Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend/family heavy??

18 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

30 lbs less than him now... he’s trying to clean up his diet now to lose some.

@insta_adventurer

you rock girl

now he has to catch you again, like he did years ago😉

keep up the good work

kathy

My DH is a full foot taller than me (he's 6'4'') and is high in the overweight category. He put on some weight after we got married 12 years ago and it's stayed. He still sees himself as the stringbean 17 year old with pipe cleaner arms, so he doesn't see a huge need to lose weight. I refuse to police his food choices though. I do 99.9% of the cooking, so that helps him a bit. His family has this tradition of 'bed lunch' which means a mini meal just before bed (usually a Peanut Butter sandwich for him) which has always thrown me, and he's working on cutting that out. I'm hopeful that when he sees me losing some significant weight he might be inspired to make some further changes (if for no other reason that it might lessen his snoring!). :)

On 3/20/2019 at 10:48 AM, NYJenn said:

I'm stronger then tagalongs ...it's all good

Absolutely 💖

This thread has me laughing. My hubs lost after my surgery in 2015 and now is backed up where he began - plans to lose 50 pounds at the gym between having a beer and his dinner at Fish and chips!!!

My husband yes. We have the same BMI but he wants to wait until after my surgery to think about doing it himself.

My parents yes. My mom is a month post OP herself from vsg.

My siblings are not obese.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Pretty much both sides of my family are obese. When we were growing up we never really had very healthy food. When I was 10 my mother had gastric bypass and she’s had very little problems with it and has stayed under 170 and my uncle had it several years after her and has gained a little back but nowhere near as big as he was. I’m just hoping I do really good with the sleeve. So far I’m 2 weeks out and since 2 weeks before surgery I’m down about 35 pounds

Well my immediate family were all skinny healthy active growing up, so was I until teenage years puberty locked my weight gain into high gear.

My dad later in life was big butt not obese was fit like a swimmer early in life.

My mum was skinny all her life until she had her 8 kids but still no where near obese.

Out of 8 children I was the only one really dealing with my weight from a young age but now my sister is 32 with 6 kids she's gained like 60lbs over the years.

All her kids are hyperactive and fit healthy weight, my eldest niece is 16, 5ft10, 150lbs skinny slim.

Pretty much all my niece's and nephews are fit and healthy very active BMX racing, cub scouts etc

I've dealt with my weight now for like 20 years and it's definitely hindered my chances of starting a family or even having a real relationship but I'm definitely hoping all that will change once I lose the weight, tone up and get healthy I'll be ready to meet a nice girl :)

Never too old to start a family, being a man!

And if you want it, it surely will happen. And now by the time marriage and children come, you will be in better shape for your future.

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And if you want it, it surely will happen. And now by the time marriage and children come, you will be in better shape for your future.

That's the plan to live long life !