreenTealael. Congratulations to your sister & daughter. What field did your sister study? Is your daughter looking at heading off to uni too next?

I’m always the shortest in my family. Well actually not any more - my mum has shrunk almost 5 inches so is 2 inches shorter than me now. Yay!

Thanks! The dress was really nice but as usual I can’t get anyone to take decent full length pic of me.

Sister was studying management and daughter is nervous but excited for college.