Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread



Recommended Posts

Ok, so I'm gonna report my 12 month-ish pouch test (2 weeks late or so) here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10731248

In 5 minutes I ate 254g=8.97fl.oz.=266ml. Essentially I ate 9oz of cottage cheese in 5 minutes at 1 year. I will repeat the test next year on my surgiversary or close to it. What I've seen is a slight growth of my pouch volume at every 3 month stretch. Happy Days.

It does say that pouch size of 2.5-9oz is not associated with predicting effective weight loss or regain. So it's HOW I choose to use my pouch more than the fact that my capacity is on the high end of the curve. It just reinforces what I already knew: that I can't allow old habits to creep back in, nor can I afford to relax vigilance. Cuz it wasn't magic bean surgery for me. It didn't significantly reduce my stomach capacity to the point that restriction allows me to eat whatever I want.

Instead, the next 3 months ahead are gonna be filled with more of the same...figuring out a daily plan that keeps me satisfied and abates hunger as much as possible, then work to build and establish healthy views on when and how to eat/drink/exercise/deal with emotions, etc.

*sigh* It is what it is, and we play the hand we're dealt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey we all just have to hack our own biology. :( For me it always seems like it's a "Wild Ride with Mr. Hare" (or Ms. Hare).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah- I think I have a slightly larger pouch, but it’s still drastically smaller than what my stomach was before.. so I just try to focus on filling it with healthy things and try to be mindful of calories.

I’m still kinda stalled in the low 220s. I can’t wait for the weather to break so I can get outsidddddde. Hoping to find a local hiking buddy to hit some trails with once it warms up.

My bff is having surgery next week. I’m nervous and I’m hoping her journey goes as smoothly as mine has, otherwise I’m afraid she’ll resent me for inspiring her to go through with it. We’ve had some pretty open/honest conversations about my journey so it’s not like I’ve pressured her or told her I thought she should do it. However, I am positive that, barring any complications, she will absolutely be successful, because my girl can commit to things. Just wish she didn’t live 3 hours away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

Yeah- I think I have a slightly larger pouch, but it’s still drastically smaller than what my stomach was before.. so I just try to focus on filling it with healthy things and try to be mindful of calories.

I’m still kinda stalled in the low 220s. I can’t wait for the weather to break so I can get outsidddddde. Hoping to find a local hiking buddy to hit some trails with once it warms up.

My bff is having surgery next week. I’m nervous and I’m hoping her journey goes as smoothly as mine has, otherwise I’m afraid she’ll resent me for inspiring her to go through with it. We’ve had some pretty open/honest conversations about my journey so it’s not like I’ve pressured her or told her I thought she should do it. However, I am positive that, barring any complications, she will absolutely be successful, because my girl can commit to things. Just wish she didn’t live 3 hours away!

Ahem *Cough Cough* 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great!!! I was hoping you might be interested! What’s your “must be at least this warm to hike” temp? Mine is about 45ish, which we should hit in the next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/07/2019 at 10:20, insta_adventurer said:

Great!!! I was hoping you might be interested! What’s your “must be at least this warm to hike” temp? Mine is about 45ish, which we should hit in the next month.
If you’d be into a long distance buddy or maybe I could start a weekly hike report thread where we can post pics/trail reports/goals??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post-gallbladder surgery report -

Surgery was last Wed. Turned out my gallbladder had fused itself to my colon and the stone was trying to work its way through into the colon. Doc said it was a gawd-awful, infected mess in there.

Had my 1-week follow-up today. Best news: Drain is out! Other news: I'm cleared to go back to work next Wednesday barring any further complications. The surgeon thought it was one massive gallstone, but he got the pathology back today and it was 2 large stones, 3.0 cm and 3.7 cm that were kind of stuck together.

Anyway, my weight has dropped down to 147.4, but not in a good way. Right now, I look like death-warmed-over. Hopefully, another week of recuperation and I won't look like a desiccated mummy. I still have a lot of fluid/swelling in my belly so I don't know, for sure, how much weight I've actually lost but I think it all came off my face.

