Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

#9 How I'm Keeping On Plan:

Well, I'm taking it one day at a time. Honestly. Some days have been better, others not-so-much, but I forgive myself and move on. The idea is to string together as many back-to-back days of being 100% on plan as I can, cuz it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more days you string together on success, the more you want to add another day to your tally. And if you have the right plan filled with small actions daily = success eventually! Woot!!!

Success is nothing more and nothing less than a series of small repeatable actions done every day.

Here's what I'm trying for daily:

1. Log everything (ideally plan it before hand) and track.

2. Weigh daily

3. Get my fluids in (100+/day)

4. Take my supplements

5. Eat 3 small meals no more than 1cup volume (60-70g protein; 20g net carbs; 30-40g fat)

6. IF 16:8 daily

7. Exercise 6 days per week

8. sleep as much as I can at night (sometimes that's a challenge due to pain)

9. Pray/meditate

10. Spend time with friends

It's been easy for me to stay on track because my surgery is only 6 days away! I can't wait to weigh myself on the morning of the 15th! I hope I at least make it to 239!

#9 How I'm Keeping On Plan: Poorly, really struggling. Trying IF to see if I can regain some control

More than a little late, but after a hiatus from BP I find myself in need of camaraderie, support, and accountability. So here's some catch up--some w/ pics, some without.

1. See below.

2. Many: *Get into onderland (been bouncing for weeks between 200-201)* Find a therapist and go (my headspace has been awful as of late)* Pick a darn surgeon for my plastics (can't find the right fit but looking forward to new boobs and arms by summer)* Start tracking and keep tracking. I've gotten super lax with this. Not good.*

3. 2018 goal??? Get surgery and survive---nailed it!

4. Pic below--I'm gonna have to say fitting into the Marchesa dress I got on clearance from Saks back in June. A designer size 14 (as opposed to contemporary sizing) is a big deal!

5. Um, no.

6. Missed this. :(

7. Gonna go back to the Marchesa dress--inspired by the feat of fitting into it. Motivated to fix my arms and breasts so I can look good in it.

8. Still walking 40-50 minutes a day, plus getting my booty on the treadmill at home. Want to start some squats, Still too cold for trekking to the gym (I walk--don't drive) so need to stay active at home.

9. Meal prepping--pic of my breakfast/lunch for today. Kinda still falling apart at night. I got this really bad habit of picking when I am preparing dinner for my family. Not as bad as November and December but I can use some discipline.

IMG-4049.JPG

IMG-4050.JPG

IMG-4046.JPG

Edited by YeahOkay31

#9 How I'm Keeping on plan:

Some fear of weight gain keeps me on plan. I gain quickly and it's slow to come off. I log, exercise, keep motivational things on my fridge, set goals, and this challenge is helping. Thanks @GreenTealael

Don't judge. Three months until Vegas. I'm going to see my sister in law on this vacation. At the beginning of my weight loss, she said to me " you know your just going to gain your weight back." 🙄 Anger is a great motivator to stay on plan. I hope to be in the low 130's for Mt Charleston.

download.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by Healthy_life

1. Track what I'm eating every day, being careful to stay under 1300 calories.
  2. Walk for 20-30 mins every day, even on weekends. It's easier for me to walk on weekdays because we have a small gym at my work.
  3. Bring my gym clothes with me to work on Mondays so I can go straight to my strength training class after work.
  4. Drinking a minimum of 50 ounces of Water every day.
  5. Staying on track with my weekend eating, which has the potential to get out of control because my weekends aren't as structured as my weekdays.

1 hour ago, Healthy_life said:

#9 How I'm Keeping on plan:

Some fear of weight gain keeps me on plan. I gain quickly and it's slow to come off. I log, exercise, keep motivational things on my fridge, set goals, and this challenge is helping. Thanks @GreenTealael

Don't judge. Three months until Vegas. I'm going to see my sister in law on this vacation. At the beginning of my weight loss, she said to me " you know your just going to gain your weight back." 🙄 Anger is a great motivator to stay on plan. I hope to be in the low 130's for Mt Charleston.

download.jpg

images.jpg

That bi+¢π ! kick her in the throat with your beautiful legs, no don't... But visualize it

Edited by GreenTealael

Jan. 9th:

I'm staying on plan with all you amazing friends! I hope we are all friends- friend me if we aren't already...

