Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have PCOS

I have gotten the same diagnosis. Adenomyosis. I am in so much pain and discomfort. Did yours cause backpain? I went to the back institute thinking that I had injured my back in some way. I am scheduled to have hysterectomy on July 25th. I was banded back in Nov. 07. I'm a little worried about how this will effect my band.

what is this? i recently had a miscarriage. i tried to miscarry naturally, but got some severe infections because i still had tissue after 10 weeks (and my orig doctor did not check for it). so i went to another doctor he did an ultrasound and did not see anything in my uterus, but gave me a medicine to act like a d&c. so i did that, and still hurting and infection. finally he admitted me and did surgery. thank god he did. he said my uterus was full of Fluid and matter, which tested to be products of conception. and, my ovaries had hundreds of cysts on them, so he poked hundreds of holes in each of my ovaries. and i had a staple left from a gallbladder surgery that was lodged into my pelvis.

this was 3 weeks ago. i hurt terribly. after surgery i could not go home because of the pain. i still hurt. it just seems like it is never going to go away. now i'm getting ready to start my period, and good god the cramps are horrible. i'm so tired of all of this. i'm 26 and i have had 2 doctors say that my ovaries need to be removed. this last doctor didn't do it because he knows i want another child. however, i can't try not know. not after the absolute hell that i have been through. i missed 9 1/2 weeks of work because of all of it. it has been horrible.

we are sueing the first doctor by the way.

lifechange82: when i went for my first treatment,late january,the tech girl told me for the best effect,the pulse readings on the laser have to be between 10 and 15. anything less than a 10, you really won't see results. i go for my second treatment this saturday, i go to american laser centers here in l.a. i already see the differnce; i have light skin with sick dark hair:cursing: and i HATE the daily shaving with the HEAVY amounts of consealer & foundation; can you ladies feel me?!?

but you hang in there. i've had this problem for 11yrs and finally decided to do something about it. maybe you should go to another facility or have a different tech treat your areas...? :(

I feel you, after I went through my first divorce the thought of dating again and having anyone try to get that close to my stubble was simply horrifying so I went to have laser treatement....OMG...it was like the BEST thing I ever did.

After about 2-3 treatments I had NO more of the thick creepy beard type hairs and even to this day I still see some "dark" ones on occasion (I go back 1-2x a year for maintenance) that I just cut off or pluck between treatments (not recommended but hey you got to do what you can live with) but after the hair started disappearing-my complex completely changed-I quit getting those pimples (probably due to not only Hair growth, but picking plucking and heavy makeup) and get this, the first time I was kissed again (sigh) he touched my face and it was so intimate (gasp) I felt like I was sixteen again....tee hee-that was several years ago, I'm remarried (happily) now.

They started out on Low settings with me as they were worried about burning me but as I progressed they set the laser to a higher setting. I think they are using the Apogee machine? and I go to the NUVO MedSpa in our local mall.

Six years ago... I finally switched doctors because the pain and bleeding were an every day occurrance and my OB/GYN said to stop complaining that every woman has a period. March 2002 I went to a new doctor and he told me I had PCOS and ademyosis (sp?). My uterus was like it was 5 months pregant. Thank goodness nothing had turned to cancer. :( Had my total hyster. in July 2002. I could not believe how much better I felt the next day. My new doctor told me it was a miracle my husband and I were able to have our daughter. She is 16 years old now and I treasure every day with her and my husband.

I thought after my hyster that the weight would just come off...NOT. I was banded on June 27, 2008 and in reading the posts I'm hoping to have the weight off within the next two years. Good luck to everyone

Well please be patient, I don't know if it's typical (probably not) but i'm a super slow loser and I eat less than my 3 year old daughter! I just weighed today and I lost a pound but it's been 2 months since my last pound was lost!!!! I completely blame my PCOS and hormone imbalance because I know MOST people doing the same routine as me would show more results. I've been alot more active since summer is here too and I may be putting on more muscle but I thought muscle was supposed to HELP weight loss not JUST add weight gain (not that i've put any weight on) but on the plus side, my waist is smaller and the scale tells me i'm 1% less body fat than I was since May!

