Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery 2/20/2019

15 minutes ago, emet1976 said:

Maybe all the second-guessing is perfectly normal because I've been doing that too!! My clinic nurse said not to stress too much about the pre-op diet & just do the best I can. We can do this!! My bff had it done 10/2017 & says she would do it again in a heartbeat!! Just have to get past the first several weeks.

Thank you, It's nice to hear that I'm normal and not being crazy. Lol We can do this and we will. I have to tell myself this is just a short period of time for a life time of better health.

I’m on 2/20 also in Southern California, not on liquids until the day before surgery. Have to take milk of magnesia at noon and that’s about it. I am having my lapband taken out and revisioning to sleeve so hopefully all goes smooth! Good luck to you! Glad I found this website!

12 hours ago, COCOAKP2 said:

Is anyone struggling with getting in their exercise during the pre-op/liquid diet? I have no energy and I'm only on day #2. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm supposed to be exercising???? JK - Day 2 for me as well. Hang in there!!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:03 AM, JLondon11 said:

I’m on 2/20 also in Southern California, not on liquids until the day before surgery. Have to take milk of magnesia at noon and that’s about it. I am having my lapband taken out and revisioning to sleeve so hopefully all goes smooth! Good luck to you! Glad I found this website!

Good morning! I'm just curious - did the lap band fail in some way? Years ago I considered it but was advised against it because of a poor success rate? Got pregnant a couple years later, had a baby in 2017 and now I'm waiting for the sleeve surgery.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, emet1976 said:

Newbie here! Approved for VSG surgery on 2/20/2019 and feeling extremely anxious, nervous, scared. . . any words of encouragement or anybody else having surgery on the same day or near to it - I would love to keep in touch with you!

42 years old - female

5'7, 280 lbs.

Indianapolis, Indiana

I just had my Surgery 1/21/19. I had all the anxiety etc.... It went fine. No complications, no nausea or vomiting. I am 17 days out and down 24 pounds. I am on Cottage cheese, eggs, Thin Deli meat, soft cheese and am having no problems. I was 293 Lbs the night before surgery. This morning 2/7/19 I was 269. I feel great. You will do fine. Just stick with the Dr's program. Don't deviate. Good Luck!!!

7 hours ago, emet1976 said:

Good morning! I'm just curious - did the lap band fail in some way? Years ago I considered it but was advised against it because of a poor success rate? Got pregnant a couple years later, had a baby in 2017 and now I'm waiting for the sleeve surgery.

I never really lost much weight and when I had Fluid in the lapband I couldn't get anything down so I have had it empty for about 8 years now and just started gaining again in the last year. The lapband typicallly has a life span of 10 years and I am at 10 Years this past January, I have had acid reflux issues with it which made me worried about getting the sleeve but because I have a hiatal hernia and lapband, and not a history of Acid reflux, he is convinced the two combined are causing the reflux in the first place so hopefully that is the case.

So u should b in ur 2nd wk of the Liquid Protein diet, right? I'm so wanting some solid food, but am sticking with it. How about u? We're in a blizzard in Wa State now & Will b next wk also. It's 2hrs away so we'll leave a day earlier 2 make my surgery... I'm really excited!! Been swimming my butt off. Soup is getting Old 😣

I’m scheduled for February 20th 2019 in Tijuana. I had Lapband in 2009 then had it taken out in 2016. I started having severe panic attacks when it was time to eat. My kids were smaller then, and would climb on me while I was tryyto chew,chew, chew. You first instinct is to tell them to stop but AFTER you swallow. So I would swallow food to ask them to get off of me and would inevitably get something stuck. Then I’d be at the table 20 minutes later trying to finish my food. It was an awful cycle.

I’m scared that because I failed the lapband that I might fail the sleeve. I know I have to do something tho. I’ve gained 100 pounds since taking the band out. I’m scared for my life. I know I can do the liquid diet part but I’m nervous about the regular food part.

Good luck tomorrow. You will do great!

On 2/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, gabybab said:

Good luck tomorrow. You will do great!

Thank u! All went well. At home & just trying to adjust. The cut where the drain was is the most sore. And the gas pains!

On 2/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, SWEETGRACE said:

I’m scheduled for February 20th 2019 in Tijuana. I had Lapband in 2009 then had it taken out in 2016. I started having severe panic attacks when it was time to eat. My kids were smaller then, and would climb on me while I was tryyto chew,chew, chew. You first instinct is to tell them to stop but AFTER you swallow. So I would swallow food to ask them to get off of me and would inevitably get something stuck. Then I’d be at the table 20 minutes later trying to finish my food. It was an awful cycle.

I’m scared that because I failed the lapband that I might fail the sleeve. I know I have to do something tho. I’ve gained 100 pounds since taking the band out. I’m scared for my life. I know I can do the liquid diet part but I’m nervous about the regular food part.

I hope all went well for you & your surgery!

On 2/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, COCOAKP2 said:

Is anyone struggling with getting in their exercise during the pre-op/liquid diet? I have no energy and I'm only on day #2. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope all is well with you!

Do you work - did you take time off work after surgery if you do?

I do not work. I'm a stay at home mom. Which is hard being home all day with food and other bad habits. But I have finally got up to walking a mile on the tread mill. I was so put of shape I could only get to a 3rd of a mile when I started. Hope you are doing ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app