The last Challenge I ran was my first and I was a little unprepared and unwell most of the time. I'm so glad this one is going a lot better. Honestly I hope to try to have someone run a different challenge every month. I like the community effort.

I'm mostly introverted in everyday life and my wls journey is not public, so this forum is essential for me. Thanks everyone for your participation. I'm crying into espresso...

Edited by GreenTealael

12 minutes ago, bogglesauce said:

1. Track what I'm eating every day, being careful to stay under 1300 calories.
  2. Walk for 20-30 mins every day, even on weekends. It's easier for me to walk on weekdays because we have a small gym at my work.
  3. Bring my gym clothes with me to work on Mondays so I can go straight to my strength training class after work.
  4. Drinking a minimum of 50 ounces of Water every day.
  5. Staying on track with my weekend eating, which has the potential to get out of control because my weekends aren't as structured as my weekdays.

You got this!!!

31 minutes ago, ms.sleeve said:

#9 : How I'm keeping on plan...

1. Logging everything I eat and drink
2. Use the timer on my watch between bites
3. Meal planning (as much as I am able)
4. Carry around extra Vitamins and some beef Jerky in purse for emergencies
5. Carry around a Water bottle everywhere I go
5. Weigh myself daily and log it
6. Take body measurements every Wednesday and log it
7. Exercise *

* So I went to hot yoga this morning at the new gym. It was 1 hour long and I spent about 15 minutes of it on and off doing actual poses, and the other 45 minutes of it laying down flat on my mat from heat exhaustion and lack of practice! I also probably drank (and sweated out) my average day's allotment of Water in that 1 hour. So my next attempt at this will be Saturday...if I can go for at least 16 mins of participation, I'll consider it a win. Baby steps, baby.

I'm going back to a timer also

44 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

More than a little late, but after a hiatus from BP I find myself in need of camaraderie, support, and accountability. So here's some catch up--some w/ pics, some without.

1. See below.

2. Many: *Get into onderland (been bouncing for weeks between 200-201)* Find a therapist and go (my headspace has been awful as of late)* Pick a darn surgeon for my plastics (can't find the right fit but looking forward to new boobs and arms by summer)* Start tracking and keep tracking. I've gotten super lax with this. Not good.*

3. 2018 goal??? Get surgery and survive---nailed it!

4. Pic below--I'm gonna have to say fitting into the Marchesa dress I got on clearance from Saks back in June. A designer size 14 (as opposed to contemporary sizing) is a big deal!

5. Um, no.

6. Missed this. :(

7. Gonna go back to the Marchesa dress--inspired by the feat of fitting into it. Motivated to fix my arms and breasts so I can look good in it.

8. Still walking 40-50 minutes a day, plus getting my booty on the treadmill at home. Want to start some squats, Still too cold for trekking to the gym (I walk--don't drive) so need to stay active at home.

9. Meal prepping--pic of my breakfast/lunch for today. Kinda still falling apart at night. I got this really bad habit of picking when I am preparing dinner for my family. Not as bad as November and December but I can use some discipline.

IMG-4049.JPG

IMG-4050.JPG

IMG-4046.JPG

Looking great! Welcome aboard!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

#9 How I'm Keeping On Plan: Poorly, really struggling. Trying IF to see if I can regain some control

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Can I join SUPER late? I would love this challenge and keep me motivated and accountable.

Surgery date: 12/10/18
HW: 234
SW: 228
CW: 198
GW: 140

Current Picture:
Sorry- done at work just now! :)

IMG_0737.jpg

Edited by shanza

13 minutes ago, shanza said:

Can I join SUPER late? I would love this challenge and keep me motivated and accountable.

Surgery date: 12/10/18
HW: 234
SW: 228
CW: 198
GW: 140

Current Picture:
Sorry- done at work just now! :)

IMG_0737.jpg

Absolutely!