I've been trying something new these past couple week (I eat a couple of almonds after each meal, only 2-4 nuts - not many as they have alot of calories) I read that the good fat is supposed to help weight loss and apparently it works as I lost a pound!!!!! Lets see if it continues to work....I also am trying to eat more (which for those of you with bands are aware is such a hassle) so what I do is when I feed my 3 year old I try to take a bite of her food and with that and MY meals i'm eating more often.

Well....I have had normal ones for 4 months now and suddenly I am 5 days late!! I even did a pregnancy test today, which was negative. I have decreased my intake a lot in the past month. Maybe that has messed me up a little. Who knows. These hormones have a mind of their own..

Renewedhope? Any changes? Did it come or did you take another test? Is a baby a good thing or not so good for you?

Every month when I show i'm ovulating (now) WHICH I got to tell you still FREAKS me out as this is so NOT how the first 30+ years of my life have worked so far, I think about whether it's a good thing (having another baby) or not -i'm approaching 39 and I can't decide if I want to take that plunge, but for some reason I just cant seem to make the definite "no" really feel right....ya' know? :(

H all,

PCOSer here, my weight loss is slow too. I just read a few posts and can relate to all of them.

I am stil on a very heavy dose of BCP one of the strongest they can give me. I think it is starting to cause problems for me. My periods used to be very light with the pills and my past (Heaviest) weight. Now that I've lost weight my period have become very heavy and long. They are regular because of the pill, but wow what a change in the duration and quantity.

Two months ago I had a scare of not starting my period. I went and got a pregnancy test. Babies are not a good thing for me. I married a man with 5 kids, we now have 5 grandkids. I resolved myself to not having kids 20 years ago when I was first diagnosed w/PCOS. Then to get this scare. I know with losing weight it is possible to get pregnant , but that is not an option for me. I am on BCP, but I know it can still happen. I'm not about to give up the cause of pregnancy, I like that too much.

To anyone discouraged, hang in there. There are some down times and things seem to move slower then others, but it will help and it can work. just give it a chance, and hey if you have lost any weight that is also a plus, it can't hurt.

A huge moment in my life...The hair has lessened some since surgery, but I still started Laser hair removal (LOVE IT!) I have not shaved since May. My DH touched me face for the first time this weekend, and I did not stop him. Wow I can't get over it. It is very emotional for me. We have been together for 17 years. And this was the first time I let him touch my face without pulling away. WOW! I am at a loss for words...

Edited by Ann D

H all,

PCOSer here, my weight loss is slow too. I just read a few posts and can relate to all of them.

I am stil on a very heavy dose of BCP one of the strongest they can give me. I think it is starting to cause problems for me. My periods used to be very light with the pills and my past (Heaviest) weight. Now that I've lost weight my period have become very heavy and long. They are regular because of the pill, but wow what a change in the duration and quantity.

Two months ago I had a scare of not starting my period. I went and got a pregnancy test. Babies are not a good thing for me. I married a man with 5 kids, we now have 5 grandkids. I resolved myself to not having kids 20 years ago when I was first diagnosed w/PCOS. Then to get this scare. I know with losing weight it is possible to get pregnant , but that is not an option for me. I am on BCP, but I know it can still happen. I'm not about to give up the cause of pregnancy, I like that too much.

To anyone discouraged, hang in there. There are some down times and things seem to move slower then others, but it will help and it can work. just give it a chance, and hey if you have lost any weight that is also a plus, it can't hurt.

A huge moment in my life...The hair has lessened some since surgery, but I still started Laser hair removal (LOVE IT!) I have not shaved since May. My DH touched me face for the first time this weekend, and I did not stop him. Wow I can't get over it. It is very emotional for me. We have been together for 17 years. And this was the first time I let him touch my face without pulling away. WOW! I am at a loss for words...

Wow, glad the baby scare turned out okay...

