Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snowbound!

Oh, man, this is so hard! Snowbound with two little kids and what do you think of? popcorn, brownies, Cookies, and all the other fun things to cook and eat together. AARGH!!

We can't go outside or go shopping so we're limited to what's in the house. And what's in the house is all of the above. Besides, what on earth is fun to make that the kids will eat that isn't bandster poison?

Ah, well, thank goodness hubby is home to share the pain. He can handle the baking chores and I'll hide myself upstairs with a book till it's all over. Or do laundry, or something.

Alex - How much snow do you have? It's always tough when you are stuck in the house, seems like every food item is calling your name. That is great your DH can take over the baking etc. for you.

I think we got about 24" locally, but what's making it harder is the wind. It's bitingly cold so even though my older daughter went outside with daddy for a while she was back in after 10 minutes.

I am thrilled that he is home. He works for a deli that NEVER closes, so when we got the call at 5:00 a.m. that they were closing today it was like a message from heaven. His presence is making this a fun day, rather than a drag.

The snow sure is pretty, too! :o

Please send some snow my way!! I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon and we rarely get any. I know it's a pain for those of you who deal with ith every year, but I love it!

Alex.... PLEASE post some snow pictures.

Down south we very seldom have snow; maybe every 10-12 years and it does NOT stick to anything.

Certainly never seen 24"!!!

Alex,

We got about 12 inches here in upstate New York. It does look beautiful if you can just watch it, but going out and taking care of it gets to be a real pain. The dogs love to play in it though and it is fun to watch them.

I hope that you're not snowbound for much longer. We luckily haven't gotten the wind yet, we're supposed to sometime today but I'm hoping that it misses us.

Wow!!! thats alot of snow. It is so pretty,but I 'm sure its hard to get any where in it. I hope you won't be stuck in the house to much longer,but it is nice your husband and children are with you today. thanks for sharing the snow with us!

First off, how old are the kids?

what about crafts? that ought to keep y'all busy and not focused on food. If crafts aren't your thing, howzabout kitchen science? You know, baking soda and vinigar volcanos .... that sort of thing.

OMG.. Ive NEVER seen anything like that! Thank you so much for posting those.

Although it may be an aggravation to live in (last pic of hubby shows us that :o ) only one word can describe this... BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks again!

I live in the Minneapolis area and we FINALLY got some snow. I personally did not mind not having any snow but my husband owns a snow plow business in addition to his full-time job and he was wishing for snow. So, he plowed all night Friday night, hit his accounts again Saturday due to high winds and drifting. Now today, Sunday, he is out in the bobcat clearning our driveway. You know the old saying -- the plumber's sink gets unclogged last -- the snowplower's driveway gets cleared last. We both have 4 wheel drive -- you have to live in the woods like we do. I do think it is pretty and there are a million lovely birds at the feeders now too. Happy winter wonderland!!!! :Bunny

12-13 inches here in Warren, Michigan (Southeast Michigan)....Beautiful!!!! Going out to take some pics while the sun's still out! Looks like a million ***STARS*** Will post some later.....I LOVE SNOW!!! Don't even mind the driving!

Later...N*