Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day 4 and you would be amazed how easy it really is.

I assume my tummy is still swollen because i cant drink much.

One protien shake lasts all day and I sip on that and Water.

I have had some broth which feels really good being warm.

The heating pad is my best friend, and the only thing that has really got me is coughing or hicupping, those hurt so i have a pillow i hug if i am about to do either.

Im not hungry and have not been, but i know it's important to get some nutrients in. Hence why i work on the shake all day.

Milk made it too thick so i use Water.

My tummy is still swollen by sight but the scars or little cuts look pretty good. A little bruising, but nothing that is too bad...

I'll keep people updated because i know it's what really helped me.

Alfie- Good luck on your surgery... do you have a date yet?

Hi, I was banded on 11/9. I just started feeling human two days ago, the surgery was a little harder on me and they kept me overnight due to extreme nausea. I was down most of the day on Sunday, got up every now an again to take walking trips down the driveway or around the house. Monday walked 1/4 mile on the treadmill but without a lot of calories in me, I felt 1/4 mile was enough. Tuesday I started freaking out because I was not able to get enough calories, the hospital said to do "clear" liquids for two weeks and I was not getting much more in me then broth, Isopure RTD 40g Protein, and Water. I called my surgeon and he said, go to full liquids. Praise the Lord! Wednesday I went out and bought creamy Soups. Although I have only had half a can over a day, it and the Protein shake has made the difference. My trip out was ill-advised though. My tire we nearly flat so I had to get air in it and there was no one to help. I came home pretty whipped out.

Good to hear you are doing well...

Yes, I am a little worried i am not getting enough calories in, but then heck i got reserves :)

Im so sorry to hear your trip out was less than perfect. Are you driving? I think i can, but dont know when i am allowed to.

I'd love to drive to the grocery store and get some different broth.

I can eat like 4 bites of Jello and be full. I hope you keep getting better!

When does the tummy swelling go down?

If you are going to purchase a lot of from GNC throughout the months to come, you may want to consider their Gold card that gives you 20% off during the first 7 days of the month. I bought mine back during my two week preop diet and it has already paid for itself. GNC.com accepts is as well.

I have tried quite a few of the Proteins and do not like many of them. The few that I have found that are very tolerable are:

Isopure Zero Carb Ready to Drink (RTD) 40gram Protein drinks 20 oz per botlle. Come in a lot of flavors. The only two flavors I like so far are Alpine Punch and pineapple Orange banana.

Muscle Milk (chocolate Mint Flavor or chocolate Milk Flavor). 20g Protein 8.5 oz per drink.

The following was gleaned from another Bandsters post, and some research I have done, but if any of this is contradictory, please say so because I am not claiming to be an authority:

The two drinks above have the whey Protein Isolate in them, which is better than the other type of whey Protein. GNC has these little protein bullets that are only 3.5 oz that have 42g of protein in them. I tried it. I took a couple drinks of it throughout the day, because supposedly, the body can really only handle 15-20 grams of protein at a time to fully utilize it. The stuff was a little thick but tolerable with a chase of Water. A guy on this forum said that these little bullets did not have the right kinda of protein so I did not get anymore of them.

Hope this is helpful.

I did drive, when I went out but I probably shouldn't have. I got air in my tire, went to the grocery store and went to the craft store. I thought, the more walking the better. But the bending over to get air in my tire really messed me up for a while. I did no check to see if I was really allowed to, I guess I should have.

I am still swollen. I think I still have some gas, and I have not had a bowel movement since last Thursday, so about a week. Yesterday I started releasing some gas.

I took two weeks off from work, but I like to keep busy so I am afraid this down time will only encourage me to do more than I should. I really need to rest a lot and do some walking.

:update:

I too, was gonna back out almost to the point when the rolled me into the operating room. I kept thinking let me just try one more diet....but reality sank in I realized with 100-120 pounds to lose, I would probably never do it or it would all come back. So I am officially banded as of 11/13/07. I was scared to death. But it was NO where as bad as I thought it would be. They kept me over night the morphine drip was making me sick. I was only pushing the pump in anticipation of pain...what an idiot. Once I stopped using that it was all on the up swing. I came home started getting gas once I started drinking. Only pain is bending and getting in and out of bed. Once I get that good spot in bed I am alright. I took off three weeks from work...just in case. I planned for the worst and really came out with the best. I have some diahhrea. I called the hospital they said to call back tomorrow. Just a little afraid of dehydration. But I am still drinking, eatting Jello, will have some hot tea and a Protein Shake later actually...Yes I would do it again. Now I just have to do what it will take to lose all of this weight. Anyone afraid just email me. All the people in the chat room was wonderful, they told me what to expect and I have to thank them for all their phone calls and support.

:peace:

Molly, you should graduate to small BMs soon. i was banded the 9th also. i'm mostly still on broth and flavored water, have had yogurt and Jello a feww times, but the yogurt taste funny, but never used to. I ad A1 to the beef broth to make it more flavorful, and it makes a huge difference. tomorrow is my first post-op appt. i have lost about 21 lbs since surgery day. i think tomorrow i will have some cream Soup.< /p>

Congratulations on your recovery . I was banded on Oct 10th in Monterrey Mexico, that was a wed evening , i flew home at 7 am friday mornin , no pain just a little soreness. Everythign went well here also