I can totally relate to the emotions you had regarding letting your DH touch your face, it's something you can't put into words isn't it? congrats on that wonderful stepping stone...:(

I did start. Just a little late. As far as me and a baby. I don't know. We have a son who is 9 and adopted a baby in November. He is now 19 months. We have 3 forster children (8 months, 2 and 4 years). If we didn't have all of the children I would probably want another one for sure, but with 5 kids (4 really young) I just don't know. If I became pregnant I would think it a huge blessing and be thrilled, but I can't really say that I want to "try" to get pregnant either. DH feels the same way. Right now we are just not doing anything to cause or prevent pregnancy. When I get ready to have ps we will look at it more closely and have to make a decision. Hope that makes sense. I love kids and consider them a HUGE blessing, but I also feel that my family is a complete unit now. So I don't know!

I did start. Just a little late. As far as me and a baby. I don't know. We have a son who is 9 and adopted a baby in November. He is now 19 months. We have 3 forster children (8 months, 2 and 4 years). If we didn't have all of the children I would probably want another one for sure, but with 5 kids (4 really young) I just don't know. If I became pregnant I would think it a huge blessing and be thrilled, but I can't really say that I want to "try" to get pregnant either. DH feels the same way. Right now we are just not doing anything to cause or prevent pregnancy. When I get ready to have ps we will look at it more closely and have to make a decision. Hope that makes sense. I love kids and consider them a HUGE blessing, but I also feel that my family is a complete unit now. So I don't know!

I KNOW exactly what you mean-my husband and I have been doing the same thing for the past 3+ years-just leaving it in the hands of God. Well it sounds like you really love your babies (and DH) and that's all that matters-have a great day!!!!:thumbs_down:

I had backpain, lower stomach pain, etc. It was awful...After the hyster have never felt better in my life. Now...just need to get this weight off. Went for my first appointment after being banded on the 27th and lost 4 lbs. Dr was excited for me, but I just want it all gone. I will say that on occassion, I still get very sharp pains where my ovaries use to be. Nothing is showing on any scans. My dr is not sure what is going on...bad part is my pap smears keep coming back abnormal. I have had to do the different tests and about 4-6 months the pain comes back. Last year he told me to wait a year and see what happens. If the pain is really bad he wanted to see me. It has been tolerable...I go back in October for a check up. Guess I'll see what is going on then. I don't understand why pap would be abnormal when there is nothing there any more?? thoughts anyone...

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS 19 years ago. I had excess weight, excessive hair growth on face,arms and legs (hairier than most men!) and a really irregular cycle. Since then my weight has ballooned and I have developed IR and IBS (not related, but doesn't help). I've had an ultrasound done twice and no cysts. Never had them, which is lucky. The really strange thing with me is my hormone levels are always fine, they are always in the top % of what they should be for a women, they just don't make it down below! lol.

I will be banded in October and can hardly wait. I'm hoping we can reverse a lot of this damage and maybe even I'll get pregnant next year. Cutting it fine as I'm 41 already, but plenty of women have their first child later these days, so I'm not too worried.

i am 26..just had a hysterectomy to treat pcos, and andemyosis..??? spelling. i horrible endometriosis unerneath my utereus and my ovary had adhesed itself to my colon. i'm still in pain. i can tell i'm going to feel so much better though.

Hi, I'm new to the site. Banded April 4, 2008. Just had my third fill due to a stressful move. I have PCOS and has anyone's cycle returned to a normal 28 day cycle after losing weight?

My cycle returned to normal about 2 months after surgery. I have come to HATE the normal 28 day cycles. I was so used to 1 or 2 periods a year and so excited that I am finally "normal". Well, my little monthly visitor is getting to be a real bother, especially since my sex life has returned to "normal" as well. LOL Did I just say that!!!

Hi, I'm new to the site. Banded April 4, 2008. Just had my third fill due to a stressful move. I have PCOS and has anyone's cycle returned to a normal 28 day cycle after losing weight?

I was banded 4/24 and finally had one cycle without provera. Other than that, nothing has changed. It was a normal 5 days like it used to be though. For about 6 years now, I only have a cycle when I take the medication. I was hoping it would return sooner - as we are wanting to get pregnant - but maybe it'll happen soon!

Best wishes!