Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

I would give it at least 2-3 weeks to heal. Thats how long it took me. Trust me guys, it will be worth it. I was miserable and regretted the surgery. I had a BMI of >35, so was self pay. I was a cranky man.

Btw.. think I am on my first stall- 3 days and the scale hasn't moved. Honestly I am ok. I am having a tough time explaining the weight loss.

I'm 22 days post OP and have lost 18 lbs to date. My diet currently consist of 2 Premier Protein shakes a day and 1/2 cup of baked or grilled chicken. I'm able to get in 50 to 60oz of Water a day and I do 264 stair steps a day. I've only lost 2 lbs this week, thought it would be more. The nurse says to increase my Protein and water but it's so hard. After a few bites I am already full. Just wondering what I can do to lose more weight. I have alot going on right now and have no time to excercise more than the stairs. I hope I'm on the right track and doing what I should be doing.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 248
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

12 minutes ago, Flo-grown said:

Just wondering what I can do to lose more weight. I have alot going on right now and have no time to excercise more than the stairs. I hope I'm on the right track and doing what I should be doing. 

I'm no expert but from what I'm seeing in this thread 18-20lbs seems to be more or less the average for where you're at, with the sleeve. The RNY folks seem a bit further on, and of course everyone loses at their own rate.

I'm 23 days post op and I'm eating about the same: today was a Protein Drink, a yogurt, and a 2.5oz tuna pouch with 3 parmesan crisps. I'm doing 1-2 hours of walking a day for exercise.

20 pounds in a month is pretty great, so I definitely wouldn't sweat it too hard.

PS: Eating Protein Shakes with milk is a good way to start the day already 31g up on Protein. I use Syntrax's Cappucino with 1% milk and it's a huge help—plus not horrid tasting.

Edited by darcyjae

I'm no expert but from what I'm seeing in this thread 18-20lbs seems to be more or less the average for where you're at, with the sleeve. The RNY folks seem a bit further on, and of course everyone loses at their own rate.
I'm 23 days post op and I'm eating about the same: today was a Protein Drink, a yogurt, and a 2.5oz tuna pouch with 3 parmesan crisps. I'm doing 1-2 hours of walking a day for exercise.
20 pounds in a month is pretty great, so I definitely wouldn't sweat it too hard.
PS: Eating Protein Shakes with milk is a good way to start the day already 31g up on Protein. I use Syntrax's Cappucino with 1% milk and it's a huge help—plus not horrid tasting.
Thanks for the suggestion and the advice. I manage a team of 35 and work long 12-13 hr days which doesn't leave much time for exercise. I do walk alot while at work. I've been trying to cut back my hours so I can dedicate 1 or 2 hours a day walking/exercising. It's just so much to do and not much time [emoji852].

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 248
GW 135

4 weeks post op and still have only lost 15 lbs. A bit depressed about that. Am on soft foods, but nervous about what that calorie 'increase" (from 100-300 first 2 weeks post op) to 300-400 in first puree week..now soft foods I'm more at 400 to 600 (actually hit 700 the other day and almost panicked) is going to do to my loss.

I asked my dr's office for target macros and they said not to worry about them right now, to just ensure I'm getting in the Water and Protein. I am a person who is very data driven and I don't trust my unhealthy ways of coping with food not to come rearing its ugly head. I'm not 'recovered' from my food addiction. I'm "in recovery" and I know all too much about relapses and just how long it can take to have a true long and sustainable track record to back up that "recovery".

I am actively seeking a therapist closer to me as I have a lot of headwork that still needs to be done...perhaps more now than prior to surgery. My car is no longer reliable so have a therapist super close to the North Fort Worth area is critical. Need them to be skilled at working with WLS clients and I need help with grief...and trauma.

I'm so happy to be part of the July siblings group! I've 'met' so many amazing ppl on here (as well as those that I also adore that aren't part of my 'sibling group'.

Best wishes everyone!

4 weeks post op and still have only lost 15 lbs. A bit depressed about that. Am on soft foods, but nervous about what that calorie 'increase" (from 100-300 first 2 weeks post op) to 300-400 in first puree week..now soft foods I'm more at 400 to 600 (actually hit 700 the other day and almost panicked) is going to do to my loss.
I asked my dr's office for target macros and they said not to worry about them right now, to just ensure I'm getting in the Water and Protein. I am a person who is very data driven and I don't trust my unhealthy ways of coping with food not to come rearing its ugly head. I'm not 'recovered' from my food addiction. I'm "in recovery" and I know all too much about relapses and just how long it can take to have a true long and sustainable track record to back up that "recovery".
I am actively seeking a therapist closer to me as I have a lot of headwork that still needs to be done...perhaps more now than prior to surgery. My car is no longer reliable so have a therapist super close to the North Fort Worth area is critical. Need them to be skilled at working with WLS clients and I need help with grief...and trauma.
I'm so happy to be part of the July siblings group! I've 'met' so many amazing ppl on here (as well as those that I also adore that aren't part of my 'sibling group'.
Best wishes everyone!

My doc said the same, focus on Protein and Water. I was hoping to lose more than I've lost by now but I understand it won't happen overnight. I'm keeping myself busy and trying not to pay close attention to the numbers.i hope you find a good therapist close to you!

Xxx

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 248
GW 135