Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was told not to lose weight

I went to my consult about 2 weeks ago and made all my appointments. I go back on 2/14 to follow up. I called the other day and asked what amount of weight was expected for me to lose before I go back and I was told not to lose any. Insurance wants to see that I can't lose. I can go up or down 5 pounds but to try to stay the same. I was also told at my consult that it will be an outpatient procedure and sent home the same day. Is this normal? Thanks.

I think you should stay at least one night. Hopefully they have a good pre-op liver shrinking diet.

I have to do two weeks of something called a Robard Diet. shakes and Meal Replacement bars and Soups, I believe. I know I have to buy it from them.

If it's with chrias you do Robards for 2 weeks. They told me outpatient as well. Mine was done at 1pm. Went home next day.

2 hours ago, DelawareWoman said:

told not to lose any. Insurance wants to see that I can't lose.

@DelawareWoman

hmmmm, never heard that one!! (could you have misunderstood)

my dr. told me pre-op - to lose 5% of my weight

insurance wanted to make sure i COULD lose weight

I have to do two weeks of something called a Robard Diet. shakes and Meal Replacement bars and Soups

if you eat food above for two (2) weeks, i can't imagine you not losing any weight.

i have heard/seen OP on board have out-patient procedure - they go home the same day

depends on the doc - if you feel like you need to spend the night due to pain, talk to your

doc - also make sure ins. will cover

good luck

kathy

Oh and skip the Soups. They suck. Protein Bars are good last 2 or 3 days you can't eat those. The pudding is pretty yummy

And you'll lose 5-10 lbs most likely

1 minute ago, AJP said:

If it's with chrias you do Robards for 2 weeks. They told me outpatient as well. Mine was done at 1pm. Went home next day.

Yes, it is Chrias... so if it's outpatient then why did you stay overnight? I'm so confused. My tubal, my FDP repair, etc was all outpatient. I was in and out in 4-5 hours. I called them this morning but they didn't call back (I didn't really expect it on a Friday before a holiday). I'll try them Wednesday. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, AJP said:

And you'll lose 5-10 lbs most likely

They told me don't lose between now and my 2/14 appointment although they said with the nutrition it would be hard not to but try. My nutrition is fasts tracked I have an appointment 1/10, 1/14 and 2/11. I was told I need 3 appointments but they don't have to be a month apart for my insurance (Independence BC).

Thanks for the heads up on the Soups. I'll stick to the bars and puddings. I'm not too much of a Soup girl except creams... I'll do broth if I have to though.

OK so you haven't done the nut yet. Thought you had. You'll be weighed each visit you can't be over the starting weight from visit one when you weigh in on the 3rd visit with the nutritionist. After you get your surgery date set and are approved is when you'll start Robards

I was told it was normal to stay one night. You'll spend most of that night walking around the floor with the iv lol. I had a steady supply of ice chips and an ice pack for my stomach. Best things!!

Do you have a low BMI to start with?

I’m about 41 BMI