Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my bypass surgery 04/25/2019. It was one of the happiest and best decisions made. My depression comes from the weight loss I started at 308. and now 285. I walk everyday I work out and eat what it says in my booklet. My weight is not moving, is this normal?

Did you get the sleeve or RNY??

I had sleeve 2 5 yrs ago and am waiting for approval from the insurance company for RNY revision surgery due to reflux.

I have heard several people who had RNY revision surgery have an early stall but some are not getting enough calories in as well.

Hopefully you will start losing again soon.

If you're concerned about it call your Nutritionist and ask questions about your food intake and fluids. They may have suggestions for you.

Good luck,

Allie in SC

Thanks so much. The nutritionist has given me a book I follow everyday. I work out drink Water, I don't cheat, its frustrating. I will continue to work hard.

Torie, It's early and your weight loss so far is excellent. I know firsthand how you feel. I want it to be faster and I compare myself to other people. I can eat more now and it's scary, but my weight is slowly going down.

I know that it will keep going down for you as well. Have faith and give it time. Let us know how you do!

My best to you💕

Edited by gabybab

almost everyone, sleeve or bypass, has their first stall within the first month after surgery. We call it "the three week stall" because it usually happens during week 3, but not always. Mine was weeks 2 and 3. Lost nothing. Then during week 4, I dropped like 6-8 lbs practically overnight. Do a search on the three week stall and you'll find HUNDREDS of posts on it. Just stick to your program and the stall will break. I promise.

There's an infamous Week 4 stall that nearly everybody goes through. It's normal. No worries. Let the stalls happen and the weight will get moving afterward. Your body just went through a major trauma. It's trying to catch up.

You’ve lost 23 lbs in less than a month. This isn’t an issue with WLS, it’s an issue of having unrealistic expectations

53 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You’ve lost 23 lbs in less than a month. This isn’t an issue with WLS, it’s an issue of having unrealistic expectations

This cannot be said enough. I don't know why so many expect to drop all their weight in the first month postop.

I concur, not only is it unrealistic, it's unhealthy. The body has gone through a serious surgery and a major change... Give it GRACE! It will regulate and adjust accordingly. This process is NEVER just all about losing the weight or how rapidly. It is an external and internal transformation to be savored and appreciated...

Bill Gates said;
"Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world.....if you do so, you are insulting yourself."
We all are on our own path , some of us travel faster, some at a slower rate. What is important is you are traveli,g at a Tori Faye rate whole I travel at a Frustr8 pace, none of us hit our milestones at exactly the same time. Don't be sad for all the things you aren't achieving yet, be proud of yourself for how far you have come!
I have a constant battle with the Cloudy Monster of Depression, I have hung myself up with all the " "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda", reliving the sorrows of yesterday sucks the Joy right out of Today. Keep safe on your path, Tori Faye, you will make it to future victory as I will also!😝

2 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

This cannot be said enough. I don't know why so many expect to drop all their weight in the first month postop.

I think a lot of people's expectations are based on "My 600 lb Life" . Yea, at that starting weight, you're going to drop a crap ton of weight the first month. But for the average WLS patient, who starts off at 200-400 lbs, no.

almost everyone, sleeve or bypass, has their first stall within the first month after surgery. We call it "the three week stall" because it usually happens during week 3, but not always. Mine was weeks 2 and 3. Lost nothing. Then during week 4, I dropped like 6-8 lbs practically overnight. Do a search on the three week stall and you'll find HUNDREDS of posts on it. Just stick to your program and the stall will break. I promise.

Thank you for this i am doing everything right too and not losing a thing..

Sent from my VS986 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, Tracydawn said:

Thank you for this i am doing everything right too and not losing a thing..

You have lost 19 lbs in 6 weeks ....