Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obesity Explained (Also Insulin Resistance and Diabetes Aeteology)

This YouTube by Dr. Jason Fung is one of the most fascinating and interesting theories on obesity that I've come across to date. I don't post this in order to persuade people to go "low carb" or "keto" or to being IF (intermittent fasting). I'm posting it because it explains pretty logically how we've developed the disease of morbid obesity and why insulin resistance and diabetes are a pandemic. He also gives a couple of hints about how to reverse it (in practice), but he said the longer someone has been obese, the harder it is to lose the weight and keep it off.

So, uh, maybe we are victims of hormonal shananigans? What if the food industry, WHO, et al, in partnership with our hormones combined with our gut-brain axis HAVE conspired to get us and keep us fat? Will becoming aware of our conditions and the "cure" cause us to maybe take a second look at how we view food and "treating ourselves" with small portions of "everything in moderation" when it's the exact same food that led us to becoming obese morbidly obese the first time around? Is the answer in changing our relationship with food--awareness?

What do y'all think?

I think our ADA and government along with the food industry wants to keep us helpless. Not only about diabetes, but about the progressive worsening fate of obesity. Our WLS is a tool, but it takes our action to use that tool correctly and with the proper foods. Right? Whatever that "proper" meal plan is for you long term.

Here's the Lie:

image.png.8cdd426dfa501f3f35cb2414df0e429d.png

Edited by FluffyChix

I've met Jason he is great and I met the diet Dr. So much info out there about how we have all become so fat, sad state of affairs really. Still, people out there saying the current food pyramid is the correct one. Prof Tim Noakes said the current 'old school' head honchos would have to kick the bucket before we see proper changes to how our diets are managed/promoted because they are paid huge amounts by big pharma. The whole thing is a huge mess. Even with NO medical background anyone with half a brain can see that treating diabetes with high sugar foods then administering insulin to lower that sugar level makes absolutely no sense and the longer you do it the more and more sugar lowering meds you need! CRAZY!

Oh wow, now finally someone "explains" obesity and enlightens the masses! WOOHOOO!!!!

Well, a few too many claimed to have "it all sorted out" and "being able to provide a solution to the crisis" in the past. I wonder what the big hype will be 5 years from now. 🙄

Great videos...