Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try Bone Broth, sf crystal light and some Protein Water, get in the habit of carrying a drink with you everywhere - because after surgery you can get dehydrated really fast and be in trouble Healthwise. You are thirsty and hungry by not eating during the day and unable to cope at night while looking for stress relief besides.

Most of us had 10-14 days of 800 cal Liquid Protein, and NO food, and then Clear Liquids for 24 hrs before surgery. You have enough time to get in gear, but please stay hydrated. ( don't get mad @FluffyChix - remember the veterans on here have all been right where you are, and truly want to share our experience, encouragement and help - and if you knew her you would know she was being sarcastic and attempting wittiness along with worrying)

Don't give up!!! I'm on 100% liquids for 4 weeks before my surgery. So I'm 1 week in and I am day dreaming about chewing food...anything. I stop myself and just focus on today. Just today. Do it today and tomorrow will come. I know it sounds cliche but its helping!! I've cheated twice but I'm determined to get through this!!! Short term struggle for years of better health. YOU GOT THIS!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965W using BariatricPal mobile app

My Dr, does a 10 day liver shrieking diet. 7 day full liquid diet no sugar or bubbly drinks. 3 days clear liquid with the same rules and then nothing 12 hours before surgery and lots of Fluid. I have chose power aide zero and Water with MIO. So you have time. Don't give up. I couldn't even have food for 10 days working on day 7 now and I'm starving but I eat sugar free Jello, warm flavored tea, chicken broth, sugar free hard candy, sugar free popsicles ect. Good luck!!

I had a 14 day liver shrinking diet so you definitely still have time!! Mine was Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch (and I could have a small apple or orange for a snack). Then 4 oz lean Protein and 1 cup non-starchy veggies for dinner. (Sounds similar to yours). And the great news is your “cheating” wasn’t with really bad stuff - or even worse - alcohol! It was a little extra of the food you were supposed to be eating!! :)

I was/am a BIG girl (highest weight 365 - surgery weight 327) and this diet shrunk my liver just fine! I do agree with what others have said about alarms. I’m so busy at work I set them to remind me to drink water!! Don’t stress - you can totally do this!!!! We are here to support you!!!

I had a 14 day liver shrinking diet so you definitely still have time!! Mine was Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch (and I could have a small apple or orange for a snack). Then 4 oz lean Protein and 1 cup non-starchy veggies for dinner. (Sounds similar to yours). And the great news is your “cheating” wasn’t with really bad stuff - or even worse - alcohol! It was a little extra of the food you were supposed to be eating!! :)

I was/am a BIG girl (highest weight 365 - surgery weight 327) and this diet shrunk my liver just fine! I do agree with what others have said about alarms. I’m so busy at work I set them to remind me to drink water!! Don’t stress - you can totally do this!!!! We are here to support you!!!
Thankyou so much for that i am 14 days away from surgery and today i have done great no cheating its go time!!

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, zueschoco1 said:

Thankyou so much for that i am 14 days away from surgery and today i have done great no cheating its go time!!

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome! I knew you could do it! Rinse and repeat tomorrow!

The losers bench is when you are post surgery and losing the weight! It’s a good term in our world. 🙂

You can do this. It can be hard. I was supposed to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. I hardly did any of them like I was supposed to. I still have problems 7 months post op keeping myself accountable, but each day I do a little better. I try not beat myself up for it because then I"ll justify continuing like I was. But if I end up cheating and eating a cupcake or chips (which I've done the past few days) I try to eat less calories in the next meal. I've got my whole month planned out starting Saturday when we go grocery shopping. Impulse eating is my downfall. I also end up getting so hungry because I don't eat at good times that by the time I realize I need to eat, I dont' want to make anything, I just grab something quick. But, I've accounted for that and will start having healthy foods that can be eaten quicker: veggies and ranch dip made from greek yogurt, string cheese or block cheese sliced.

Doomed! Listen to me the poster girl for doom and gloom, move over Betty Grable, move over Raquel Welch, Frustr8 is now here. 10 weeks since my surgery today, still on a Stage2B diet, can't even keep down all the Stage 2 food choices, crouched over the Buzz Saw blade , plaintifully pleading " Lady Parts don't drop, I don't want to become an "IT"!!!

I know this is hard, the pre-op diet is so emotionally and physically draining. Right when you're the most nervous, you're supposed to NOT EAT??? Like um...excuse me that's not how this works! Don't they KNOW that? Especially since your stomach is used to eating as much as you have been.

I also know how hard it is to get wrapped up in all your day-to-day tasks and forget to take care of yourself. But you deserve it, you are worth all the pain and suffering you feel like you are going through. There's no reason why you can't do it. Your Surgeon and we all believe in you. Medically, they wouldn't expect it of you if you couldn't do it or if it was too dangerous to do.

Try and channel all your energy into following it AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE. I found that very helpful because I felt like at my most nervous I NEEDED to eat more. You CAN do this, you're so much stronger than you think you are.