Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on the road and onto puréed food

Hey guys, as of today it’s been two weeks since my surgery. I was approved for purées today, the same day that I also hit the road on my first tour since surgery. I’m a touring musician. www.victorwainwright.com

I feel pretty good so far (6 hours drive in, 8 more to go today). 12 day tour. Here’s my supplies;

Nutri Bullet
Measuring spoon/cup
Protein shakes
Protein flavored powder for water
Cans of soup
Puréed Egg salad (I made a small batch today with low-fat mayo and mustard)
Cans of chilli
Low fat can of refuted beans
Cans of chicken (also have some franks hot sauce which has been tolerated very well for me so far on liquid stage)
Some sugar free pudding (non-fridge)
Sugar free Jello (non-fridge)
Laughing cow low fat Swiss cheese

I can of course go back to the grocery store throughout the tour, but I’m trying to make sure I have a variety of things on hand.

I’ve been using sugar free ice pops for when I get head hunger, but I won’t have a good freezer while on the tour so I’m hoping sugar free jello will help there.

So far today I’ve had a Premier Protein shake, 2oz of egg salad (not sure if I’m suppose to eat 2 or 4 oz of this?) though my stomach felt full as i finished the 2oz, I could of eating more shortly after I feel like? I also had a sugar free pudding cup.

Any input, thoughts or ideas for simple stuff is most welcome. :)

Hi there...considering your job situation I really think you have the basics to keep you on track, when you get bored with those food items go on the Pinterest app to find more food ideas so you don’t get bored with the same things...variety is key!! You want to feel that you are not depriving yourself of food, there are so many foods that you can enjoy and feel satisfied with your new tool. Make sure you get seasonal fruit and veggies and if there are days that you just don’t have time or feel like eating, keep Protein Shakes on hand or Protein Powder so that you can make your own Protein shakes.

Sounds like you got this buddy. I wish you well 😉

Thank you Wanda! Great tips. 👍 I will check out Pinterest for recipes.

So far so good today. Dealing with head hunger from being back on the road and in the touring bus. I spent a tremendous amount of hours in the past eating out of habit or boredom while touring to help pass the time, so I guess that’s to be expected.

If I mix puréed vegetables in with a meal, would it be 2oz Protein purée and 2oz of vegetable purée? For a total of 4oz or 1/2 cup? Just want to make sure I’m not overdoing it. Obviously I would stop regardless before feeling too “full”.

I was approved for soft, mushy food too! My NP told me that I can eat up until 1/2 cup (or 4oz) of "food." She told me to give myself 30 minutes to eat and if I couldn't eat it all within that time limit or felt fullness prior to the 30 minute mark, just stop.

Batty_vsg thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for. :)

I am on purees and doing better battling head hunger now than on the full liquid diet. I was going to try a few good baby foods got some. They no longer have the same ones that were out when my daughter was born. I tried a fruit one banana and orange combo. It was not at all what I expected. Lol! Making me some soft boiled eggs to puree. So far eggs are good. Yogurt is good. I have sugar free Jello and pudding. I love sugar free fudgecicles and orange sherbet.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

12 minutes ago, vic91218 said:

Batty_vsg thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for. :)

Definitely! I'm glad I could help. :)

Zeb I’m feeling like the puréed egg salad I had today has definitely helped with head hunger for me as well. I’m looking forward to trying a purées chicken salad soon, but so far puréed vegetable Soup, and egg salad have been just fine. Same with sugar free pudding, I haven’t tried yogurt yet.

Zeb I’m feeling like the puréed egg salad I had today has definitely helped with head hunger for me as well. I’m looking forward to trying a purées chicken salad soon, but so far puréed vegetable Soup, and egg salad have been just fine. Same with sugar free pudding, I haven’t tried yogurt yet.
I made me an egg salad with Tblsp plain lite yogurt and dab of mustard a dash of salt and pepper. It was so good. I didn't care how squishy it was. Lol!

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s a good idea Zeb! I used low-fat mayo and mustard, salt and pepper, and a little franks hot sauce. Coming off liquids to this, has been great so far.