Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ FEBRUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

Feb. 8th:

Someone who inspires me is Kara Walker. She is my favorite Contemporary Artist. I'll let you see why instead of explaining

http://www.karawalkerstudio.com

Me wearing glitter

IMG_20190207_102430.jpg

Wow--- I can see why you like her. and those slides remind me of lovely lovely SummerTime!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Feb. 8th:

Someone who inspires me is Kara Walker. She is my favorite Contemporary Artist. I'll let you see why instead of explaining

Me wearing glitter

IMG_20190207_102430.jpg

Forgot to add. This was a day where I did not complete the exercise or no junk food portion of the challenge!!!!!

I helped a friend at an event where I was stuck with out proper food for a really long time, I had to eat regular low fat chips, scavenge chocolates from other vendors. So epic fail because I didn't plan well enough and had zero control over my environment. It happens but it was just a single day in a lifetime. No more excuses from me, Back to it !!!

Edited by GreenTealael

DAY#9

• Continuing with the exercises. I'm owning those burpees!
  • No junk food today. We will not speak of yesterday!!
  • My favorite quote that motivates me: "Always do what you're afraid to do." By Ralph Waldo Emerson. I have this quote posted on my doors at home. This quote inspired me to start my weight loss journey.

22 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Feb. 8th:

Me wearing glitter

IMG_20190207_102430.jpg

I love her! She was part of an exhibition here last summer and it was amazing. My daughters and I saw it together. We went back twice while it was in town. Powerful.

One of my favorite things to do is play in the snow. This is our snow cricket :)

We got really excited and got out there as soon as there was a sprinkle of snow on the ground!

20190209_165616.jpg

Edited by Naughty Glitter Goddess

I’m swimming two days and working out three days during the month of February. I’m almost two months out from surgery, hopefully this won’t be too much.

Feb. 9th:

Quote I love is from Psalm 24 because it reminds me to consider my conduct

Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

Picture of me doing something I love...

IMG_20190206_115937_550.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

DAY 10

• Got up early to get my exercise in. Also gives me alone time to think.
  • Having brunch today with my sister, who thinks I've lost enough weight. This is the thin sister, who "encourages" you to eat. I'm planning ahead on what to eat and say to her.
  • Another quote I'm fond of: "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." By Oscar Wilde.

Ummm, I'm going to need to see some other no makeup selfies before I post mine, guys

10. (haven't done this for ages, but) G̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶o̶n̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶-̶s̶u̶g̶a̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶c̶o̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶a̶r̶

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey all. I haven’t checked in in a while though I’ve been creeping.

Struggling with the no junk challenge. I seem to have issues with the whole NO thing. I would say I make 80% solidly good choices. 10% borderline. And 10% just like “what is this mess you are putting in your mouth?” Will keep on trucking. Every meal is a new chance.

Doing well on the exercise challenge. Yesterday my kids did the name challenge with me. The five year olds push ups were hilarious. Went to the gym today and did a 30 min strength/cardio circuit.

Here’s a combo no makeup selfie and three people I love love love. My three sons. ❤️❤️❤️

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg

Apart from having a craptacular week - so many bad choices, so little energy to do anything. Plus I put 1.6 kilos of my precious loss back on! Have realised giving in to Carb cravings just makes it worse. The more carbs I eat, the more I wanna eat. So have gotten real about keeping my carbs under 30 net a day. Have done it two days running and I'm starting to feel better.

But anyhoo

11. I'm actually really happy where I am, I love rural Ireland. The scenery is breathtakingly green and beautiful, and the people are kind and friendly. But I'd love to revisit the old city of Sana'a in Yemen if there wasn't a devastating war on. I went there years ago to study Arabic and it's an amazing place. All the alabaster framed stained glass windows light up at night and look magical. I also loved living in far north Queensland. Tropical weather and rain forests FTW.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

So haven't checked in here for a few days, here are my update catch-ups, sorry in advance, this is gonna be long...

Day 8...

• No Junk food (since last check-in): CHECK!
  • #8 Plank: Hold plank for as long as you can: NOPE I have no excuse for not doing it that day. I just didn't feel like it apparently.
  • #8 Picture wearing something glittery: PASS. I don't wear (or own) sparkly things, I'm a solid dark or neutral colour kind of gal.

Day 9...

• #9 Plank: 30s plank x2 + 30s mtn climbers: NOPE. Ok, so I did not even try to attempt this as I was unbelievably sore from going rock climbing the night before. Rock climbing takes a whole lot more out of you that I thought! On a related note, the fact that I even went rock climbing is the latest NSV for me. I would never have attempted this when I was heavier because I was afraid of how I would look wearing the harness or that I would just be unable to do it. I really did enjoy it though, there is something so satisfying about getting your hand to touch the final "rock". Will definitely do this agian.
  • #9 Picture of me doing something I love: PASS.

Day 10...

• #10 Plank: 30s plank x3 + 30s mtn climbers x2: NOPE Was still too sore from the climbing!
  • #10 No makeup selfie: HARD PASS.

Day 11...

• #10 Plank: 30s plank x4 + 30s mtn climbers x3: ALMOST. I've recovered enough to be able to get back into this, but man, this was difficult! I was able to do 3 of the planks completely, and 1 partial one. I didn't even try the mountain climbers. BUT...I went to Zumba this morning and I'm giving myself points for that. Zumba is pretty fun, btw, this is only the 2nd time I've ever tried it (the first and only other time I did this was when I was on vacation, and in a drunken state no less). I need to learn the steps to keep up a little better though.
  • #10 Pic me & a loved one: PASS.

Finally, I am in what I think is my first stall since surgery. I've basically stayed the same weight since Feb 1, going up or down 2 lbs over the past 2 weeks. I took a look at my food logs and it looks like I've had 2 days of eating almost 900 calories and I've been drinking less Water and eating less Protein than usual. So I'm going to reign this in and get back to how I was doing previously. Gotta love MyFitnessPal...keeps you accountable. Kinda like an annoying little brother who tattles on you to mommy.

Also, TMI, I haven't pooped in 4 days, which seems to be the norm now (!), so hoping that the BM that is due very soon will help me out in both the bathroom and the scale 😉 *crosses fingers*