Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Favorite Products

Looking at the Jerky that @Orchids&Dragons recommended now. Trying to see which one has the lowest amount of carbs even though I know jerky is something I used to eat when doing Keto before surgery.

They definitely sound DELICIOUS, the Protein is awesome and the calories are low enough!

My youngest daughter and I..even though we never exercised (well, I swam) before my WLS, are doing what we have learned is basically called 'day hiking'. I'd like to have something I can put in our little pack to take with us and I think @AngieBear also mentioned putting some type of snack like this in as she was going hiking.

I need to follow this thread as it has given me so many ideas. I'm getting a little tired of the same 4 to 5 things..lol

You guys are so awesome. Such amazing ideas and willingness to share!!

We get these at costco, I can’t believe they are so low in calories. I usually can finish 1/2 of one which is great if I get hungry in between meals. I used a ruler to show how big one stick/serving is. Edited to add, these are not Jerky.

Brand is Greenridge Farm.

3B8D1379-CD48-44FA-94C7-6AB11D6A0B61.jpeg

039D4C20-63CD-42FF-9ABE-26B245D05EB3.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

How have I missed this thread?!?

I am generally pretty intolerant of healthier subs for items (I'm looking at you Halo Top & Shirataki Noodles 😝) Despite that, I actually love the edamame and soybean Pasta from Aldi. They have a different texture, and different taste than traditional pasta. But they are completely inoffensive. The Protein in them is FANTASTIC.

Image result for aldi edamame pasta

Image result for aldi edamame pasta

I went to Aldi for the first time in my life last night, I had no idea they also owned Trader Joe’s!

6 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I went to Aldi for the first time in my life last night, I had no idea they also owned Trader Joe’s!

Whaaa?? They are HQ'd in your neck of the woods!

Actually Aldi USA & TJ's are separate companies. Confusingly they are both owned by a German Aldi, but different ones, Aldi Sud & Aldi Nord.

This explains it better than I can:

https://www.aldireviewer.com/aldi-trader-joes-related/

(Sorry, I'm a grocery nerd, it's the industry I am in :blush:)

6 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Lol I just googled it, I live 4 miles from their corporate HQ, no clue. I learn something new everyday!

I am only 1 mile from a store.

This is going to sound bad. I thought it was a discount grocery store with off brands expired food and dented cans.

My college son worked at Fresh Market for 2 years, (recently quit) He said: I’m not sure what my major is, but it is not going to be grocery store related! They think they know it all at 20.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Too Too Funny- Kudos to Your Son- must have gotten his smartness, his brilliance from MAMA!

And maybe His Wit Too!

14 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Wait, Aldi’s HQ is not only 4 miles from me but is in the same town! This is pretty much a bedroom community with a population of around 27k. Looking back I have noticed they sponsor some community events, but I figured it was just the store not the corporation. I’ve lived here 6-7 years.

They either keep a pretty low profile around here or I am oblivious.

Ok, I just asked college kid, he looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told him I didn’t know.

I’m going to ask my husband tonight, I really hope he doesn’t know so I’ll feel better.

3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Wait, Aldi’s HQ is not only 4 miles from me but is in the same town! This is pretty much a bedroom community with a population of around 27k. Looking back I have noticed they sponsor some community events, but I figured it was just the store not the corporation. I’ve lived here 6-7 years.

They either keep a pretty low profile around here or I am oblivious.

Ok, I just asked college kid, he looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told him I didn’t know.

I’m going to ask my husband tonight, I really hope he doesn’t know so I’ll feel better.

🤣 Probably a combo! I'd say they are generally a pretty low profile company,

On 9/19/2019 at 5:41 PM, sillykitty said:

🤣 Probably a combo! I'd say they are generally a pretty low profile company,

Funny huh! They are definitely not low key here (uk) They are everywhere as is their competitor Lidl! Thanks for the ideas guys getting some edamame sketti :D

I’m Canadian but if you guys have a sweet tooth I’d try:

- Smart Sweets: candy made from tapioca that tastes better than the real thing. Loaded with fiver so the carbs are just nonexistent

- Mid day squares: brownies that taste epic as hell. Gluten free and vegan too for our ultra conscientious friends :)

On 9/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, sillykitty said:

Probably a combo! I'd say they are generally a pretty low profile company,

So, I asked my husband, his reply: I just told you yesterday that Aldi’s was the biggest client we have now on xyz. (He is on the board of xyz) I need to start paying attention to life.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, sillykitty said:

(Sorry, I'm a grocery nerd, it's the industry I am in :blush:

Ironically I work in the software development field and am usually working with ERP & warehouse systems, especially those used by grocery stores - although right now we are selling more in Europe. Just finished testing an enhancement to allow picks to grocery store 'grid patterns'. I actually love supply chain logistics..it is fascinating :)

My family rolls their eyes as I get so excited when I pass a huge warehouse and am busily trying to count the # of dock doors they have...and don't get me started on my passion for barcoding. I think my family plans to put me away some day...but I truly love what I do.

Edited by KarenLR75