On the upside, I think I've now successfully navigated all the standard complications that can come with WLS, so it should be smooth sailing from here on out! Anchors away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Great!!! I was hoping you might be interested! What’s your “must be at least this warm to hike” temp? Mine is about 45ish, which we should hit in the next month.

Im down for whenever its not snowing

Lawdt 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AEdoesRnY said:
4 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Great!!! I was hoping you might be interested! What’s your “must be at least this warm to hike” temp? Mine is about 45ish, which we should hit in the next month.

If you’d be into a long distance buddy or maybe I could start a weekly hike report thread where we can post pics/trail reports/goals??

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Blair Witch styled 😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Post-gallbladder surgery report -

Surgery was last Wed. Turned out my gallbladder had fused itself to my colon and the stone was trying to work its way through into the colon. Doc said it was a gawd-awful, infected mess in there.

Had my 1-week follow-up today. Best news: Drain is out! Other news: I'm cleared to go back to work next Wednesday barring any further complications. The surgeon thought it was one massive gallstone, but he got the pathology back today and it was 2 large stones, 3.0 cm and 3.7 cm that were kind of stuck together.

Anyway, my weight has dropped down to 147.4, but not in a good way. Right now, I look like death-warmed-over. Hopefully, another week of recuperation and I won't look like a desiccated mummy. I still have a lot of fluid/swelling in my belly so I don't know, for sure, how much weight I've actually lost but I think it all came off my face.

On the upside, I think I've now successfully navigated all the standard complications that can come with WLS, so it should be smooth sailing from here on out! Anchors away!

Prayers up for further safe recovery!

You could write the handbook on how to navigate the complications with style, fortitude and grace 👑👑👑👑👑👑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroiditis). I'm terrified to move forward with getting a sleeve for fear that I might have a severe inflammatory reaction to the titanium staples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh O&D, wishing for you a calm and comfortable recuperation! Here's to smooth sailing ahead for you, indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Prayers up for further safe recovery!

You could write the handbook on how to navigate the complications with style, fortitude and grace 👑👑👑👑👑👑

Don't forget excessive whining! But, thank you. That's kind of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Don't forget excessive whining! But, thank you. That's kind of you.

I like justifiable whining... 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • kdgarcia

      Surgery Next Tuesday!!!!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Hide and Seek? No....   If you have noticed, it’s been a little bit of stretch between posts. It’s not because I am not interested in blogging. I absolutely love sharing my journey with you.   You see, my world has changed! I now exercise every single morning with a 3 to 4-mile walk. I also now meal prep so I don’t fall into old habits.   I am also a bit hooked on closing my Apple Watch Fitness Rings! In fact, I am obsessed with doubling and tripling most of them.   So this does take up a lot of time and by the time you add work into the mix and family time, it becomes a shorter day.   Priorities are in order for me and I could not be happier.   So in the last week, I’ve been hitting goals that I never thought I would be able to hit again. I weigh myself on Sunday’s now. It’s just easier to do before I get dressed for church. It just feels good. I refuse to constantly get on the scale when I see everyday victories. Like getting back into clothes I never thought I could, or taking the time to just breathe and be grateful for the blessings I have in my life right now.   Continued on www.SabrinaGoddess.com
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 5 replies
      1. Orgasetiree

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/desert-kitchen-nm.html

      2. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      3. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      4. Jameszew

        http://www.studiomerliniortodonzia.it/cgi-bin/bentelan.htm

      5. BrandonGep

        https://kinogo2.by/

    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 2 replies
      1. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

      2. Slownstedy

        ….and this is only the beginning :)

    • ms.sss

      @DaisyChainOz, @Arabesque ... am totally thinking of both of you this very moment as I watch the final set of the Millman-Federer match at the AO... I am riveted and literally screaming at the TV...
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

        BEST. TIEBREAK. EVER.

      2. DaisyChainOz

        haha unfortunately I missed it! Glad you enjoyed though :D

      3. Arabesque

        I didn’t see it either but I wish I had now for both the battle on court & the ball tampering accusations flying around everywhere now.

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×