Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ FEBRUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I noticed on the 💗You section there was Take a New Selfie, well on Valentine's I did its not a" facial selfie", instead it is of my upper tummy, I wanted to give it some b love and a shout-out here. You see I feel one of SELFIES beauty is noticing the beauty where maybe others couldn't see it. Well my belly went along with me on this Great Bariatric Exposition. It received its 7 obligatory slits, healed up without infection and has now teeny tiny silver scars,band although I was fearful with all the stretching, scarring already, and the stretch marks are a legacy since I was 11 years old, 110 pounds, turned out they came from a skin collagen defect, not frank obesity, a nasty heredity all 3 children received, sorry Babies! But back to me , I thought my skin would give up, did not,my skin still keeps the outsides out and my innards in, just having to stretch less daily as I lose weight. So although to many viewers it is NOT beautiful, to me it is a thing of joy and beauty, a vision of success, each skin Mar is a battle ribbon of success, I maybe be 73 but the woman within is strong, committed to success, best of all still living, starting to do it with a little more vibrance, Thank You God, Thank You Bradley J Needleman MD and Thanks Bariatric Pals for your emotional underpinings as I found my way there! So Blessings be upon you My Abdominal skin, you've never failed ME yet!💭💛💙💜💚💞

Brave! But I couldnt/didn't see the pic...

Feb. 16th:
Note to self:
You owe yourself and the people you care about the very best in all regards. Give your best in life. Never settle, learn to rest not give up, choose your own path and enjoy every step. And drink more Water always.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Proving the younger generations are equally interested in politics download.jpeg

[emoji738]

I was on a five days trip to London. I tried to keep junk food to minimum but I did indulge to some chocolate and a pretzel :p
However I was walking way too much all days (and going up and down stairs like crazy in the metro and trains ) and I manage to lose 1,5 kilo during my stay there ! That never happened before, I started piling in my kilos when I was studying in Scotland and every time I visited Uk I gained weight like a sponge does Water 😂😂
Also I started to not hide myself in group photos.

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

DAY 19: I'm behind a couple of days.

• Exercise- Up early to get an hour of aerobics and strength training in.
  • No junk food- Need to be careful. Had some chex-mix, that I had way too much of. Threw the bag away.
  • Day 18: Write about someone you need to forgive. I need to forgive myself for allowing negative comments to affect me. Years ago a friend asked me: Why do you keep dieting, it's not working. You should just accept that you're "heavy." Her comment hurt my feelings for months. Looking back, I'm glad she said it. No, I do not have to accept being fat!!! Her comment started me to thinking about WLS.
  • DAY19: A positive memory- being able to put on a pair of jeans at Christmas, that did not have an elastic waist! I zipped and buttoned those jeans right up!👏

Days 17, 18, 19...
  • No Junk food (since last check in on the 16th): CHECK!
  • Planks
    • #17 30s x3 + 30s both sides x2: NOPE. This was a lazy sunday spent watching movies all day in our pj's instead.
    • #18 30s x4 + 30s both sides x3: NOPE. Was out from noon to nighttime so at least I got a bunch of walking km's in [emoji4]
    • #19 30s x5 + 30s both sides x2: NOT REALLY. I just attempted this just now. I guess the whole point of this is to build up your strength every day, so missing a couple days here and there probably defeats the purpose. I did 3 regular planks and no side planks. Oh, I can't wait till this challenge is over. I'd just quit, but the Kid asks about it every day. Guess I have to show a good example. Sucks.
  • #17 Unhealthy thing I do crossed out: I tend to compare myself to others.
  • #18 Selfie of me sweaty: PASS.
  • #19 Shoes with the sexy feels:
IMG_0270.thumb.jpg.63c874a1cc9e92d05599ca19b06a9221.jpg
The Kid is keeping you honest [emoji173]

[emoji738]

Feb. 17, 18 &19th:

Where to start...

Exercising invigorates then fatigues me. Honest assessment. [emoji16]

I need to forgive my Aunt (deceased) she made an comment more that 15 yrs ago that stuck like glue

She coolly told me "you're gaining weight and your husband isn't going to want you anymore."

She didn't know that I was pregnant and my marriage was already failing. I smiled and said ok. [emoji15]

Positive memories always include my children. While talking public transportation recently in NYC I let them sit while I stood for lack of space.

The automated message chimed that "you must give your seat to the elderly or disabled if asked" (seats they were in) and my middle teen said to me "here you can have my seat"

Unhealthy habit... Insomnia

Working on it

And for my little sass mouth... Wearing your favorite dress and it looks better on me

IMG_20190219_100451.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Sleeve surgery june 2014/ maintaining Start 136 todays weight 136.1

Day #19

Last years positive memory that I’m proud of - Two bucket list half marathons for my 50th birthday. Both were my first mountain elevation trail run’s.

No junk - Check

#sexy shoes

20190219_082415.jpg

20190219_082650.jpg

ME TOO! Sorry I have totally slacked, with proposals due and catching up. I will try and catch up. I'm a shoe wh*re, so I must add my shoes to this when I get home. :)

Sleeve surgery 2014/maintaining. Starting weight for challenge 136 today's weight 135 Feeling good about cleaning up my diet. No junk.

# day 20 Feel good art.

rodney-pike-photoshop-mr-bean-into-famous-paintings-cover.jpg

Feb. 20th:

15 mins of silence produced thoughts that I like my patience levels when I focus.

Art that makes me smile is the Sugar Sphinx by Kara Walker

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-sugar-sphinx/amp

AP472881413685-580.jpg

Soz guys, I've been falling behind.
17. Exercise: hubs hopefully asked if I didn't feel like going for our walk but I said I did so we went. It's feeling "easier" so I need to up my game, make it more challenging somehow. I've turned into one of those people who exercises regularly *gasp*.
18. I need to forgive my late dad for telling me I couldn't wear frilly dresses because I wasn't built to be able to wear them. He didn't know such a throwaway statement from when I was a kid would stay with me, but I forgive him.
19. Positive memory: I was praying in a little mosque in Marrakech when a little boy came over and kissed me on the cheek whilst I was bending over (it's a position of prayer). He skeddaddled off and I never found out whether his mother had told him to do it, or if he was just being a cheeky rascal but it made me smile. He would have been all of five!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 20...

• No Junk food (since last check in): CHECK!
  • Planks:
    • #20 30s x6 + 30s both sides x5: SORT OF. These planks are the death of me. I did 5 regular planks. Then I recovered for almost 15 mins, then 1 side plank on each side only. Whose bright idea was this plank challenge anyway?!?! As penance, I did a longer-ish walk today (total of 8.5 km), and Mr. and I had dance class tonite so there you go.
  • #20 Public Self Love: Art that gives me the feels: Van Gogh's Starry Night Over the Rhone. It reminds me of a the view from an over-water restaurant Mr. and I went to in our first vacation together. I was able to see the original in person back in 2014 [emoji813]️
Starry_Night_Over_the_Rhone.jpg.beabb7b8035c943cb7e1ffa07a05fc51.jpg
I have no clue who came up with this challenge [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]
I also love Vincent and see his work every chance I get.

[emoji738]