Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ FEBRUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

Jan. 4th:

I forgive myself for putting myself last for too long. Martyr Mother syndrome or something. Over it! We are *all* equally important in my family. Putting myself first when appropriate.

I also pass on smiling pic

Wrinkles. Don't plan on having any thanks to resting bihhh face.

I am totally flaming out in this challenge! I haven’t met my challenge goals at all. On the first day I found out that I didn’t get my dream job after it had been hinted to me that I would. It went to the internal candidate that I didn’t know existed. 😔. And what I’ve learned is that I still have a lot of work to do around managing my feelings with food. I’ve been eating about 1800 calories a day for the last few days. Way fewer than I would have a year ago but way too many for my post-surgery goals.

Thanks for listening. I just had to publicly own that.

13 minutes ago, libbyleeb said:

I am totally flaming out in this challenge! I haven’t met my challenge goals at all. On the first day I found out that I didn’t get my dream job after it had been hinted to me that I would. It went to the internal candidate that I didn’t know existed. 😔. And what I’ve learned is that I still have a lot of work to do around managing my feelings with food. I’ve been eating about 1800 calories a day for the last few days. Way fewer than I would have a year ago but way too many for my post-surgery goals.

Thanks for listening. I just had to publicly own that.

Perfect for day 4 - forgive yourself for something.

We support your efforts.

Right.

So I finally purchased more athlazy wear to inspire working out. After last night's planking catastrophe I need to get super serious and the old ones were too big. These are in sizes XS & small 🙄, so I plan to lay on the floor to thoroughly break them in.

Edited by GreenTealael

Day 4: training for a quarter marathon and trying to get comfortable with running instead of just walking.

Resisted the 20 boxes of Donatos at the gym but I was pissed off about it. Two nights before surgery I ate a whole medium Donatos pizza to myself. After that I ate a huge taco salad with Doritos and everything that’s terrible for you. Idk how I didn’t throw up that night. Anyway I resisted temptation which is a big thing for me. Pizza is my notorious binge food.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

From a bday party last night with friends I haven't seen in ages. My obesity prevented me from socializing and several of the girls there I had not seen in almost 4 years. It's almost unbelievable. So, today is a great day to forgive myself for withdrawing from life for a while. Instead of beating myself up about it, feeling guilty and worrying about what people think, I'm just going to try showing up.

20190204_191807.jpg

Day 5

Something that makes you smile: art

In particular, this piece titled “Egghead” I viewed last week. A portrait of what appears to be Van Gogh made from resin cast chewing gum mounted to the bottom of a wood coffee table. An incredible piece by American artist, Sean Healy.

I’ve made it a priority again recently to date myself on my days off instead of catching up on TV, chores and errands. I’ve been touring art galleries, hiking, going to the symphony, fishing, lounging in one of our many great coffee shops and taking piano lessons again. It is enriching my life and slowly replacing food as my “go to” comfort source. Highly recommend!

20190129_105827.jpg

20190129_105834.jpg

#5 Feb 5.2019

Three words someone who loves me (friend) would use to describe me:

talented

strong

fun

#5 Things that make me smile (pic-not a person): one word...memes (yeah I'm that chix)...just a few laughs from mah peeps.

image.png.57bda79264f51f65f71be5b8f150abc3.png

image.thumb.png.a46a8070004c51d7cfdf817c4549b059.png

image.png.5f68b35f017da881b1429257c6515564.png

Day 4: training for a quarter marathon and trying to get comfortable with running instead of just walking.

Resisted the 20 boxes of Donatos at the gym but I was pissed off about it. Two nights before surgery I ate a whole medium Donatos pizza to myself. After that I ate a huge taco salad with Doritos and everything that’s terrible for you. Idk how I didn’t throw up that night. Anyway I resisted temptation which is a big thing for me. Pizza is my notorious binge food. image-0.00500679016113281.thumb.jpg.c82011ed966eb9702d02658347d74319.jpg
image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.69e0acef36d9c02225fd34c0e4e210f2.jpg
Yoooo planet fitness is straight trash for their pizza and Bagels days. Job security I guess. Stay strong.

[emoji738]

DAY 5: Looked like an uncoordinated chicken, flapping around doing my jumping jacks!🐥. Doing okay with no junk food. 3 words that my friends would describe me: Funny, kind and optimistic.

Day 5

Sleeve 2014 maintaining – Challenge start weight 136 todays weight 138 – Goal weight 130

#no junk food - Check

# 5 Name three words your friends may use to describe you. Integrity, inner strength and scatter brained

download.jpg

#5 Ok, what my friends would say about me - witty, generous, honest (to a fault)

something that makes me happy - I guess posting pictures of all the food I can't have anymore would be bad, right? ;) I'm going to go with Sakura Matsuri --and just plain old cherry blossom season in general. I think it is one of the prettiest natural occurrences and it always reminds me of the wonders of the world no matter how gloomy I am feeling. This picture is from 2010, me and the hubby resting under a tree, talking about me starting to lose weight so that we could have a kid. I never got to lose that weight then, but I found out I was pregnant a few weeks later.

lovey feet.jpg

Edited by YeahOkay31

Feb. 5th:

My friends would say I'm

Resourceful, Fun and consistent

I'm trying to figure out what knocked this gal's sock off (where can I get some)

IMG_20190205_150749.jpg