Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April surgeries?

Yeah you, Aprilgal, I figured by now the "brand-new" glow is settling into reality, day to day become your mode, and though you're still a little tender, life seems at a slightly off- balance level, things are starting to resolve?

Hmmm. Let's see. I am still sore. I have timers on my phone set to keep me on target liquids wise. I am trying to get in 5k steps a day but always find that I am fatigued after being active sometimes. To be honest, I didn't have any expectations pre-surgery- I do think things will be more clear about my new reality once I am no longer in pain.

So, I think things are going okay. I did put on about 10 pounds worth of fluids due to iv while in the hospital, but I am happy to say I reached my pre-surgery weight yesterday.

How are you doing?

Edited by Aprilgal

Goodluck to you 17thers, and 25ers!! I'm 2wks post OP tomorrow an it is going well. Painful still at times but the goal is worth it!! How are u@romanoloser?

~Bing~

I’m at the hospital now. My RNY is at 7:30 this morning. I’m ready to get this done and start my journey.

Exciting, update us in how things go for YOU! You'll be in my morning prayers!👼🙏

Hmmm. Let's see. I am still sore. I have timers on my phone set to keep me on target liquids wise. I am trying to get in 5k steps a day but always find that I am fatigued after being active sometimes. To be honest, I didn't have any expectations pre-surgery- I do think things will be more clear about my new reality once I am no longer in pain.
So, I think things are going okay. I did put on about 10 pounds worth of fluids due to iv while in the hospital, but I am happy to say I reached my pre-surgery weight yesterday.
How are you doing?
I'm doing ok, My surgery is in 2 days. It's on Monday, April 22nd. Good to hear that you are staying active. From what I read, each day things get better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, new member. Surgery was April 16, UT Davis Clinic in Houston.

Recovery is going well so far. Just been staying on the pre-surgery Protein Shakes so far. Had three today which is the most I’ve eaten since the surgery. Did have some cream of potato Soup (threw it in a blender we added some extra water)

I feel like I’m drinking Water too quickly but 1 oz every 15 minutes was too slow. Drinking the shakes slowly though - trying for 20-30 minutes per shake, though I instinctively want to drink faster.

Tomorrow is the big day for me. I will be so glad when it is finally over. Mainly because I think one of the worst parts of waiting is having had all this time to think of all the things that could possibly go wrong, and wondering/worrying how the pain and nausea and such will be for me. I pray that all of you who are about to have your surgery that all will go well and a speedy recovery for you all. I pray that all those who just had the surgery will have a speedy recovery as well. :)

Tomorrow is the big day for me. I will be so glad when it is finally over. Mainly because I think one of the worst parts of waiting is having had all this time to think of all the things that could possibly go wrong, and wondering/worrying how the pain and nausea and such will be for me. I pray that all of you who are about to have your surgery that all will go well and a speedy recovery for you all. I pray that all those who just had the surgery will have a speedy recovery as well. [emoji4]
Good luck. !!!!! This starts the new u

~Bing~

Thank you very much! I certainly look forward to that! :)

Tomorrow is the big day for me. I will be so glad when it is finally over. Mainly because I think one of the worst parts of waiting is having had all this time to think of all the things that could possibly go wrong, and wondering/worrying how the pain and nausea and such will be for me. I pray that all of you who are about to have your surgery that all will go well and a speedy recovery for you all. I pray that all those who just had the surgery will have a speedy recovery as well. [emoji4]
Praying for a speedy recovery 4u

~Bing~

So @ MorningLight, your day has come and went. How are you doing now?

Had surgery April 8..things have been Awesome!!!! Been on regular food 2 weeks now, back to the pool a week now..none of my clothes fit but not ready to buy new ones yet ( have a few basics stashed from years ago) not super excited about the weight loss as but the energy I have and the chronic pain is gone. I am so happy I did this.