Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread



Recommended Posts

Okay so as of tomorrow I’m officially a sophomore.
Wow, it’s been an interesting 6 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaaaaargh I finally got back in the pool. Like any former swim team idiot, I figured I would do just a segment of a workout I remembered from high school and wing it. Turns out you’re just fine in the Water, it’s the returning to gravity that really does a number on you. Also turns out that I’m bad at reckoning distance when vaguely recalling the number of laps that would be “reasonable” to start with after a few years away.

That said, whole different ball game now I’m both slimmer and overall more cardiovascularly active. I live in a city so walk about 3 miles a day, and if you’ve spent a number of years doing any activity there’s a certain amount of muscle memory involved, but there is no way that I would’ve just jumped in the pool and swum a mile from scratch at my highest weight. Or that recovery would mostly be a Sunday moaning irritably and drinking Gatorade rather than being immobile.

Also the vacation boo is coming to visit. The swimming regimen is unrelated, but will certainly not hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sheribear68 Congrats and welcome to the club!

@sideeye Woohooooo! Vacay boo is coming for a visit!!! Deets! And pics or it didn't happen! ;) hehe. Congrats on a mile swim girl. Dayum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, sideeye said:

Yaaaaaargh I finally got back in the pool. Like any former swim team idiot, I figured I would do just a segment of a workout I remembered from high school and wing it. Turns out you’re just fine in the Water, it’s the returning to gravity that really does a number on you. Also turns out that I’m bad at reckoning distance when vaguely recalling the number of laps that would be “reasonable” to start with after a few years away.

That said, whole different ball game now I’m both slimmer and overall more cardiovascularly active. I live in a city so walk about 3 miles a day, and if you’ve spent a number of years doing any activity there’s a certain amount of muscle memory involved, but there is no way that I would’ve just jumped in the pool and swum a mile from scratch at my highest weight. Or that recovery would mostly be a Sunday moaning irritably and drinking Gatorade rather than being immobile.

Also the vacation boo is coming to visit. The swimming regimen is unrelated, but will certainly not hurt.

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized I am 6 mos post op....by a few days now but wow....time flies LOL!

This week I am going to join a gym...finally. I have been putting it off but now I know I must. Going to set up bi-monthly appointments with a trainer also to keep myself motivated. Also signed up for a 5k and going to shoot for a 1/2 marathon next spring- so that will give me motivation and lots of time to prepare!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy to say that today, 8.8.19, is my 1 year Surgiversary‼️‼️‼️ I have lost 85 lbs, but more importantly I have gotten off NINE medications 🎉🎉🎉 I am happier, by far healthier, and for the first time in my life truly LIVING my Best Life‼️ best decision I have ever made ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I officially join? I am 10 days away but am below my goal and trying to slow or stop the weight loss. I never in my life thought I would ever stress about losing too much weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Can I officially join? I am 10 days away but am below my goal and trying to slow or stop the weight loss. I never in my life thought I would ever stress about losing too much weight.

Close enough! Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sassysleever76 said:

I am happy to say that today, 8.8.19, is my 1 year Surgiversary‼️‼️‼️ I have lost 85 lbs, but more importantly I have gotten off NINE medications 🎉🎉🎉 I am happier, by far healthier, and for the first time in my life truly LIVING my Best Life‼️ best decision I have ever made ❤️

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆HAPPY SURGIVERSARY🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!!! Happy 1st Surgiversary!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still frustrated. I’ve been working at increasing calories to 1000 to slow down the weight loss. I’m adding nuts and Peanut Butter since I can’t eat a lot volume wise. I tired half a Protein bar. I felt fine but the past few days I have been having more BMs and dropped another pound. I’m thinking maybe it’s the increased fats? Any suggestions for slider foods that are higher calorie. I’m eating a ton of 4% yogurt, milk etc. at this point I’m tempted to purée meat to drink 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I’m still frustrated. I’ve been working at increasing calories to 1000 to slow down the weight loss. I’m adding nuts and Peanut Butter since I can’t eat a lot volume wise. I tired half a Protein Bar. I felt fine but the past few days I have been having more BMs and dropped another pound. I’m thinking maybe it’s the increased fats? Any suggestions for slider foods that are higher calorie. I’m eating a ton of 4% yogurt, milk etc. at this point I’m tempted to purée meat to drink 🤢

Yes, the additional fats may have you pooping more. If you're not sensitive to sugars, you might add more fruits to your diet or starchy veggies. The fruits, in particular, are sliders and I know I can eat quite a bit. Maybe some banana or peaches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I’m still frustrated. I’ve been working at increasing calories to 1000 to slow down the weight loss. I’m adding nuts and Peanut Butter since I can’t eat a lot volume wise. I tired half a Protein Bar. I felt fine but the past few days I have been having more BMs and dropped another pound. I’m thinking maybe it’s the increased fats? Any suggestions for slider foods that are higher calorie. I’m eating a ton of 4% yogurt, milk etc. at this point I’m tempted to purée meat to drink 🤢

Can you post a sample of a day's meals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I’m still frustrated. I’ve been working at increasing calories to 1000 to slow down the weight loss. I’m adding nuts and Peanut Butter since I can’t eat a lot volume wise. I tired half a Protein Bar. I felt fine but the past few days I have been having more BMs and dropped another pound. I’m thinking maybe it’s the increased fats? Any suggestions for slider foods that are higher calorie. I’m eating a ton of 4% yogurt, milk etc. at this point I’m tempted to purée meat to drink 🤢

I'm thinking your body is telling you that at 5'2" and 134lbs it's not ready for you to stop losing. :) Most of us enter a "near-equilibrium" state where the rate of loss really slows down dramatically when we are near our own personal ideal weight. For some of us, that's not a true statement, but I've seen it happen with a majority of WLS peeps.

Here's what normal BMI looks like for AVERAGE (you may NOT be average) women:

heightweightchartwomen.JPG.32613b43fb98fee2f48b4863d6b247cd.JPG

I wouldn't be worrying or upping my cals until I was at least at 120-125lbs. I'd be thanking God for every pound continuing to fly off the shelf! :D Cuz regain IS a thing. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an ongoing allergy to posting photos online so its unlikely I can post proof of vacation boo’s visit, but he’ll be here for two weeks living in my apartment with me. There are mini vacations planned as well. He’s volunteered to cook (he knows that I rarely do, since solo meals are so tiny post-surgery that hours of prep aren’t worth it), he’s entertaining himself while I’m at work (touristy stuff I exhausted eons ago), and will probably do a few days or remote work himself.

I’ve had a really intense few months at work that have only just let up, so it’ll be really nice to have him round to hang out with. But honestly it’s also just going to be massively NC-17 pretty much all the time, and I am VERY much looking forward to that.

@GreenTealael what’s up with your long-distance guy? Still going?

Edited by sideeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×